STREET FIGHTER V-v6:CE - 2020 Summer Update. Dan, Oro, Rose, Akira and ??? Join the cast.

I like it out here. I live in an isolated gated community by the Baja coast along the "cuota", which is the scenic route highway (similar to the PCH in CA, except it's not free and you have to pay the toll every 30-40 km or so). If you're familiar with Ensenada then I'm sure you're already familiar with this highway. There's certainly pros and cons of living in Baja California as a gringo (despite my "chino" features, Mexicans automatically identify me as a gringo due to my behavior). As a non-hispanic dude who grew up in Los Angeles and Orange County with lots of hispanic friends, I still had to go through the hurdle of getting used to the different culture and customs of Mexico. Despite that, I was able to pick up Spanish in Mexico quicker than I was able to in my old Puerto Rican neighborhood of Queens, NYC or Mexican neighborhood of LA. It was uncomfortable at first to live in a foreign area where I barely spoke a few words in Spanish at first, but I embrace discomfort anyways - I like to live life with challenges. As far as cons go, power and water shortages are frequent in my area and the internet (Infinitum, a subsidiary of Telmex/Telnor) sucks major balls. But then again, the bills are pennies compared to those in the US. Furthermore, most of the roads here are shit and in dire need of repairs - there's potholes everywhere and some of the streets are not paved at all, including the ones in my community. And the pinches topes (fucking speed bumps) are too tall and bumpy and get on my nerves every time I approach them.

Ensenada is a beautiful place and to be frank, I would have lived out there if it weren't for the distance to the border. It's about an hour and a half to the San Diego border whereas it takes 30-40 minutes to get there from where I am.

And on a different note, I just made Ultra Gold today:

dyoQzqa.jpg
Awesome on making ultra gold!

I have no issues in Mexico , I have worked all over Mexico and South America (Peru, Argentina, Brazil, equador and Mexico mainly. )

My dad has lived In Mexico for about 20 years(last 7-8 in Ensenada , I’ve been there a dozen times for 2-3 weeks at a time), before Ensenada we lived in Colima , and I’ve been everywhere from Villahermosa south to Veracruz and all the way west.

As far as roads go we do mining exploration and I have a lifted bronco there with a lowrance gps with the Baja chip to keep from getting lost, not worried about that.

Just saw it was a newish gated community closer to San Diego (we have an apartment there too, but the house is in Ensenada, and commuting is frequent when there, Normally stay a day or two atleast , Not many times drive up there and back but sometimes on same day.

If it looks like I’m gonna move I’ll pm you for some more specifics. Thanks.

Awesome on making ultra gold!

I have no issues in Mexico , I have worked all over Mexico and South America (Peru, Argentina, Brazil, equador and Mexico mainly. )

My dad has lived In Mexico for about 20 years(last 7-8 in Ensenada , I’ve been there a dozen times for 2-3 weeks at a time), before Ensenada we lived in Colima , and I’ve been everywhere from Villahermosa south to Veracruz and all the way west.

As far as roads go we do mining exploration and I have a lifted bronco there with a lowrance gps with the Baja chip to keep from getting lost, not worried about that.

Just saw it was a newish gated community closer to San Diego (we have an apartment there too, but the house is in Ensenada, and commuting is frequent when there, Normally stay a day or two atleast , Not many times drive up there and back but sometimes on same day.

If it looks like I’m gonna move I’ll pm you for some more specifics. Thanks.

Sure thing. Shoot me any questions my way any time.

Congrats @Thunderhead, well done.

So SCR was a blast and a really cool experience for my first major. It’s interesting to play people you don’t know and it’s not as nearly as awkward as I thought it was going to be. I played some pretty high level people but none of the pros. Going to the local helped out because it’s different playing when you cant hear anything as opposed to having your headphones on. So you really have to learn to play without any of the background noise.

