stuart cooper roy dean beef

What do you all think about Roy's students' belt levels? I don't know how BJJ is outside my area, but the locals here seem to be a lot tougher.

Though, I did once see a college girl non-stop giggle while rolling with Roy. So he's got that going for him.

Though, I did once see a college girl non-stop giggle while rolling with Roy. So he's got that going for him.

lol.

and that post from roy about picking up chicks... damn. off-balancing someone socially? are you fucking kidding me?

i have a buddy who told me about the pick up artist stuff, and he's got a few solid points. but it's mostly just good conversation starters. getting into that whole lying / tricking scene is just fucked up, as far as i'm concerned. but then again i haven't had any snatch for a while now, so who am i to talk.

This situation is sad if students are truly leaving his academy over what so far has been a "he said, she said" situation.

Roy is a tall, in-shape, decent-looking guy who has a cool job that he is successful at and probably has a few sheckles in the bank. He's well-spoken, interesting and passionate. Getting women should come pretty easily to a guy like that.

My impression is that Roy was probably very awkward and shy as a teenager/college student and didn't have much success with girls, that's why he threw himself into judo, aikido, JJJ and BJJ. You don't have 4 black belts by the time you're ~30 if you're drowning in pussy.

I think despite turning out to be a well-respected instructor and successful business man, his insecurities with women carried over into adulthood and perhaps that's why he resorted to this PUA stuff to boost his confidence. And maybe that's why he couldn't let go of being rejected by his secretary, if that's what actually happened.

It's why I'm a white belt. If you know what I'm saying ^^

I don't know Roy (or Stuart for that matter)- but to me, his videos and interviews are pretty annoying and I never really liked the vibes it gave off (or tried to give off).

Then again, I fully realized that I might be in the minority, as he seems to be very popular on the internet and forums.

Having said that, I can see why he wouldn't want to run a day to day BJJ academy. I own my own little school with less than 30 students, and just the business side is a pain in the ass. I love to teach, but he's also been teaching twice as long as I have, so I can definitely see the appeal of ridding yourself of your day to day school and just living off seminars and training/instructional videos.

Isn't firing a failed love interest and a DVD copyright dispute pretty not a very big deal. Doesn't seem like something people would mass leave a gym.

Having said that, I can see why he wouldn't want to run a day to day BJJ academy. I own my own little school with less than 30 students, and just the business side is a pain in the ass. I love to teach, but he's also been teaching twice as long as I have, so I can definitely see the appeal of ridding yourself of your day to day school and just living off seminars and training/instructional videos.

If you had the means to do I don't see why you wouldn't want to cut yourself free of the bullshit that comes with running the business. He can just focus on more lucrative ventures, some teaching a few times a week and leave the BS to someone else, seems like a great plan if you can pull it off.

As I said a few dozen pages back, the BJJ community are a hybrid between teenage girls who love nothing more than gossip and hipsters who are impulsed to slavishly follow the latest Brazillian trend. Roy Dean puts out great videos with clear instruction that helped me a lot as a white and blue belt, and his personal grappling style is smooth and butter and great to watch. Some high school-eqsue cat fight with some dude I never heard of before doesn't change any of that.

I still don't know who Roy Dean is, but he sounds hilarious.

This situation is sad if students are truly leaving his academy over what so far has been a "he said, she said" situation.

Roy is a tall, in-shape, decent-looking guy who has a cool job that he is successful at and probably has a few sheckles in the bank. He's well-spoken, interesting and passionate. Getting women should come pretty easily to a guy like that.

My impression is that Roy was probably very awkward and shy as a teenager/college student and didn't have much success with girls, that's why he threw himself into judo, aikido, JJJ and BJJ. You don't have 4 black belts by the time you're ~30 if you're drowning in pussy.

I think despite turning out to be a well-respected instructor and successful business man, his insecurities with women carried over into adulthood and perhaps that's why he resorted to this PUA stuff to boost his confidence. And maybe that's why he couldn't let go of being rejected by his secretary, if that's what actually happened.

Nice psycho analysis there, Dr. Sigmund Fraud.

Thanks, I got the same joke about 9 posts back and 11 days ago. Way to be on top of things.

You've been found guilty of psychologistical quackery by Stuart Coopers' lawyer. The IBJJF demands that you hand in your BJJ badge to your local Keenan. Failure to do so will result in termination through armbarring by Rickson.

Sherdog diagnosis is above reproach . We previously conclusively determined that Palhares is retarded, the Miyao's are autistic, and now we know Roy Dean is an extreme introvert.

Sherdog diagnosis is above reproach . We previously conclusively determined that Palhares is retarded, the Miyao's are autistic, and now we know Roy Dean is an extreme introvert.

none of those seem very far fetched, to be honest.

You've been found guilty of psychologistical quackery by Stuart Coopers' lawyer. The IBJJF demands that you hand in your BJJ badge to your local Keenan. Failure to do so will result in termination through armbarring by Rickson.

Whoa whoa whoa...

He's at least entitled to trial by Facebook massage.

LOL, I'm dying here.

Credit should also be given not just to the keen master's of the mind and the human condition. Let's also tip the hat to the finest legal minds of our time who espouse wisdom such that most people wouldn't be able to conceive if not for them. For example when a person is found not guilty it means that person is completely innocent and absolved of all accusations of all wrong doing "beyond a shadow of a doubt". Most justice systems settle for a reasonable doubt, Sherdog's legal scholars have a much higher standard.

And the economists whose market theories can be summed up in one sentence - I give you money and then you give me a product or service. What else could be involved in running a business? Nothing of consequence surely.

This thread is hilarious. Damn. No wonder it doesn't seem to die.

Tony Robbins does NLP and he does train some psychologists even though he isn't one himself.

This is why we can't have nice things.

This thread was awesome, but someone had to go and fuck it up.

Back