Stripping Conor of his belt will do nothing

Ysgramor

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Every other day, there's a thread that calls for stripping Conor of his belt. While i agree that would be fair, it won't solve anything.

The root problem is that there are no rules with how somebody earns a title shot. After they solve that issue they need to make strict rules on retaining the belt.

So if you guys are going to go bananas over something, at least make some noise in the right direction.

I don't have a problems with them stripping him.
If he wants to chase a fight with Mayweather fine. But don't hold up a division because of it.

Why would they impose strict rules on themselves? That's kind of the point. The UFC is able to operate freely as possible without restrictions.

The root problem is that there are no rules with how somebody earns a title shot. After they solve that issue they need to make strict rules on retaining the belt.

Rules for earning a title shot has nothing to do with it, the guy is not fighting MMA at the moment, and is pursuing other avenues. Fair play to him, but if that's the case the LW division needs to get on with it and get a new champ that is currently fighting MMA.
His root to the title has nothing to do with it, fair or not he took the opportunity given to him and won two belts.
Got stripped of the first when it became clear he was no longer involved in the FW division, and now he is no longer involved in the LW division, likely the same will happen

Every other day, there's a thread that calls for stripping Conor of his belt. While i agree that would be fair, it won't solve anything.

So if you guys are going to go bananas over something, at least make some noise in the right direction.
I disagree...I think it'll be a step in the right direction.

Also, you're not really stripping someone of a belt if they have no intentions of fighting. They have pretty much done it themselves

He raped 145 and 155 and there will only be paper Champs in those divisions

He can do what he wants

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't only champions get PPV points?

If so and he gets stripped, the chimp out that follows it will be something.

The root problem is that there are no rules with how somebody earns a title shot.

We can debate that Conor didn't deserve it because he was 1-1 in his two previous fights..

There's also other folk who will point out that he took the fight when dos Anjos got injured.

I'm sure there's other reasons folk will give, but even though that card on paper was one of the best - if not the best yet in the UFC - he's their biggest draw and they probably wouldn't have sold the ridiculous ticket prices they did if he wasn't on the card.

Folk will moan and complain that 'Conor fans are more interested in PPV buys/the gate' (and they, the HARDCORE FANS, are only interested in seeing the rightful contender get a title shot at LW) I doubt most of them who say it mean it and it's sort of a swipe at his fan base, but for the one's who genuinely believe that to be the case, they can dislike what the UFC are doing, but PPV/the gate/sponsors is what brings them in money. That's the bare facts.

I don't think folk care about the belts as much as they go on about them nowadays - why would a fan care if his favourite fighter wins a belt? All they are are a tool that increases a fighter's pay and if they meet X amount of PPV buys, they earn extra dough from it.

He never intended to defend. Strip him and move on.

Okay, so you strip Conor, what then? He's the reigning double-champ forever and free to fight Nate for $30m+ next :cool: That'll teach him! :rolleyes:

The UFC should do with LW what they should have done with FW: just continue the division with an interim belt. Put his titles in dispute. Conor only does big fights, and unification bouts are the sort of thing they could build a big event around.

lol at shergogers wanting to strip him. just search nude connie on the internet for thrills.

I disagree. Only letting him keep the belt will do nothing.
Stripping him the LW belt would be easier than the FW belt.
Because unlike FW he only have a win against, IMO the weakest LW champ in UFC history.

But hey he still got some time to prove that he can defend at least once.

The people here call for a stripping of the belt because they are stupid and think the belts actually matter

Back