Strike force MW belt

BowserJr

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Cung Me had it in the beginning and later Robbie Lawler had it shortly after Jake Shields had it and then Jacare followed by Rockhold

Did Lawler vacate it? If not who did he lose it to?

Or was it Shields that vacated? I can't remember... Does anybody?

First off it was Cung Le.........

The history is a bit confusing.

First SF MW title (2009)- Cung Le first won the first belt and vacated before his first fight with Scott Smith. Which is why that wasn't for the title, I believe. Cung Le would later go on to fight Wanderlei in the UFC, which is why he never regained the SF MW title.

Second SF MW title (2010) - Jake Shields won the vacant Strikeforce MW title after beating Hendo in 2010. Jake soon vacated the belt to fight in the UFC.

Third SF MW title (2010-2013) Jacare Souza won the third vacant SF MW title after beating Tim Kennedy for it. Jacare then successfully defended against Robbie Lawler. Lawler never held a Strikeforce belt. Rockhold beat Jacare soon after that and the rest is history.

Last edited:
Cung Me had it in the beginning and later Robbie Lawler had it shortly after Jake Shields had it and then Jacare followed by Rockhold

Did Lawler vacate it? If not who did he lose it to?

Or was it Shields that vacated? I can't remember... Does anybody?

Frank Shamrock held it first when he beat Phil Baroni he then lost it to Cung in his first attempt to defend it.

Lawler was the EliteXC middleweight champ. It was defunct when EliteXC folded and bought by Strikeforce.

Easy mistake to make since it was Showtime and SF did co-promotion with EliteXC

Lawler was the EliteXC middleweight champ. It was defunct when EliteXC folded and bought by Strikeforce.

Easy mistake to make since it was Showtime and SF did co-promotion with EliteXC

Robbie never had the strikeforce me belt? I could've sworn he did

Who had it before shields?

Robbie never had the strikeforce me belt? I could've sworn he did

Who had it before shields?
Cung Le. However, Le vacated so it was Shields/Hendo for the belt.

Not having any fight between Le/Shields/Jacare in Strikeforce was a complete tragedy.

Cung Le. However, Le vacated so it was Shields/Hendo for the belt.

Not having any fight between Le/Shields/Jacare in Strikeforce was a complete tragedy.

Jacare wasn’t on the scene until a month or two later.

Shields vs Mayhem was actually for the vacant MW title. Shields defended vs Hendo.

In retrospect strikeforce couldve had some great matchups that may never happen

In retrospect strikeforce couldve had some great matchups that may never happen

Coker is going to bide his time and slowly reassemble his entire SF roster in Spikeator over the next decade. It will be sad and too late, but it will happen.

The history is a bit confusing.

First SF MW title (2009)- Cung Le first won the first belt and vacated before his first fight with Scott Smith. Which is why that wasn't for the title, I believe. Cung Le would later go on to fight Wanderlei in the UFC, which is why he never regained the SF MW title.

Second SF MW title (2010) - Jake Shields won the vacant Strikeforce MW title after beating Hendo in 2010. Jake soon vacated the belt to fight in the UFC.

Third SF MW title (2010-2013) Jacare Souza won the third vacant SF MW title after beating Tim Kennedy for it. Jacare then successfully defended against Robbie Lawler. Lawler never held a Strikeforce belt. Rockhold beat Jacare soon after that and the rest is history.
Didn't Shields beat Mayhem for the belt?

MW championship was televised live on NBC twice and on both occasions, Shields worked 25 full minutes of love and peace exhibition and made Coker crawl.

The spin kicking cans Cung Me.

The breaking Frank Shamrock's arm Cung Me.

The beaten down within an inch of his life by Michael Bisping Cung Me.

The 100% natty Cung Me.
Forgot Franklin Ko

Something wand, Chuck and hbomb couldn't do

Forgot Franklin Ko

Something wand, Chuck and hbomb couldn't do

Confused-Jacksonville-Jaguars-fan-in-stands.gif

Lawler just exchanged wins and losses while his stay in SFORCE then ATT happened, the proverbial fire was lit under the proverbial ass and one of the best career turnarounds took place in his return to UFC and 170 division.

Such an odd fact isn't it

This gif is exactly how I picture most mma keyboard warriors. A scrawny unathletic dork, watching from the sidelines, while scoffing and criticizing athletes that actually made something of their life

Back