I almost bought an another arcade stick from one of the vendors. They had some really amazing work, but I don’t want to end up with 10 sticks when i only use my TE2+. I won’t make it to this weeks local nor will I be setting up a battle lounge because I’ll be out of town. If TGS is this weekend, hopefully we get something coming through in way of a SFV Reveal for something. I’ve been hearing more and more cenimatic story talk, but who knows, its a crap shoot.

Congrats @Thunderhead, well done.

So SCR was a blast and a really cool experience for my first major. It’s interesting to play people you don’t know and it’s not as nearly as awkward as I thought it was going to be. I played some pretty high level people but none of the pros. Going to the local helped out because it’s different playing when you cant hear anything as opposed to having your headphones on. So you really have to learn to play without any of the background noise.

I almost bought an another arcade stick from one of the vendors. They had some really amazing work, but I don’t want to end up with 10 sticks when i only use my TE2+. I won’t make it to this weeks local nor will I be setting up a battle lounge because I’ll be out of town. If TGS is this weekend, hopefully we get something coming through in way of a SFV Reveal for something. I’ve been hearing more and more cenimatic story talk, but who knows, its a crap shoot.

Yeah, I learned a lot from watching higher ranked Ed players on YouTube, but 1000x more from actually playing against other Eds, including the lower ranked ones.

Which stick did you buy and how many fighting sticks do you own? I have 3 at the moment, 2 of which are serviceable and the other one is gutted out and in need of modifications. If you remember, I bought a Hori Hayabusa not too long ago, and while I do like the wide layout of the stick, I'm not too fond of the stock Hayabusa joystick. The buttons are OK, though. I prefer the shorter throw of the Seimitsu LS-56 with the octagonal gate and the stock Sanwa buttons on my TES Chun Li edition stick. I'll probably switch the Sanwa buttons for the Seimitsus someday.

Yeah, I learned a lot from watching higher ranked Ed players on YouTube, but 1000x more from actually playing against other Eds, including the lower ranked ones.

Which stick did you buy and how many fighting sticks do you own? I have 3 at the moment, 2 of which are serviceable and the other one is gutted out and in need of modifications. If you remember, I bought a Hori Hayabusa not too long ago, and while I do like the wide layout of the stick, I'm not too fond of the stock Hayabusa joystick. The buttons are OK, though. I prefer the shorter throw of the Seimitsu LS-56 with the octagonal gate and the stock Sanwa buttons on my TES Chun Li edition stick. I'll probably switch the Sanwa buttons for the Seimitsus someday.

I have 3 total (RAP4, TE2+ and a Panthera). The TE2+ is my favorite, I feel it’s much more fluid to use compared to the other two. I was basically talked out of picking up a custom made stick from Arcade Shock from the SD guys. They made a good point saying that eventually I’ll have all of these sticks but only use one and I kind of agreed. I have enough at the moment and I can always send in my RAP4 and have it modded for cheaper than I can buy a new one (their modded retail was $175). There’s TTF this weekend, FYI.

Some news dropped about Infiltration being accused of Domestic Violence. I’m not going to post the story here because nothing has been confirmed and the guy who made the reddit thread has a suspect reddit handle that would make it hard to believe. However, Korean speaking people in the thread basically confirmed what he was saying.

If this is true, I’d imagine his fighting game career is all but finished. I don’t think the FGC lets this stuff slide which they shouldn’t. I had no idea he got divorced. I thought the guy just recently married in 2017/18?

I have 3 total (RAP4, TE2+ and a Panthera). The TE2+ is my favorite, I feel it’s much more fluid to use compared to the other two. I was basically talked out of picking up a custom made stick from Arcade Shock from the SD guys. They made a good point saying that eventually I’ll have all of these sticks but only use one and I kind of agreed. I have enough at the moment and I can always send in my RAP4 and have it modded for cheaper than I can buy a new one (their modded retail was $175). There’s TTF this weekend, FYI.

Some news dropped about Infiltration being accused of Domestic Violence. I’m not going to post the story here because nothing has been confirmed and the guy who made the reddit thread has a suspect reddit handle that would make it hard to believe. However, Korean speaking people in the thread basically confirmed what he was saying.

