Explosive Strength - Martial Arts Training logg [NEW Frontsquat video]

Xplosive-Viking

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I posted my previous video in the wrong section, so il post it here as a start to the log.

Heavy workout from yesterday: 225 bench press for max reps, pull ups +15kg max rep, and military presses max rep. + some attempt at some tricks - doesnt really practise this, but im gonna try start doing it.

Kicking from this week:

Stats and info:

Nathionality: Norwegian / Swedish
Weight: 193 pounds
Height: 5ft 10
Martial arts experience: 11 month of TKD @ 11 yrs => 8 month of JKD @ 16 yr old => 3-4 month of K1 kickboxing + Submission wrestling @ 20-21 yrs old. + 1.5 yrs of practising 1 time per week with new kicks on a heavybag after a strength session.
Injuries: Labrum tear on both shoulders, right shoulder since i was 20-21(from my first grappling tournement, which ended my focus at training martial arts and going into mma). i tore my left shoulder a couple of years ago after i had surgery on my right shoulder(retore it 4 month later).

So i have done aloooot of rehab, and finding ways to work around the movements so i can lift heavy as possible without to much problems.. So i train strength around 2 times a week, on average probably 1.8 or something :p ... When i train to much it will overload the shoulder, BUT it seems to get better each month very slowly, so we'll see if i can up the training.

Future: In a month or so im thinking of starting to train at a MMA gym and do 1 grappling, 1 muay thai session a week, and maybe 1 takedown/ground and pound session every other week or so.. and do 1-2 strength sessions a week.

we'll see how it goes.

Last edited:
Throwback from before the labrum injury: Compilation lifts i did from 19-21 yrs old + some martial arts / athletics aswell.

Cool video, I hope you can get back to that level. Good log with the log!

Todays training:
So today i decided to train some powercleans, havent really gotten to train them since after the injury.. Only 3-4 times the last year. 2 weeks ago i did a couple of reps on 95kg(cuz it was a 15kg bar), and it went easy.

Powercleans: double overhand, no lock-grip
20kg ..
60kg*5
80kg*3-4
90kg*2
100kg*3 film
110kg*1 film
120kg*1 film :D wuha!! Did not except this! It went up kind of easy i would say! :eek: Only 5kg below PR, and i barely train squats and deadlift atm.. only 1 set of 140kgx5 the last weeks to get my grip strength back due to my previously broken fingers. (last training the grip suddenly was alot better than the previous weeks, so i decided to test out rope climbing later).

Muscle-ups: The bar is rolling, so its alot harder to do them on here.. When i watched the tape my technique was totally different and i was swinging alot more, not happy with this. But i felt very strong and felt i could do 12 if the bar wasnt rolling.

BW*9 film

Rope climbing: only hands and legs straight, for the most part.
1 set, film.

Box-jump:

2x2 with only the box

2x1 + 3 weights on top film

To finish it off, i did 1 easy set each with hammercurl, push ups and triceps extention, and lateral shoulder raise.

Todays training: Kicking and "Tricking"

Warm up: lots of foamrolling, cable warm up for shoulders(before every workout). 4-5 mins on the running machine. Did a couple of reps with 50kg deadlift+frontsquat.

Kicking: Film
Tricking: Film

After this: 1 set with rings dips + 1 set pulldowns(?) + 1 set opposit-pec dec in rings.. just to get the the muscles working.. Ive been working the last 5 days and not getting enough of sleep, so i felt a bit stiff, slow and heavy today.

Feel like im about to catch a cold. Cleans/frontsquat/deadlift w\60kg. 2 sets each. + 80kgx5 frontsquat. Bench press: 100kgx20 + 105kgx3 w/stopp. Cablerow: 4 set. Start low increase each set. Militarypress: up to 60kgx5. Felt like shiet. Felt bad about not doing heavy squat today so i did 100x10 squat + deadlift. DONE. Hopefully next session will be better.

Did a couple of sets with Dips in rings/band + Pullups + Played a bit on the monkey bars. A couple of sets with light and easy deadlift and squat.

Tried some things i dont usually do: FILM
V-sit raises + Vit-sitt => Handstand + Long jump + Jump on thin bars(balance)

Last edited:
Ive been moving to another apartment this week so its been busy.

Training yesterday:

Frontsquat:
up to 120kg x5 (w/full stop on the last one) felt pretty easy.. Very happy with that considering how light and little i have trained squats/legs.

Deadlift:
up to 120kg x10 widegrip - easy.

Bench press:
up to a double on 110kg, felt like shit.. my shoulders seemd stiff and off, so i stopped there.

Pull ups:
Bw x20 wide
Bw x10 narrow
Bw x10 medium
Bw x10 biceps-grip
+ 1 set of rowing.

Shoulderpress: After my first day in the log here i did 60kgx14, but after that ive tried a littlebit and i felt alot weaker, so i tried something easy and new today.

20kg+40kg x10 (behind the neck, strict) very easy... last time i tried this i had discomfort in my shoulder with only 20kg, so my shoulder keeps in recovering, which is nice :)

1 set of biceps and lateral raise.

Video of the squat is coming..

Sick training. Weighted pull ups, front squats, handstands, kicks ... I like it

So checking out the videos I am thinking... pretty athletic and I was mildly impressed. Then I see your long jump and I was like WOAH! You're part frog dude. Very cool.

Hehe, Which video did u watch? Didnt think my longjump was all that, never train it. But i was happy with that one. Thanks ;)

Had a minor thing happening in my back at work yesterday. So i was a bit off. Powerclean: up to 120g kg x1. Then some kicking in the end.

The stress and shit this last week most def. has taken a toll on my training, damnit :p
Muscle ups: Bw *5
Pull ups on a New bar:
Bw+10kg *18 almost 19 :p felt weak, but got a decent number in.

Incline dumbellpresses:
up to
42,5kg x15 - my right shoulder were having a bit of issues so stopped, didnt have many left anyways.

Cable row:
2-3 set

Littlebit of kicking.. My back is still a bit akward after what happend at work on tuesday. Was inspired by idol portals capoeira kicks in the air, so did some of that. (Video coming soon)

Back