Strength, Speed and Stamina: Pick 2, Ditch 1

10000 Days

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Strength, speed and stamina are the 3 major components of athleticism. If you were an athlete, and let's say you had to focus on the 2 and had to sacrifice 1, what would it be?

Would you choose to have:
a) Great Strength, great Speed, but poor Stamina?
b) Great Speed, great Stamina, but poor Strength?
c) Great Stamina, great Strength, but poor Speed?

Personally, I would choose C.

I'm pretty sure you didnt mean to post this in the training logs, but I'll go ahead and answer anyways.

Strength and speed all day. They complement each other very well.

People are always impressed by displays of speed. No one is impressed by some guy's stamina (bedroom is the exception for these statements).
And quick question: Who won the 100m gold medal at the last Olympics? Name me any endurance athlete that participated, without looking it up.

I'm pretty sure you didnt mean to post this in the training logs, but I'll go ahead and answer anyways.

Strength and speed all day. They complement each other very well.

People are always impressed by displays of speed. No one is impressed by some guy's stamina (bedroom is the exception for these statements).
And quick question: Who won the 100m gold medal at the last Olympics? Name me any endurance athlete that participated, without looking it up.

I just based it on experience, I've been gassing pretty hard, thus my end game is usually piss poor. I also box, and whenever I do, I always pray to them gods that I wish I had better cardio. I'm quite bulky, so I don't expect to use speed against my opponents, team sports or individually. That's pretty much why I chose to have great endurance, to complement strength.

Believe me, doesn't matter how strong or fast you are. If you're gassed, there's nothing much you can do.

Strength, speed and stamina are the 3 major components of athleticism. If you were an athlete, and let's say you had to focus on the 2 and had to sacrifice 1, what would it be?

Speed and stamina. Speed kills.

It depends on what kind of athlete you're trying to be. Discus thrower? Wrestler? Gymnast?

as an athlete i would take steroids

Great speed and stamina.

Strength is the easiest to improve.

Strength and stamina, although I am quick I rely more on timing. Timing will always beat speed.

Shit. And my dude Andre degrasse was in there too I think

Mo Farah.

Name a finalist of the 200m other than usain bolt without looking it up.

Why don't we just talk about real sports and how LeBron James is our Lord and savior.

Why don't we just talk about real sports and how LeBron James is our Lord and savior.

lebron-james-carried-off-court-leg-cramp-nba-finals.jpg

Last edited:

Definitely B for me. Speed and stamina, especially in combat sports.
Strength is really the most useless, as it’s transient and in direct opposition to the most important quality: stamina.
I’ve always been fast both in mind and body when fighting, with strength and stamina being mediocre.
Obviously everyone has their own style and reference, but mine is B.

To have fun in sports: speed and strength (= power)

For real life needs: strength and stamina.

Back