If this is true, I’d imagine his fighting game career is all but finished. I don’t think the FGC lets this stuff slide which they shouldn’t. I had no idea he got divorced. I thought the guy just recently married in 2017/18?

The TE2+ is amazing. I love that it's easy to mod without a screwdriver or soldering iron. Unfortunately, that's the one that I gutted out for modifications due to my procrastinating ways, it's somewhere in my mom's garage on the other side of the border, collecting dust as I speak.

The RAP4 is a classic and a stick I was dying to find in stock when SFIV just came out. The only stick available was Hori's miniature version of it, which I modded with Seimitsu parts and a used Xbox 360 controller. I regret selling that stick.

The Razer Panthera looks slick with the LED lighting and all. I was so close to buying that stick, but it was hard to justify shelling out an extra 50 bucks for the extra bells and whistles, so I settled for a Hori Hayabusa instead. I don't know, if I wanted to buy another stick with a higher end quality, I'd like to buy a Qanba Obsidian. The red and black color scheme looks really tight.

So Infiltration is accused of domestic violence... Kind of shocking to see such a mild mannered guy (as opposed to a wild motherfucker like Poongko) be accused of such deplorable actions, but as a guy who's witnessed domestic violence in a Korean household myself in my traumatic youth, I can't really say that I'm surprised either. I'm not fond of stereotypes, but most Korean men have the reputation of being violent and hot-tempered. A lot of it has to do with the history of Korea in general...but that's a subject that I won't go into right now and have discussed plenty of times in the War Room.

I've had my share of raging asshole moments, but at least I'm proud of the fact that I've never laid a hand on my gfs nor subject them to emotional/psychological abuse. If the accusations are true, then fuck that guy. I'll celebrate the guy as a SF champion, but not as a human being.

I don't know yet if I can make it to TFF this weekend. I'm deeply mired in work and some projects right now. I'll lyk probably at the minute if I can free up my schedule. Thanks.

Power went out again. I have to take my work to a cafe with wifi. Like I said, living in Mexico has its ups and downs...

Last edited:
The TE2+ is amazing. I love that it's easy to mod without a screwdriver or soldering iron. Unfortunately, that's the one that I gutted out for modifications due to my procrastinating ways, it's somewhere in my mom's garage on the other side of the border, collecting dust as I speak.

The RAP4 is a classic and a stick I was dying to find in stock when SFIV just came out. The only stick available was Hori's miniature version of it, which I modded with Seimitsu parts and a used Xbox 360 controller. I regret selling that stick.

The Razer Panthera looks slick with the LED lighting and all. I was so close to buying that stick, but it was hard to justify shelling out an extra 50 bucks for the extra bells and whistles, so I settled for a Hori Hayabusa instead. I don't know, if I wanted to buy another stick with a higher end quality, I'd like to buy a Qanba Obsidian. The red and black color scheme looks really tight.

So Infiltration is accused of domestic violence... Kind of shocking to see such a mild mannered guy (as opposed to a wild motherfucker like Poongko) be accused of such deplorable actions, but as a guy who's witnessed domestic violence in a Korean household myself in my traumatic youth, I can't really say that I'm surprised either. I'm not fond of stereotypes, but most Korean men have the reputation of being violent and hot-tempered. A lot of it has to do with the history of Korea in general...but that's a subject that I won't go into right now and have discussed plenty of times in the War Room.

I've had my share of raging asshole moments, but at least I'm proud of the fact that I've never laid a hand on my gfs nor subject them to emotional/psychological abuse. If the accusations are true, then fuck that guy. I'll celebrate the guy as a SF champion, but not as a human being.

I don't know yet if I can make it to TFF this weekend. I'm deeply mired in work and some projects right now. I'll lyk probably at the minute if I can free up my schedule. Thanks.

Power went out again. I have to take my work to a cafe with wifi. Like I said, living in Mexico has its ups and downs...

