STREET FIGHTER V-v5: Arcade Edition - Battle Lounge 4/6 – Streamed on Twitch! 4:30PM PST!

Very nice. Looks like a lot of fun. XKira said Gill was in the game but who knows.

You gotta try him a few times at least. He has his old jab triple hit DP, damage, speed, and he can combo a jump kick into Raging Demon, lol. When he did it, I was thinking, "That doesn't combo...what the fuck it comboed!"

Wait a minute.

So there's challenges that cost fight money per attempt now? I don't like the sound of that, give me one price and infinite attempts please.

Wait a minute.

So there's challenges that cost fight money per attempt now? I don't like the sound of that, give me one price and infinite attempts please.

I hope not. It's just this one so far and all I got was a title. Hopefully, there's more soon besides the weekly challenges.

Holy fuck there's way too much pressure in that Shin Akuma extra battle. I have so little fight money, I don't want to waste it.

I'm not fucking around with this extra battle shit

Need my FM for characters

Im gonna try my best getting back into SF V. Played a bit of it at launch but just ended up going back to MK X and now Injustice 2. But AE looks really hype and all cant wait for 30th anniversary.

Whats different about Ken in AE. Any really noticeable changes i should be aware of?

For 3rd Strike? That's not an easy game to pick up...

but the more players, the better.

Last edited:
I'm not fucking around with this extra battle shit

Need my FM for characters

Yeah, I did it because I have the extra FM and I love beating "cheap" bosses, but it's pretty dumb to do it this way.

If you get the Viewtiful Joe costume which costs FM to be able to earn it (not nearly as hard as Akuma, but still) you do NOT get colors 3-10. Either use FM or do the shitty Survival mode.

So what about the players who just bought the game? There's not enough FM for them to even try the Extra Battle mode.
<{cruzshake}>

Yeah, I did it because I have the extra FM and I love beating "cheap" bosses, but it's pretty dumb to do it this way.

If you get the Viewtiful Joe costume which costs FM to be able to earn it (not nearly as hard as Akuma, but still) you do NOT get colors 3-10. Either use FM or do the shitty Survival mode.

So what about the players who just bought the game? There's not enough FM for them to even try the Extra Battle mode.
<{cruzshake}>

Yeah 2.5K FM per attempt per each mission (4 total to get the Costume) and you still don't even get the colors for them?

SFIV had it right for unlocking colors. You'd get them from using the character not from some stupid survival mode that isn't even enjoyable to play.

I'm not sure how I feel about Cammy's second V-trigger. Obviously I'm not really using it fully. I don't think I combo'd off the forward dash even once. I like the idea of having a mixup, but her V-trigger throw seems like it's a bit too easy to low profile. Makes sense though, because if I ever actually land that combo (it's not that hard, I just kept getting ex DP instead of drill or mistiming my fierce) it's her most damaging super combo. It does 513 damage, which is more than a full jump in corner combo into super.

I read some people saying she got nerfed. I don't think so; everything pretty much works like before with the exception of a little more push back on some of her buttons. She never had throw loops. Doesn't really change the way I play her. Back medium punch is maybe a little less effective as an anti-air, but whatever. Her heavy kick actually cover the air behind her now, so I should probably just switch to that button.

First impressions:

-Arcade mode is fun/interesting
-I didn't like the gold aesthetic initially but I'm coming around on it. It at least looks sleek and nice.
-Not sure how I feel on the FM changes yet. Beating Arcade mode with Ryu was fun but not getting FM for it felt strange. Got a good amount from doing Sakura's Story + Easy Survival so I think leveling them up is a decent way to gain FM.
-I like what they did with Sakura (Minus the whole having a job story line)
-Extra Battle seems like a total Sham
-I was hoping they would improve missions or change how much FM they earn but it seems like they basically stayed the same which is kind of uninteresting

Didn't have the opportunity to go online and test out Necalli/Rashid with their new changes. Hoping I can dive into that this weekend.

No but i know what it is. Never had the urge or time to go back and play some of the older fighting games.

Some of the classics have aged well. Especially 3rd Strike and ST. The older games weren't as forgiving as they are now like easier inputs for SF and MK not even using diagonals anymore, lol.

I'm not sure how I feel about Cammy's second V-trigger. Obviously I'm not really using it fully. I don't think I combo'd off the forward dash even once. I like the idea of having a mixup, but her V-trigger throw seems like it's a bit too easy to low profile. Makes sense though, because if I ever actually land that combo (it's not that hard, I just kept getting ex DP instead of drill or mistiming my fierce) it's her most damaging super combo. It does 513 damage, which is more than a full jump in corner combo into super.

I read some people saying she got nerfed. I don't think so; everything pretty much works like before with the exception of a little more push back on some of her buttons. She never had throw loops. Doesn't really change the way I play her. Back medium punch is maybe a little less effective as an anti-air, but whatever. Her heavy kick actually cover the air behind her now, so I should probably just switch to that button.

It seems to have some use cases. From the little Cammy’s I’ve watched they seem to use it up close against fireballs. It goes right over them and she gains a lot of combo potential off of it. We’ll have to see how more people use it.

Daigo is back on Ryu at the moment. Some good matches online with him using the eternal wanderer. So far, he seems to only be using VT1. My initial impressions of VT2 are kind of mixed. VT1 was so buffed and has so many better uses (better zoning, corner carry, stun, combo potential) compared to VT2 (defensive, can lead to huge damage) but you still need a hard read. I’m sure VT2 has it’s better matchups (Rashid / Laura?) but I feel the pros will be using VT1 more often than not, especially against grapplers.

I’m loving the new SFX that AE brings. The sounds are absolutely fantastic. Extra Battle seems really cool if they keep adding content. I highly doubt that Shin Akuma will be the only ‘Boss’ in the extra battle and that kind of makes it pretty neat. I’d expect we’ll see Gill at some point, maybe E. Ryu, Seth and an extra Final Fight boss (looking at you Sodom). I wouldn’t be surprised if Capcom added in a Final Fight Path in SFV:AE. Rumor is they’re adding in FF stages, but who knows at this point. I’ve never been a fan of survival and I don’t agree with the color situation, but I LOVE boss fights. I’m hoping they continue to add more of them to the Extra Battle.

One thing I’m a little upset about is that they didn’t add a regional filter for Battle Lounge. When I’m in 4 person battle lounge and 3 people are from N. America, you can almost instantly tell when someone from across the globe joined because the connection turns to garbage.

No but i know what it is. Never had the urge or time to go back and play some of the older fighting games.

It's free and worth checking out if you have a good PC. I've been enjoying playing SF3 and SamSho 2 matches.

I'm absolutely not ok with this spend fight money per attempt challenge mode.

Paid 1k... just to get 1 round with some hyper aggressive Akuma that starts with a super meter and combos into raging demon in the first 10 seconds.

Try again?

No... No I will not.

Just make it one price, infinite attempts. Capcom trying to bleed hard earned Fight Money out of people.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back