STREET FIGHTER V-v5: Arcade Edition - Battle Lounge 4/6 – Streamed on Twitch! 4:30PM PST!

Kolin is actually a pretty fun character... I wrote her off early because I felt she was a cheap adaptation to one of those shadoloo soldiers from story mode. Barely getting familiar with what she can do but had some success last night in casuals while leveling her up.

Beating up bronze level casuals is good for my confidence lol, I've never been higher than Super Bronze myself but I've been in casuals so long I probably don't belong there. It's a good place to learn new characters and hone your skill tho.

Yea I'm a bit hit and miss at making the 4:30pm battle lounge time... sometimes I get caught up until later in the evening.

Is there any way to locate / join that specific lounge? I basically have to harass someone for an invite.

I usually check almost after every round but myself and @Thunderhead did a couple of BT10’s. Just shoot me and invite and I’ll know you’re on and invite you.

Btw, I also find Kolin really fun. I’m terrible with her but she’s kind of neat.

I usually check almost after every round but myself and @Thunderhead did a couple of BT10’s. Just shoot me and invite and I’ll know you’re on and invite you.

Btw, I also find Kolin really fun. I’m terrible with her but she’s kind of neat.

Frustrating that the lounges work that way... I should be able to join or ask to join any lounge that has someone on my Capcom friends list is in.

I'm slowly turning a corner in this game, still a bum, but little things are coming together and I find myself winning matches I probably would have lost a month ago.

Frustrating that the lounges work that way... I should be able to join or ask to join any lounge that has someone on my Capcom friends list is in.

I'm slowly turning a corner in this game, still a bum, but little things are coming together and I find myself winning matches I probably would have lost a month ago.

To be honest I hate how the Battle Lounge works. They could add in so many different search settings with Region being the #1. They added in 3 different searches but there could be more. Why can't I search for Plat only? Kind of bugs me.

You should hit ranked and rack up those points. I always end up dropping by 1000+ on friday's because I get a little crazy after 6-7 beers and think I can take on the world. I come back to my computer to see I dropped all the way down to regular silver lol.

You should hit ranked and rack up those points. I always end up dropping by 1000+ on friday's because I get a little crazy after 6-7 beers and think I can take on the world. I come back to my computer to see I dropped all the way down to regular silver lol.

Lol... I'm considering it but I'm going to keep honing some skills and leveling up some low level characters for FM.

I'm not sure I've ever ever reached 1500LP... maybe back when the game first came out, definitely never reached Silver. But I do have designs on Gold, so once I finish off a couple more characters I'll hit ranked with Bison and see how far I go.

Think I'm sitting at 970 or so now haha.

And yea, 6-7 beers and I'd be fairly useless.

Lol... I'm considering it but I'm going to keep honing some skills and leveling up some low level characters for FM.

I'm not sure I've ever ever reached 1500LP... maybe back when the game first came out, definitely never reached Silver. But I do have designs on Gold, so once I finish off a couple more characters I'll hit ranked with Bison and see how far I go.

Think I'm sitting at 970 or so now haha.

And yea, 6-7 beers and I'd be fairly useless.

So you're sticking with Bison? Good choice. I've always liked him and he's pretty good in SFV. His 2nd VT is pretty crazy. I played a Bison last week and he smoked me with it. I just don't know the tricks to defending it. I wouldn't be surprised if he can tick straight into the move as well. Learning Bison should help you learn Rog and Guile.

So you're sticking with Bison? Good choice. I've always liked him and he's pretty good in SFV. His 2nd VT is pretty crazy. I played a Bison last week and he smoked me with it. I just don't know the tricks to defending it. I wouldn't be surprised if he can tick straight into the move as well. Learning Bison should help you learn Rog and Guile.

At least for the short term. I've only been playing with his 1st VT but I can see some potential with the 2nd... I just really like the dash with the first VT. I've been winning most my matches in casual, but half the time they are low ranked easy wins. I love the random match ups with some zero LP lv 40+ character that brutalizes me. That guy is just completely dedicated to casuals and battle lounges.

What are your guys win percentages online?

Seems if you're playing ranked, the game is designed to keep you around 50%.

What are your guys win percentages online?

Seems if you're playing ranked, the game is designed to keep you around 50%.

I’d have to check but I’m guessing a little under a .500

Looks like MvC:I got bumped from the EVO Top 8.

Kinda bumming because that community has been strong with UMvC3. I also like the matchups.

Turtle Gameplay tomorrow for IJ2. Should be interesting.

