Strongman Mike Jenkins, 31, dies.

StupidityKills

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Sad news today that I was told by a guy local to him.

HARRISBURG -- Mike Jenkins, one of the strongest men in the world, has died. He was 31. Jenkins, a resident of Dauphin County, died suddenly this morning. CrossFit Gamma, the gym in which Jenkins co-owned in Hershey, announced his death on its Facebook page but offered no other details. Jenkins finished fourth at this year's World's Strongest Man competition in China. His biggest win came at the 2012 Arnold Strongman Classic, in which he beat the biggest names in the sport, including Zydrunas Savickas, Derek Poundstone, and Brian Shaw. Jenkins, who was 6'6" and around 400 lbs., also won the 2012 Giants Live in Australia and the 2010 Arnold Strongman amateur event. A native of Westminster, Md., Jenkins also played college football at James Madison. He is survived by his wife, Keri.
http://www.local21news.com/sports/f...ies/strongman-jenkins-31-dies-659.shtml?wap=0

RIP Mike.

Sad news indeed, I remember seeing him run Big Z close on the shoulder press and thinking he'd be a force! RIP!

Sad to see. I was backstage when he won the Arnold. Seemed like a good guy. Real personable and was thanking all of the volunteers on the crew.

That sucks. Was it a heart attack? I feel bad for his family.

The vid said he died in his sleep. My first thought for a guy that size of 400lbs, is he probably had sleep apnea and may have just stopped breathing in his sleep. Sleeping meds can make that worse. But who knows, could have been something else

Back