STREET FIGHTER V-v6:CE - 2020 Summer Update. Dan, Oro, Rose, Akira and ??? Join the cast.

Man the salt was live tonight. I probably got 3 hate mail messages.

Anyways, here’s some more leaks:

Hate mail messages? Is this something that's pretty common while playing on the PS4? I can't even think how fucking stupid it is express your discontent to an opponent post match after getting your ass whipped. These idiots really need a lesson in humility.

About damn time. At least I hit my goal of Plat by the end of the year. It's been quite the journey using 3 different characters but its been fun. I've been playing this game since launch and even though it's made me rage more than once, I still enjoy playing it. Next up, Super Plat.

Never give up on your dreamz!

View attachment 478995

Great job, buddy. I knew you could do it.

Hate mail messages? Is this something that's pretty common while playing on the PS4? I can't even think how fucking stupid it is express your discontent to an opponent post match after getting your ass whipped. These idiots really need a lesson in humility.

I get a message from this guy every time we play like clockwork. Some people just can’t handle a loss or at least can’t admit to themselves they have things to work on. One thing I learned in wrestling is that excuses will never make you better.

Attachments

• 24D3D032-368D-4FD1-9E43-EABB1AFF50F0.jpeg
    24D3D032-368D-4FD1-9E43-EABB1AFF50F0.jpeg
    130.3 KB · Views: 12
Made Plat on PS4 today. For some reason I found it to be significantly harder than PC. My guess is that the PS4 players turn off cross-play. I never set my connection to 4-5 only to 5. Problem is you can run into the same people a few times which is ok because you can get revenge if you lose. Today I played a really solid Plat Gief who whooped me up the first set but I started to figure out what he was doing and ended up going 2-1 Best of 3’s with him.

One thing that Pnoy taught me this weekend is to know your different meatys for 3 frame and 4 frame characters. At a high level it’s extremely important to know your best options against those.

I get a message from this guy every time we play like clockwork. Some people just can’t handle a loss or at least can’t admit to themselves they have things to work on. One thing I learned in wrestling is that excuses will never make you better.

It's the power of anonymity that allow these punk ass motherfuckers to run their mouths but a majority, if not all of them won't have the guts to say that in person.

It's the power of anonymity that allow these punk ass motherfuckers to run their mouths but a majority, if not all of them won't have the guts to say that in person.

Yea, especially in fighting games due to the 1v1 nature of them. I think it’s funny but some people take it way too seriously. Why let a game stress you out that much?

Yea, especially in fighting games due to the 1v1 nature of them. I think it’s funny but some people take it way too seriously. Why let a game stress you out that much?

Beats me. I play SFV to relieve my stress. I don't think I've ever been genuinely angry while playing, except maybe when some bitch ass motherfucker rage quits on me to deny me a Perfect KO. I really don't get too emotional while playing; I save the anger for the gym.

Beats me. I play SFV to relieve my stress. I don't think I've ever been genuinely angry while playing, except maybe when some bitch ass motherfucker rage quits on me to deny me a Perfect KO. I really don't get too emotional while playing; I save the anger for the gym.

That’s funny because I try to use it as a stress reliever myself but the game is so hectic that I find myself more amped up after playing than I was before I started lol. One of the complaints I often read from pros on twitter is that the game itself is very stressful. It’s hard to pin-point the exact reason why but if I could guess its because of the strong comeback V-Triggers that some characters have and the incredibly safe CC’s. Urien S2 has been replaced with Akuma this season. His cr.hp is just stupid. You can spam that move with zero consequence and it can easily lead to the end of the round.

Man the salt was live tonight. I probably got 3 hate mail messages.

Anyways, here’s some more leaks:

A strong grappler you say

giphy.gif

Also ...it's 2018, let's release all fighting games on all systems and get cross play

I was thinking, since Adon likes to trash talk and is a Muay Thai fighter, that they should reinvent him as a Conar Mcgregor inspired character. Put a Jaguar tattoo on his chest, give him MMA gloves, MMA shorts, a fur coat with sunglasses, and a red beard. That would sell like hot cakes.

Dear Capcom:

Eat shit. Stop releasing these updates if they're not going to significantly change the game play nor fix the myriads of bugs and imbalance issues that this game has been plagued with since day 1. I, for one, could not give a decomposing roadkill skunk's asshole for the costumes, missions, and other worthless DLC's that you keep shoving down our throat.
Look, I didn't care when you milked the SF2 franchise for all its worth with the cornucopia of updates e.g. Super Street Fighter II Turbo ' Champion Edition back in the 90's because I didn't have to pay for said updates at the arcade like a goddamn subscription charge, but this asshattery needs to stop. Now. Also, fuck you, Bethesda and your thieving ways.
Shit like this is only making me more disillusioned in the state of video games of today, and I think it will ultimately lead to another crash in the video game industry a la the Video Game Crash of '83. Nope, I wasn't alive at the time of the previous crash, but I do have an inkling of the sheer amount of greed and narcissism those dumbfucks at Atari had that eventually led them to their well-deserved demise. Cause Jebus knows how many more goddamn clones of Call of Duty this world needs like the scores of Pong/Space Invader clones we needed in the past. Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Sincerely Yours,
Thunderhead

P. S.
Eat shit.

Last edited:
I'm not too bothered by this change since my understanding is we can disable it (I haven't logged into the game yet), but I can see why it's getting under people's skin. It's just one more thing to add to the list of PR screwups Capcom has had with SFV, which is a shame because I like the game fine right now.

I think the idea of playing ads to fund fight money also would have gone over better if they'd introduced it prior to us already sitting through 2 seasons of DLC. I guess I'll see how much the bonus is; maybe I'll finally pick up the other cast members. The only DLC characters I have are Juri, Menat, Akuma, Cody, and Sagat.

It's not really a big deal for me though because you can watch your replays with frame data enabled, so you can already see what your opponent did that was unsafe without having to unlock their character to use in training mode.

Lol it's like 12 fight money a match? Fuck that.

Lol it's like 12 fight money a match? Fuck that.

The ads look tacky as shit on the costumes. If these idiots knew any better, they would have put the ads in the background of the stages e.g. on a billboard or on a building like Time Square. At least it'll maintain the realism of the aesthetics unlike these dumb ads that look like cheap sew-on patches.

The ads look tacky as shit on the costumes. If these idiots knew any better, they would have put the ads in the background of the stages e.g. on a billboard or on a building like Time Square. At least it'll maintain the realism of the aesthetics unlike these dumb ads that look like cheap sew-on patches.
Yeah the idea itself is something I could live with if it was implemented better (at least so long as it remains optional).

Just another fine example of Capcom’s poor business decisions. It’s amazing that they are just one big blunder after another, especially with the success of Monster Hunter. I know they’re two different departments, but they’re a downstream of one large business. At the end of the day, Capcom’s name is on SFV. Why their business development team didn’t benchmark other eSports marketing best practices is beyond me. They had a whole year to come up with something meaningful (like @Thunderhead’s examples) and didn’t. This reeks of something that was slapped together in a week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back