Elections Striking Photo Comparison Between GOP and Dem Class of '18

Did you have a prayer meeting yet over what to do about the 2 Muslims who were elected? And how's the Non-American Names Committee coming along? Did they make a decision on what people's names are allowed to be American yet?

Mike Pence is going to have to swear them in on a Koran.

And the United States elected the biggest know nothing of all an orange, serial lying reality TV host.
Took the resident race baiter in chief long enough to check in.

In 2018 the Republicans got absolutley curbstomped among African Americans, Latinos, Asians, Arabs, Jews, Muslims, voters under 40 and white college educated women. They can deny and deflect all they want but the numbers don't lie.

Democrats got: 90% African American vote
77% Asian vote
69% Latino vote
59% White college educated female vote
79% Jewish vote
Didn't they also lose educated non-old guy white males too? Maybe my memory is failing me but I recall looking at the numbers and seeing that Republicans lost every group except old white guys and uneducated younger white guys.

Didn't they also lose educated non-old guy white males too? Maybe my memory is failing me but I recall looking at the numbers and seeing that Republicans lost every group except old white guys and uneducated younger white guys.
No Republicans won college educated white men narrowly.

So democrats hire people based on race, religion and sexual orientation over actual qualifications.

Seems like everybody already knew this.

Yup, because electing a dead Pimp and two people under indictment make them paragons of professionalism.

Well that being said^...

I think that if we look at it at FACE VALUE we can see how America is changing. It doesn't seem that the GOP is the "big tent" that is always touted. We always hear that "Women and Minorities vote Democrat", and that may be so. However, what is the GOP offering Women and Minorities other than "When you arrest these bad dudes, don't be too nice!" and "Grab 'em by the Pu$$$y"?

Hey, don't blame me, I'm not the DeFacto leader of the GOP who made those statements... I AGREE with fiscal responsibility, self-reliance, and working hard. I think that 99% of the GOP would agree with me, but as a Black man I'd fear for my safety if I were to attend a GOP event...

What is the GOP offering minorities and Women? That's the fundamental question that the GOP must answer. Because if you're asking a woman or a minority to choose between the two...?

You'll always catch more flies with honey Vs. vinegar.

Last edited:
1280px-Women_Serving_in_the_U.S._House_of_Representatives_by_Party_through_2019.png

I wouldnt call that vastly underrepresented figure a "huge number".

“There’s been a Republican woman problem for a while — it didn’t start this year,” said Kelly Dittmar, a political scientist at the Center for American Women and Politics. “But it is illuminated by the fact that when you drop by one, two, three or four, you’re getting down to such a small level of representation for women because you had no padding.”

Less attention has been paid to state legislatures, which are particularly important to increasing the number of women in office because they have been traditional steppingstones and training grounds. Currently, about 61 percent of women in state legislatures are Democrats and about 38 percent are Republicans.

That gap increased in preliminary results from this year’s elections, to about 68 percent Democrats and 32 percent Republicans, according to Katie Fischer Ziegler of the National Conference of State Legislatures.

That discrepancy is striking because Republicans dominate the majority of statehouses. But that may have reduced opportunities for women to run, she said, because so many Republican incumbents are male and would have to be challenged in primaries.​
Do you think that pandering to regressive zealots who want to legislate the female reproductive system-- some of whom actually believe a woman cannot get pregnant from legitimate rape-- have hurt Republicans among educated women voters?

Can this be so?

Alternate theory: Democrats actually represent the population as a whole whereas Republicans appeal to older white men.

BTW, Republicans know this is a problem too. Graham was recently on the record discussing this problem with his colleagues as they try to figure out how to appeal to a broader electorate (this is a silly discussion since we know why they don't but I'm just pointing out the GOP knows it's an issue going forward). The demographics are looking really bad for the GOP's future and they know it.
That's the crazy thing about this thread. The GOP looks at that picture and realizes that they have a demographics problem. They've been commenting on this for years.

But here in this thread, this corner of the world, we have people acting as if representative democracy is the equivalent of diversity hires of unqualified people. People voting = idiots getting into office?