Honestly, the TE2+ is the best out of the bunch. I tried the new Victrix stick at SCR and loved the feel of it, but the price tag on it was insane. I think it was $399. No way I’d pay for a stick that expensive when I have my TE2 that plays and feels just as good. I live in a 1bdr apartment with my GF, so when I get a house and turn a room into mine, I’ll probably collect sticks at some point. I just have no room for them right now, but I do really like them. I am thinking about getting a tiny arcade stick for my travel next year. I’ll be gone 26 weeks out of the year on business, 2 weeks at a time. There’s a new level that you can pop off the ball top that I might get as well.

Coming from Irish ethnicity I know how it feels to get hot headed. I can get stubborn as hell and have a really quick temper flair up if something upsets me. That said, I don’t ever get physical. Never have, never will. In fact, I’ve never started a physical fight in my life with any gender and I’ve had some messed up stuff happen to me from both. Like really jacked things. One thing I’m learning to do, which is hard, is I’m trying to remove emotion. It’s easy to get caught up and start seeing red and not even know you’re going nuts, but the better you get at recognizing it early the higher the chance you can stop and clear your head.

From reading the reddit threads, some of the people in there also said that DA was fairly common in Korea and that men are heavily biased during the court proceedings. That’s really unfortunate, but at least they don’t make women dress up in garb from head to toe. Hopefully the DA culture there finds a way to start mellowing out.

I won’t be at TTF this weekend, I’ll be in Alabama for work. I think the host hinted at a Saturday (day time) tournament in October, but not 100% sure. Usually when those happen a lot of people drive down from LA as it’s almost San Diego’s primers tournament lol. They used to have one at SDSU but that was more college kids and not actual players. I’ll be there next weekend though.

This looks kind of neat. I’m always down to make someone bow to their Sensei!

Receive a free stage, build a community, and channel your inner interior designer when the doors to your own personal dojo open on September 25!

In need of a community to join? Want to only play against casuals? Dojos are a new browser feature that will bring a vast amount of possibilities to improve your creativity and ability to meet like-minded individuals. Whether you’re looking for players who main the same character, players in the same country, or even players who want to talk about how much Chun-Li likes candy, you can create or find any dojo to your liking. Let’s start with the most exciting part of dojos: the free stage!

FREE DOJO STAGE

Every player who syncs their account on the official Shadaloo C.R.I. website and joins a dojo will receive the Dojo stage for free! This meditative stage reflects the look of a traditional dojo with an open area, wooden accents, and rays of light shining through. Although seemingly simple, the Dojo stage is unique in that it can be customized to fit your personal aesthetic.

If you’re unfamiliar with Shadaloo C.R.I., it’s an official source of information updated by the development team! You can discover lore about all your favorite characters in the Street Fighter universe, watch developer matches, get insight on character usage, see the current challenges for Extra Battle Mode, and much more!

VISIT SHADALOO C.R.I.

CUSTOMIZE YOUR DOJO STAGE

Once you have synced your account on Shadaloo C.R.I. and have joined a dojo, you’ll have access to your dojo menu where you can customize your personal stage. Once in the “Customize Dojo” menu, you’ll see the current representation of your dojo at the top and the available objects you can use to decorate beneath it. There are a large variety of objects that can be obtained such as vehicles, instruments, sports items, plants, statues, and much more! Show everyone a glimpse into your interests, decorate based on feng shui, or create your own tropical retreat. Your stage, your way!

Upon seeing an object you want to place in your Dojo stage, simply click on it and place it in one of the available spaces. Some objects take up more room than others - a cable car is much larger than a vase – so careful planning is a must. You can also rearrange your objects without having to remove them first by going into “My Settings.” If you decide you want to completely wipe your Dojo stage and start fresh, there is an option to “Remove All” on the upper left of the screen – quickly turn that tropical retreat into a sports club!

