Stripping Colby is a gimmick to get fans on his side

Colby Covington HAS NO CHANCE of EVER becoming a champion. He only has TWO KO's out of his 14 wins. Sure, he's a bundle of frenetic action but what does he do with it? HE CAN'T HURT his opponents. Mostly, he just holds them against the cage hoping for points for a vertical takedown and control. When he goes against the top fighters who know how to fight off the cage then he is going to get elbowed to death.

Colby wanted downtime and got what he asked for. He's just bad and nobody cares. Compare with Sonnen, who was able to talk his way into some good fights.

Who cares.

I'm sure Colby gets first crack at the winner of Woodley vs Till.

Also don't be surprised if the Woodley vs Till blows up in the UFC's face with Till not making weight.
Till missing weight could make the card great. Cuz if anything Woodley will fight less safe without his belt on the line.

The Interim title gets passed around more than a hooker in a back alley. The world knows that this is a propaganda stunt for Tyquil to duck Colby so Colby won't sweat this political bs one bit.
or the ufc did everything in their power to promote Colby to the point of making him interm champ and it still gave him zero interest so they realized they are wasting their time with him and decided to move on

Just a lesson from Dana... Make him some money and all is well.

Now there will be an injustice done against a guy who got stripped of a belt because he wanted an extra month to prepare for a unification bout

that interm belt fight to start was a gimmick.

No, it wasn't.

It was a desperate ploy to have another title fight on a card.

There shouldn't have been an interim title in the first place, Woodley wasn't out indefinitely and his return frame wasn't over a year away.

They backed him hoping his act would sell but it didn't, his title fight was insanely boring and he makes the UFC look bad. They probably just want him to go away at this point.

His fight was a 'title fight' purely for the purposes of selling a card. Now another card needs a title fight and he's not good to go so he loses his made up title.
Live by the sword etc.

How can you be stripped of a fake (interim) belt?

The interim wasn't needed.

Tony's stripping was more legitimate because Conor had been out a long time, but Tony also took too long to fight and got injured.

Nobody cares about Colby except that 1 fan he has on sherdog who won't stop making threads.

I was already on his side, but now they stripped him because he refused to compete I see him as a bit of a bitch.

Now take this with a grain of salt, but recent update i heard from Brendan Schaub (lol) is that Colby did infact agree to the Woodley fight, he was happy that he did 5 rounds recently, but because of his Sinus issue, his team and doctor or whoever said he has to recover a little bit to get it sorted, which if true, i think is completely fair. He just fought 6 weeks ago! if he legit did have a sinus problem, going into the biggest title fight of his life that is a 5 rounder, it would be a huge mistake of anyone not to recover for a few months before its gone..

With that said, that is assuming all that is true, could be bullshit.

Anyway, how come people are so quick to shit on Colby for not instantly turning around and fighting for the belt within seconds if he claims to have an issue, but yet no one has a problem with Woodley not fighting for an entire year now.

So Woodley has been out for a full year july 29th 2017 his last fight, but shits on Colby for not doing an instant next camp after his last 5 round fight.. logic :p

But...no one is on his side, his alt accounts are complaining but everyone else seems to be very happy with the decision.

the real #nerdbash2018

It's not working cuz I still don't care.

Woodley / Till is the better fight.

Champions need to defend their titles. No sympathy for Colby, and i'm a fan.

In three fucking months?
He won the belt on 9 June and they want him to defend in September.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back