This is the GOP's problem and they know it. They can't reach out to a broader section of the country without putting forward candidates that those broader groups of people can identify with. But they can't put forward those candidates because their current constituents would see any overt act of inclusion as a betrayal. It's a slow death of a thousand cuts, there is no Trump waiting in the wings after this one. A man with enough personal reputation to drown out his personal shortcomings on a national scale. Most of the people who fit that description nowadays? They lean Democrat.

@cooks1

And the United States elected the biggest know nothing of all an orange, serial lying reality TV host.
You just cant get over it, can you?
Well, buckle up and put your helnet on, because the next 5 - 6 years are gonna be rough.

Looks like a case if style over substance.
I'll bet a million dollars gender and race were among the deciding factors for dem voters.

That's the crazy thing about this thread. The GOP looks at that picture and realizes that they have a demographics problem. They've been commenting on this for years.

But here in this thread, this corner of the world, we have people acting as if representative democracy is the equivalent of diversity hires of unqualified people. People voting = idiots getting into office?

This is the GOP's problem and they know it. They can't reach out to a broader section of the country without putting forward candidates that those broader groups of people can identify with. But they can't put forward those candidates because their current constituents would see any overt act of inclusion as a betrayal. It's a slow death of a thousand cuts, there is no Trump waiting in the wings after this one. A man with enough personal reputation to drown out his personal shortcomings on a national scale. Most of the people who fit that description nowadays? They lean Democrat.

@cooks1

Very well said. It is a bit of a pardox for them. In order to bring diversity into the Republican Party, they are going to need to have a message that appeals to those groups. Which means, in essence, becoming 'Less Republican'. It will be a challenge to do that without alienating their base.

There are some paths forward for them though. One path might be to just feel the pain and let go of some tent pole issues that while a life preserver now, will be turning into an anchor soon enough. Abortion for example. There are millions of people that vote R for that issue alone. And they are actually getting an even larger % of staunch pro lifers than they have in the past. If that is even possible. The challenge though is that they are getting a larger and larger share of a proportionally smaller and smaller market.

They need to bite the bullet and jettison some of their socially conservative dogma.

Last edited:
97% of representatives come from 36% of the population.

Interesting

Alternate theory: Democrats actually represent the population as a whole whereas Republicans appeal to older white men.

BTW, Republicans know this is a problem too. Graham was recently on the record discussing this problem with his colleagues as they try to figure out how to appeal to a broader electorate (this is a silly discussion since we know why they don't but I'm just pointing out the GOP knows it's an issue going forward). The demographics are looking really bad for the GOP's future and they know it.

Reality check: Dems don't care about those groups they only see them as stupid demographics they can exploit for votes. How have the dems helped the urban black communities? The jury is in on that one.

Weak ass deflection...... A bunch of editors at a shit newspaper is not the same as elected officials who make laws and spend our tax dollars.

Try commenting on the topic of the thread. It's pretty simple. Republicans elect mostly White Men. If you think that's OK say so. If you think it's not say so.

Reality check: Dems don't care about those groups they only see them as stupid demographics they can exploit for votes. How have the dems helped the urban black communities? The jury is in on that one.
That's wrong. For example, their views on the social safety net programs clearly help low income folks of which disproportionately help minorities. The GOP does zero to attract these folks and they support killing programs that help low income earners. Democrats support worker rights, increased access to healthcare, increases to the minimum wage, etc. while the GOP wants a purely free market healthcare (can't afford it, can't have access), no minimum wage, etc.. They are simply voting for the candidates that best support their interests. Help me, because I can't quite put my finger on it, but what is appealing to a urban minority about a old white guy who supports corporate tax cuts and deregulation? Or a message that says we should kill programs that help the poor so we can lower taxes on high income earners?

We are also seeing minorities that come from the communities in which they live win their elections. The famous example is AOC (Puerto-Rican descent) winning against an old white guy in the Bronx district which has a Hispanic majority. We've seen this type of thing around the country.

And as long as idiots like Trump keep spouting out thinly veiled racist shit embraced by the GOP they'll continue to lose. As long as their policy goals are centered around upward redistribution of wealth at all costs they'll continue to lose with these groups.

Back