You can obtain Dojo stage items in numerous ways, but most of them have specific unlock requirements, such as ranking high in the Dojo Rankings (explained below) or getting them through a separate set of readings in Fighting Chance. It’s important to note that Dojo Fighting Chance readings are completely separate from the readings that offer costumes, colors, and art work, but can still be opened up in Menat’s shop.

All that’s left to do is to show off your Dojo stage to your friends and family at home, or by playing online. We can’t wait to see how creative the community is!

CREATING AND MANAGING A DOJO

Dojos act as community hubs where the Grand Master is the leader. The person who creates the dojo will immediately be assigned as the Grand Master, but can then hand the title over to another member if they do not wish to be the leader. Upon creation, the Grand Master can name the dojo, set the dojo emblem, write an introductory blurb about the dojo, set maximum number of members, who can approve a member application, and even create a flyer of sorts to attract members.

If you’re looking for a dojo to join, you can search for them under a player’s Fighter ID, the dojo ID, or other conditions. You can only apply for one dojo at a time, but have the ability to cancel your application if need be. However, you’ll need to wait five minutes after cancelling an application to apply for another.

After joining a dojo, you can then view a list of dojo members, the dojo rankings, favorite characters, and profiles of other members. You can even add a comment to your dojo profile to let others know who you are, your personal goals, or random facts about yourself. It’s a great way to get to know your fellow members!

Your dojo can also be linked to your Twitter account, making communication that much easier!

DOJO RANKINGS

In the main dojo menu, you can visit “Member Ranking” to see how all members stand in the dojo. Every member will automatically have points applied to them upon playing Arcade, Survival, Extra Battle, Ranked Match, Casual Match, and Battle Lounge – the more you play, the more points you’ll get. Although you will be able to see which member contributes the most, in the end, every point obtained will factor into the larger dojo rankings where all dojos are displayed on a leaderboard. If your dojo ends each month as one of the top ranks, everyone in that dojo will receive a special decorative object to show off, so work together because every point counts! Dojo rankings can be viewed at any time and go as far as the 10,000thdojo and will begin in October 2018.

Build your dojo, grow your community, show some personal flair, and become the best dojo in the world. Dojos are coming to Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition on September 25, 2018!

Last edited:
Playing on pad really beats up my thumb. I went to play today but decided against it and just briefly screwed around in training mode with Cammy instead. I actually forgot how much faster her buttons feel, and one benefit to grinding out Sagat is that now I can actually hit some of her combos that always gave me trouble before. I could never get her cr. mp > dp to come out, and now I was just able to hit it like 75% of the time. I also only screwed a couple of dive kicks, although I have a feeling I wouldn't do nearly so well in a match.

I understand why they wouldn't want to give Sagat buttons that are as fast as hers, but it would be nice if at least standing medium kick was the same speed. He could really use one great poke. Guile's st. mk is actually one frame faster than Cammy's.

Honestly, the TE2+ is the best out of the bunch. I tried the new Victrix stick at SCR and loved the feel of it, but the price tag on it was insane. I think it was $399. No way I’d pay for a stick that expensive when I have my TE2 that plays and feels just as good. I live in a 1bdr apartment with my GF, so when I get a house and turn a room into mine, I’ll probably collect sticks at some point. I just have no room for them right now, but I do really like them. I am thinking about getting a tiny arcade stick for my travel next year. I’ll be gone 26 weeks out of the year on business, 2 weeks at a time. There’s a new level that you can pop off the ball top that I might get as well.

Coming from Irish ethnicity I know how it feels to get hot headed. I can get stubborn as hell and have a really quick temper flair up if something upsets me. That said, I don’t ever get physical. Never have, never will. In fact, I’ve never started a physical fight in my life with any gender and I’ve had some messed up stuff happen to me from both. Like really jacked things. One thing I’m learning to do, which is hard, is I’m trying to remove emotion. It’s easy to get caught up and start seeing red and not even know you’re going nuts, but the better you get at recognizing it early the higher the chance you can stop and clear your head.

From reading the reddit threads, some of the people in there also said that DA was fairly common in Korea and that men are heavily biased during the court proceedings. That’s really unfortunate, but at least they don’t make women dress up in garb from head to toe. Hopefully the DA culture there finds a way to start mellowing out.

