Strikeforce HW Tournament

I know you posted this after reading my bitchslapping in the Cormier HW thread

Some crappy pics of the even. Early iPhone cameras were not great.

Fedor walking out.
IMG_6897.JPG

AA walkout.
IMG_6896.JPG

GSP was there's but the security woman wouldn't let me get a picture.
IMG_6895.JPG

I tok a picture with Renzo Gracie but I look like a douche so I won't post it. Gina Carano was there but too mobbed to get a picture.
Pic from our seats. Their is the aisle the fighters walked to backstage after their fights. IMG_6894.JPG

I remember seeing that announced and thinking damnnn Strikeforce is taking over... then UFC monopolised god damnit

dana-white-strikeforce-shirt.jpg

Yeah that really sucked when all of the best figjters from The UFC, Pride, Strikeforce, WEC, Affiliction, WFA, and the IFL were finally in the same organization. I really hated seeing...

Overeem Brock
Victor Anderson
Shogun Liddell
Cain Bigfoot
DC Mir
Liddell Wand
Nog Mir
Condit GSP
Machida Romero
Bendo Penn
Diaz Ceronne
Jacare Okami
Mousasi Machida
Cro Cop Gonzaga
Rampage Liddell
Rothwell Shaub
Hunt Bigfoot
Hendo Bisping
Etc...

Ubereem would have beat Bigfoot and Barnett and won the tournament, not a doubt in my mind.

yeah probably, maybe Cormier woudl have a chance if somebody on the other side of the brackets pulled off

yeah probably, maybe Cormier woudl have a chance if somebody on the other side of the brackets pulled off
I would say Overeem finishes a 2011-12 Cormier. Anderson Silva was able to keep Cormier at bay for a while with body kicks. No telling what a fully-roided Overeem would do.

Everyone thought Fedor was for sure gonna win the HW Grand Prix Tournament at that time back in 2011. Everyone really wanted to see roided to the gills Strikeforce HW champion Alistair Ubereem vs Fedor.

Unfortunately, everyone was shocked when Fedor was eliminated in round 1. Things got crazier when Daniel Cormier, the alternate that no one had ever heard of, came in and wrecked shop to win the entire thing.

This tournament was stacked with GOATs, legends, guys from the bronze age UFC Tim Sylvia - AA era, and guys who are still champions in the UFC today.

Tournament bracket:

SF_GP_bracket_complete.jpg

"Guys from the bronze age UFC Tim Sylvia - AA era"??? <45>
<36><{jojo}>

damn, good old times :) first round broke my heart though, I was so looking forward to see Fedor make a comeback after losing to Werdum ... well he got smashed by Bigfoot and I was left alone and sad watching Schindler´s list, lol :D

Back