I’d have to check but I’m guessing a little under a .500

Looks like MvC:I got bumped from the EVO Top 8.

Kinda bumming because that community has been strong with UMvC3. I also like the matchups.

Turtle Gameplay tomorrow for IJ2. Should be interesting.

DBFZ is the REAL Marvel sequel. Sorry, but they deserve it.

pjbVcl5.gif

Btw, not sure if everyone is aware but Bafael does some pretty decent "How to play" videos on youtube.

I've watched them for Bison and Kolin, they go thru all the normals, Anti airs, BnBs and Specials but there's some good info on the basics of the character. Don't believe he's done one for every character but I'd say 15 or so.

They are also about a year old so maybe a little out of date, even though they've been fine for my level.

DBFZ is the REAL Marvel sequel. Sorry, but they deserve it.

pjbVcl5.gif

No doubt. Arcsys did a fantastic job with the game. I haven’t bought it yet, but it’s on my wish list. I just feel bad for the Marvel fans. They got blown out by 2 Nintendo games and 3 ArcSys games. The tag battle doesn’t even drop until later this year I believe. That’s kind of a dirty move IMO. Hopefully this is another wake-up call for Capcom to get their stuff together. That leaked PPT doesn’t mean a thing if their game isn’t featured as a top draw at tournaments. I thought I saw an announcement that the CEO of Capcom is now caring about their releases and will work hard to improve quality control.

Btw, not sure if everyone is aware but Bafael does some pretty decent "How to play" videos on youtube.

I've watched them for Bison and Kolin, they go thru all the normals, Anti airs, BnBs and Specials but there's some good info on the basics of the character. Don't believe he's done one for every character but I'd say 15 or so.

They are also about a year old so maybe a little out of date, even though they've been fine for my level.

Yes, he’s fantastic at character breakdowns. I always catch his videos when new changes drop. He’s trying too hard to get hired by Capcom though, it’s pretty funny. I used to follow his channel but he often floods it with a bunch of things I could care less about so I don’t anymore. But yea, he’s a great resource.

No doubt. Arcsys did a fantastic job with the game. I haven’t bought it yet, but it’s on my wish list. I just feel bad for the Marvel fans. They got blown out by 2 Nintendo games and 3 ArcSys games. The tag battle doesn’t even drop until later this year I believe. That’s kind of a dirty move IMO. Hopefully this is another wake-up call for Capcom to get their stuff together. That leaked PPT doesn’t mean a thing if their game isn’t featured as a top draw at tournaments. I thought I saw an announcement that the CEO of Capcom is now caring about their releases and will work hard to improve quality control.

It's really fun. Simple, but fun, like an easier version of Guilty Gear, but it has depth. It's the only fighter I've been playing lately besides Fcade.

I'm not celebrating it not being at Evo (it's just a video game after all), but if people really aren't playing it and players are making fun of it, what's the point of it being at Evo? There's no KOF 14 either, but at least it got in once.

It's really fun. Simple, but fun, like an easier version of Guilty Gear, but it has depth. It's the only fighter I've been playing lately besides Fcade.

I'm not celebrating it not being at Evo (it's just a video game after all), but if people really aren't playing it and players are making fun of it, what's the point of it being at Evo? There's no KOF 14 either, but at least it got in once.

Their subreddit is still pretty active. It's being made fun of because it deserves to be. But a game not even out that doesn't even have an established player base being in the top games? Come on, that's dirty. Why not just add the SNK girl fighting game? KOF got in last year, why not?

Their subreddit is still pretty active. It's being made fun of because it deserves to be. But a game not even out that doesn't even have an established player base being in the top games? Come on, that's dirty. Why not just add the SNK girl fighting game? KOF got in last year, why not?

Gotta leave room for Melee...

Wish KI made it this year. Game doesn't get enough love.

And when the fuck are we gonna move on from Melee. That game is old enough to drive.

They should just do a Retro Evo with Melee, Third Strike, MvC2, SCII, Tekken Tag, and VF

Wish KI made it this year. Game doesn't get enough love.

And when the fuck are we gonna move on from Melee. That game is old enough to drive.

Yea I’d MUCH rather have KI over those stupid smash games. I tried my best to sit through a Top 8 and couldn’t do it.

They should just do a Retro Evo with Melee, Third Strike, MvC2, SCII, Tekken Tag, and VF

That would be great if enough people played those. Cooperation Cup is always hype.

BTW, there was a recent tournament where both MVCI and MVC2 were played and MVC2 had twice as many views on twitch, lol.

Back