I won’t be at TTF this weekend, I’ll be in Alabama for work. I think the host hinted at a Saturday (day time) tournament in October, but not 100% sure. Usually when those happen a lot of people drive down from LA as it’s almost San Diego’s primers tournament lol. They used to have one at SDSU but that was more college kids and not actual players. I’ll be there next weekend though.

400 bucks for a stick is too damn much for me. If it comes with customizable sticks and buttons then there's a distant possibility that I'd buy it just to see what's like, otherwise if it comes with stock joysticks and buttons that I'm going to mod out anyway, then no way José, there's no point in spending 400 plus 100 bucks for a fully customized stick.

Ireland and Korea are two small countries that share a common theme when it comes to fucked up histories: both countries were occupied and bullied by their much larger and stronger neighbors (UK and Japan respectively), went through terrible wars, and their countrymen were treated as second class citizens and heavily discriminated. Not to mention, Koreans has one of the highest mortality rate in Asia, if not the highest, from alcoholic abuse. An Irish friend of mine once said the Koreans are the Irish of Asia. That's a perfect analogy to put it in a nutshell.

Yeah, the reason DV is prevalent in Korea has a lot to do with its history and culture. Military service is mandatory for all able-bodied young male, regardless of social class, and it's really fucked up what they go through. My dad told me that beatings and hazing were common in the military, come to think of it, corporal punishment is still allowed, if not encouraged for kids. South Korea, despite its economical and technological advancements over the years and status as a first world country, still has a third world mentality and culture. In essence, the male machismo culture is not too different from that of Mexico either. Most of my friends have also told me that they've witnessed their share of DV and were beaten in their youths.

I said I didn't want to get into the historical aspect, of the situation, but I couldn't help it; history is a fascinating subject and I love to read and discuss about it from time to time.

Have fun in Alabama and stay safe in your travels.

Power's back on. I must finish up my assignments...

Playing on pad really beats up my thumb. I went to play today but decided against it and just briefly screwed around in training mode with Cammy instead. I actually forgot how much faster her buttons feel, and one benefit to grinding out Sagat is that now I can actually hit some of her combos that always gave me trouble before. I could never get her cr. mp > dp to come out, and now I was just able to hit it like 75% of the time. I also only screwed a couple of dive kicks, although I have a feeling I wouldn't do nearly so well in a match.

I understand why they wouldn't want to give Sagat buttons that are as fast as hers, but it would be nice if at least standing medium kick was the same speed. He could really use one great poke. Guile's st. mk is actually one frame faster than Cammy's.

You sadist. I don't understand how game pad players make it in the competition scene. The last time I played with a game pad was back when I played SF2 on my SNES in my adoscelent years. My left thumb was blistered to hell.

Question, do you play with the d-pad or the thumb stick?

Last edited:
You sadist. I don't understand how game pad players make in the competition scene. The last time I played with a game pad was back when I played SF2 on my SNES in my adoscelent years. My left thumb was blistered to hell.

Question, do you play with the d-pad or the thumb stick?
I'm using a Hori Fight Commander, so no analog stick. My thumb is adequately calloused now; it's mostly joint pain. Still, it seems to be getting better and I think my execution has improved from trying to play on stick.

The only thing I miss about stick is being able to use all the fingers on my right hand to press buttons. I tried playing claw for a bit but that isn't for me. I don't have the dexterity.

I'm using a Hori Fight Commander, so no analog stick. My thumb is adequately calloused now; it's mostly joint pain. Still, it seems to be getting better and I think my execution has improved from trying to play on stick.

The only thing I miss about stick is being able to use all the fingers on my right hand to press buttons. I tried playing claw for a bit but that isn't for me. I don't have the dexterity.

For me, I feel like playing on a game pad will severely compromise my input speed due to my thumbs doing all the movements. Not to mention, executing an input, for example, a QCF QCF, is way too inconsistent on a game pad for me as opposed to a stick. But then again, it all depends on the player and technique.

