STREET FIGHTER V-v6:CE - 2020 Summer Update. Dan, Oro, Rose, Akira and ??? Join the cast.

Have you watched YouTube videos of high level Cody players? If not, then do so right now. I've watched loads of DiabloDOC (a grandmaster Ed player) and I've incorporated a lot of his techs into my game. Needless to say, I was winning more matches from then on.

Yea, I’ve watched a ton and they all seem to play differently, but I think I’m picking some stuff up with him. His Pipe can be very tricky to use and although you can steal rounds, you still have to put in work. It definitely takes some practice.

You need an external hard drive. I have a 2TB drive and it’s worth it. I have a ton of games on mine.

That's on my list for sure. I removed some games already like TLOU which I love but rarely play online. RDR2 is supposed to be over 100gb!

Finally hit Ultra Gold last night with a 7 fight win streak. I started to really look at my gameplay and try a few new combo routes. One thing I implemented was Cody’s cr.lk into his st.lp target combo. I still find myself dashing into wake-up jab combos after a mk.ruffian knockdown. It’s so stupid because I know I don’t have Oki unless they do a delay rise and I have a frame kill in place. Something I’m not good at yet.

Had a good battle lounge with Joe and Gill last night through. Joe’s Mika is very strong.

Worked on Delay tech as well. Hitting the throw while blocking and timing it correctly is tricky!

That's on my list for sure. I removed some games already like TLOU which I love but rarely play online. RDR2 is supposed to be over 100gb!

I forget which one I have, but I think it was $80-100 for the 2TB drive and I’m not even close to filling it. Of course I don’t get every PS+ free game, but I have a fairly large library. It’s well worth it to keep all of your games ready to play.

I forget which one I have, but I think it was $80-100 for the 2TB drive and I’m not even close to filling it. Of course I don’t get every PS+ free game, but I have a fairly large library. It’s well worth it to keep all of your games ready to play.

Do you remember if it was Seagate or Western Digital?

Finally hit Ultra Gold last night with a 7 fight win streak. I started to really look at my gameplay and try a few new combo routes. One thing I implemented was Cody’s cr.lk into his st.lp target combo. I still find myself dashing into wake-up jab combos after a mk.ruffian knockdown. It’s so stupid because I know I don’t have Oki unless they do a delay rise and I have a frame kill in place. Something I’m not good at yet.

Had a good battle lounge with Joe and Gill last night through. Joe’s Mika is very strong.

Worked on Delay tech as well. Hitting the throw while blocking and timing it correctly is tricky!

Fucking Joe's Mika pressure game is out of this world. Dude scorched me bad and taught me so much about pressures. Plus she's one of two characters who can counter my psycho flicker directly with a CA.

Fucking Joe's Mika pressure game is out of this world. Dude scorched me bad and taught me so much about pressures. Plus she's one of two characters who can counter my psycho flicker directly with a CA.

Totally, very strong Mika. It was funny because Gill was handling his own with him during the Battle Lounge. Cody’s V-Skill nullifies her drop kick shenanigans, but her putting you in the corner is a RIP. The thing with her is knowing her 50/50 mixups. If you don’t know them you’re going to get command thrown or frame trapped left and right. If you catch her doing her drop kick to get in, you’re best option is to v-reversal it every time because it leads to a 50/50. If you end up getting hit with her drop kick, after her combo you can either back dash or neutral jump her command grab. But if you neutral jump she’ll have her AA that’ll lead to another 50/50 and if you back dash and she catches it she’ll hit you with her EX.

One thing I’ve noticed about playing him and watching other high level players if how good they are about keeping you in the corner. Joe is very good at walking you into the corner and keeping you there. It’s something I really want to focus on more.

Hey guys, running a Battle Lounge tonight from 5:30 to around 8:30pm PST. I’m setting it an hour later because I have to run a couple of errands. Hopefully you can make it out.

I'll be on, but only for a bit. Got to be up at 4:45 tomorrow.

Sorry I had to bail @Swing, I’m running late to something. Gg’s your Sagat is getting strong.

Sorry I had to bail @Swing, I’m running late to something. Gg’s your Sagat is getting strong.
No worries, man. I should go to bed anyway, and I appreciate the long set as always. You worked me over pretty bad some of those games. I was getting salty because of all those dropped combos. :mad: Still, I felt like I was figuring some things out and my anti-airs were okay until the end when you started jumping from closer in. I feel like I need to just expect the jump with him all the time. It always has to be on my mind regardless of whatever else the opponent is doing. I also think I hit exactly one shimmy, so that was cool. After you shimmied me a couple of times I kept looking to wake up with a crouching medium kick but every time I tried to do that you hit me with a meaty!

@SwamiLeoni Also, I don't know how it was on your end, but that was the most lag free lounge I've ever had with you. I don't think I noticed a single hiccup. Maybe it's because we were both on PC.

Not sure if posted.

It's very old, but a goodie.

@SwamiLeoni Also, I don't know how it was on your end, but that was the most lag free lounge I've ever had with you. I don't think I noticed a single hiccup. Maybe it's because we were both on PC.

I didn't know you played on PC as well. What's your Steam ID? Mines Thunderhead. My avatar is the same as the one here on SD.

I didn't know you played on PC as well. What's your Steam ID? Mines Thunderhead. My avatar is the same as the one here on SD.
My Steam ID is Bread Zeppelin, and CFN is Danswer.

Last edited:
Back