Streets of Rage 4 - April 30th 2020

Really hope this is good. If it gets people to play the GOAT SOR2 I'm all for it.

Really hope this is good. If it gets people to play the GOAT SOR2 I'm all for it.

I have the Xbox 360 “Sega classics “ disk with SOR 2 on it. But it isn’t GD backwards compatable with the One, so if I want to play sor 2 I have to get the genisis down out of the attic and hope it works.

Freaking Jedi Acadamy from original Xbox is backwards compatible on the one now and some 360 games aren’t fml

I have the Xbox 360 “Sega classics “ disk with SOR 2 on it. But it isn’t GD backwards compatable with the One, so if I want to play sor 2 I have to get the genisis down out of the attic and hope it works.

Freaking Jedi Acadamy from original Xbox is backwards compatible on the one now and some 360 games aren’t fml

OG hardware usually looks terrible on modern displays unless you use an external scaler, but if you have a crt(old tube tv) lying around use that. Sucks that disk is not BC

This site has a bunch of info on retro stuff if you're interested. Or you could try emulation on a pc.

http://retrorgb.com/upscalers.html

OG hardware usually looks terrible on modern displays unless you use an external scaler, but if you have a crt(old tube tv) lying around use that. Sucks that disk is not BC

This site has a bunch of info on retro stuff if you're interested. Or you could try emulation on a pc.

I threw out a great old crt a couple years ago, really wishing i had kept it now and have all my old school consoles hooked up to it.

I want to build a sit down arcade console for the game room like they used to have in pizza places etc.

Something like this

https://arcadeclassics.net/?gclid=C...ezXLsXN5gTLsqEJN9guitqmBnwEtfGRxoCbHEQAvD_BwE

I need to look into the upscalers. But damn some are 10-20.00 and some are 4-500.00??

That seems like a humongous spread in pricing!!

With an upscaler I could take an old 20” monitor I habe lying around and put it into a table top cabinet with my Atari, master system,genisis (cd+32x) in there and be set!!

I need to look into the upscalers. But damn some are 10-20.00 and some are 4-500.00??

That seems like a humongous spread in pricing!!

With an upscaler I could take an old 20” monitor I habe lying around and put it into a table top cabinet with my Atari, master system,genisis (cd+32x) in there and be set!!
Stay away from the Framemeister it was the best for a long time but it's overpriced as fuck, best is the OSSC imo dont know about the super cheap ones.

Better with the sound bites from the original but the music still isn’t as good as streets of rage 2

The themes from Streets of Rage REMAKE were really good. Not saying they were better than the originals, but they did a great job.

I want a River City Ransom remake. Those Frat Boys need to be taken out with my Dragon Kick for kidnapping my girlfriend. Just another day in highschool.

River City Ransom Underground was released a while back.

Hopefully they have more than just 2 characters. I don't expect them to put in 18 characters like the folks who did SoRR did, but 4 at least.

I'll be happy as long as one of them is Max Thunder. I doubt this game will be as good as SoRR, but I'm still buying it.

I want a River City Ransom remake. Those Frat Boys need to be taken out with my Dragon Kick for kidnapping my girlfriend. Just another day in highschool.

There's been a bunch of River City/Kunio Kun games since the nes one.

For actual remakes there's been at least 2 and also the pretty sweet sort of sequel Underground as mentioned.

Those Yakuza games are just River City Ransom with long, stupid cut-scenes.

Love Streets of Rage but I'm not digging the art style. It doesn't feel like Streets of Rage at all. There are way too many games that copied that art style lately and this just blends in with the rest.

I think Streets of Rage remake did it correctly. If you are going to do retro, do pixel art and make it consistent with the rest of the series.

I threw out a great old crt a couple years ago, really wishing i had kept it now and have all my old school consoles hooked up to it.

Insanity.

CRT TVs are almost mandatory for Super Smash Bros. Melee and Capcom vs. SNK 2.

When you say that you threw your CRT out, do you mean that you put it on the side of the road?

If so, that decision was even more psychotic. You should have given it to me.

At the very least, you could have donated your CRT to The Salvation Army.

We need a NARC reboot. You deal drugs in my town, im exploding you into random body parts. Pretty much sums it up

Blaze lookin' TST. Hope she doesn't get censored.

DLC micro transactions

Or maybe you have to go save them to unlock later in the game
I'm completely fine with unlocking additional characters. DLC, maybe not from the guys at DotEmu. If this was done by the Sega in-house guys, yeah it would probably have day one DLC.

I'll be happy as long as one of them is Max Thunder. I doubt this game will be as good as SoRR, but I'm still buying it.
Max and Skate, definitely.... Although a lot of people have been screaming for Adam online, and I wouldn't mind him either.

Just more than 2 characters, please.

played it alot as a kid but im not much for going back to old games/remakes

Back