But it's too limited for my liking. When I switched from a game pad to a stick (first I played with the bat top Happ sticks... Good times) it was like a breath of fresh air.

For me, I feel like playing on a game pad will severely compromise my input speed due to my thumbs doing all the movements. Not to mention, executing an input, for example, a QCF QCF, is way too inconsistent on a game pad for me as opposed to a stick. But then again, it all depends on the player and technique.

But it's too limited for my liking. When I switched from a game pad to a stick (first I played with the bat top Happ sticks... Good times) it was like a breath of fresh air.
It was like that at first, but I think my motions are on par now if not a little faster than before.

The big thing personally was getting dashes to come out consistently. I always seemed to hit a diagonal when trying to double tap forward or back, and actually timing a dash off a crush counter was always too slow. The dpad makes dashing trivial. And motions are a bit easier because I can feel exactly where my thumb is going. I never quite got the hang of letting the stick go back to neutral on its own, so I would get Cammy's hooligan to come out on accident if I was trying to punish with cr. Mp into drill after holding down back.

I also like how small/cheap pads are in comparison. I thought about Hitbox, but they're just as big as a stick and always seem to be on back order. Maybe if Hori or Qanba came out with one.

Aesthetically though, nothing beats a good looking fight stick.

It was like that at first, but I think my motions are on par now if not a little faster than before.

The big thing personally was getting dashes to come out consistently. I always seemed to hit a diagonal when trying to double tap forward or back, and actually timing a dash off a crush counter was always too slow. The dpad makes dashing trivial. And motions are a bit easier because I can feel exactly where my thumb is going. I never quite got the hang of letting the stick go back to neutral on its own, so I would get Cammy's hooligan to come out on accident if I was trying to punish with cr. Mp into drill after holding down back.

I also like how small/cheap pads are in comparison. I thought about Hitbox, but they're just as big as a stick and always seem to be on back order. Maybe if Hori or Qanba came out with one.

Aesthetically though, nothing beats a good looking fight stick.

Lol, those Hitboxes remind me of the days when I used play SFA3 and SF3III on my keyboard on GGPO. I used the WASD keys for direction and the numpad for the punches and kicks. It was terrible. I couldn't perform a proper Vism combo for the life of me because it was hard to connect an unbroken chain of fireballs, for example, with the keys.

Hmm...my bad, I meant the Qanba Dragon, not the Obsidian. It's 300 bucks:

Q5-03__51318.1481757354.jpg

This is the Obsidian:

Q3-05__83635.1482095720.jpg

Here's a list of the pros and cons of using a fight stick, gamepad, hitbox, and keyboard that I found from /r/StreetFighter on Reddit:

Here's how it works, this is true for all people with zero exceptions.

Hitbox:

• Pro: Deliberate execution - buttons for movement prevent frantic waggling and make the brain process movements more explicitly

• Pro: Easier complex inputs - Standing 720's, Tiger Knees, etc. are much easier on Hitbox, even DP's are much faster and more accurate

• Pro: Ergonomics - The Hitbox layout is better laid out for comfortable hand position unless you're some kind of mutant

• Con: Expensive - You have to build one (expensive) or buy one (more expensive than cheap sticks)

• Con: Unintuitive - "Up" on the bottom of the stick under your left thumb takes some getting used to, "down" being your middle finger in a parallel button will lead to missed crouch-blocks at first

• Con: You look dumb - everyone using a hitbox looks dumb, end of story no exceptions
Joystick:

• Pro: Visceral/Intuitive - You "feel" your movement, defense is more natural, down is down, back is back, etc. It's a more kinetic experience that maps more naturally to the brain.

• Pro: Variety - There's a layout for everyone and everyone has their preferred layout. More variety in stick types, tensions, button sensitivities, etc. More customization options, etc. More price variety, etc.

• Pro: You look cool - Sticks look the coolest, period. Everyone using a stick looks cool and your friends will think you look cool for using a stick. If you bust out a stick at an event, people will go "Wow, they're cool."

• Con: Compatibility - Most serious stick players have a few sticks for various systems/generations/etc.

• Con: Bulky - Lugging around a stick is a pain. You can't put it in your pocket and the lever makes putting it in a bag awkward.

• Con: Judgement - If you have a nice custom stick and suck at the game people will judge you.
Pad:

• Pro: Fast - Arguably the fastest input method just based on physics (lowest physical effort/tiniest movement)

• Pro: Tiny - You can put it in your girlfriend's purse (and by girlfriend's purse I mean your hoodie pocket because you don't have a girlfriend) Girls: you can put it in your purse or your boyfriend's hoodie pocket.

• Pro: Cheap - Cheap to try new pads, cheap to replace old ones, if it breaks throw it away and have your parents buy you a new one.

• Con: Low quality - Most DPads even on top-tier systems are dumb and stupid and dumb, that's why people still use PS1 controllers, etc.

• Con: Fatigue - Since you're using fewer muscles, more often, your thumbs will give out quicker than other control input methods

• Con: Imprecise - Watch input data in training mode on a pad, it's like someone fast-forwarding through credits at the end of a computer-animated movie

• Con: Stigma - No one wants to be a "fucking pad player" not even people who win tournaments with pads.
Keyboard:

• Dildo: Good enough to play by yourself at home, but useless and embarrassing to be seen in public using one.
Remember this list is 100% true and completely objective and applies to everyone regardless of what they will say to you.

400 bucks for a stick is too damn much for me. If it comes with customizable sticks and buttons then there's a distant possibility that I'd buy it just to see what's like, otherwise if it comes with stock joysticks and buttons that I'm going to mod out anyway, then no way José, there's no point in spending 400 plus 100 bucks for a fully customized stick.

Ireland and Korea are two small countries that share a common theme when it comes to fucked up histories: both countries were occupied and bullied by their much larger and stronger neighbors (UK and Japan respectively), went through terrible wars, and their countrymen were treated as second class citizens and heavily discriminated. Not to mention, Koreans has one of the highest mortality rate in Asia, if not the highest, from alcoholic abuse. An Irish friend of mine once said the Koreans are the Irish of Asia. That's a perfect analogy to put it in a nutshell.

Yeah, the reason DV is prevalent in Korea has a lot to do with its history and culture. Military service is mandatory for all able-bodied young male, regardless of social class, and it's really fucked up what they go through. My dad told me that beatings and hazing were common in the military, come to think of it, corporal punishment is still allowed, if not encouraged for kids. South Korea, despite its economical and technological advancements over the years and status as a first world country, still has a third world mentality and culture. In essence, the male machismo culture is not too different from that of Mexico either. Most of my friends have also told me that they've witnessed their share of DV and were beaten in their youths.

I said I didn't want to get into the historical aspect, of the situation, but I couldn't help it; history is a fascinating subject and I love to read and discuss about it from time to time.

Have fun in Alabama and stay safe in your travels.

Power's back on. I must finish up my assignments...

Thanks for the quick rundown, I appreciate it. Interesting to know the history and even though theyre a first world country, they still behave like they’re living in feudal times. I’m betting the mandatory military has something to do with it. I’d guess Americans might behave the same way if we were all forced to become marines for several years unfortunately.

More evidence was released today about infiltration. Someone posted the transcripts between his wife and him and if it’s official, it doesn’t look good. If it’s all true, I’m guessing he’ll receive a lifetime ban.

swami going to start a sherdog dojo?
we gotta get those points fam

I’ll set the one up for us Sherdoggers on the 25th.

I hope Menat never makes back into another SF game ever. She’s the absolute worst and seems like a 10-0 matchup against Cody. All he has to get in close is taking a chance on a low ruffian. If his Ex-Zonk has projectile Inv, it would be a little better, but she just sucks. His pipe should be able to send her orb flying back at her.

Back