STREET FIGHTER V-v5: Arcade Edition - Battle Lounge 4/6 – Streamed on Twitch! 4:30PM PST!

What do you expect the season 3 character release schedule to look like? Next character due in March? One character every two months?

What do you expect the season 3 character release schedule to look like? Next character due in March? One character every two months?

Hopefully. They’ve messed it up each season. Hopefully we get a Blanka tease during Top 8, but my guess is that they’ll save that for Final Round.

I didn't see the matches, but Itazan, Kichipa, and Brick are still in winners.

Realized I don't know how to find and join a specific battle lounge

@OnionKnight86

crying-michael-jordan-gif.gif

Good games man, you got some nifty moves with those back dashes... hit some solid punishes too.

My Bison needs work against someone your level, I end up paralyzed looking for chances and not punishing. More practice needed.

@Luminaire GG’s man.

Dude I hate that I backdash so much. Crimson knows it so well he hits me with Alex’s EX chop 9/10 times. But I did hit you with a couple of shimmy’s. You should work on your punishes. Set Ken or Ryu up in the training room to do a shoryu, and then learn how to punish it. With Ryu and Bison.

If you’re playing a charge the rule is to ABC. Always Be Charging. It takes a lot of practice, but once you get it down the majority of charge characters will open up for you.

Last edited:
Kind of interesting how both Evos had a young player in winner's side of Grand Finals have it slip away at the hands of an old timer.

My two observations...

1) interesting a juri/menat user wins evo japan, and birdie user wins capcom cup
2) think it makes more sense for players to have two mains (that are different such that they a player can avoid horrible matchups... and by two mains, I don't mean abigail and zangief, or Akuma and Ken).

My two observations...

1) interesting a juri/menat user wins evo japan, and birdie user wins capcom cup
2) think it makes more sense for players to have two mains (that are different such that they a player can avoid horrible matchups... and by two mains, I don't mean abigail and zangief, or Akuma and Ken).

Right after MenaRD won CC he posted on twitter that Birdie was his secondary. Right now I’m finding that hard to believe.

I wonder if Ryu is a better matchup against Menat than Guile is. He’s faster and seems like he can get in much easier. He just doesn’t have the length on his Normals like Guile does.

I'll be curious to see how Menat vs. Guile looks after Daigo studies up on it. One of my favorite things about SF4 was how he cleaned up both Xian and Infiltration in first-to-ten sets after losing to them a bunch in tournament.

Right after MenaRD won CC he posted on twitter that Birdie was his secondary. Right now I’m finding that hard to believe.

I wonder if Ryu is a better matchup against Menat than Guile is. He’s faster and seems like he can get in much easier. He just doesn’t have the length on his Normals like Guile does.

I can believe that re: Birdie. He might be his secondary, but to his opponents who might not be all that use to fighting a good Birdie, the advantage was still to Mena RD.

I am old and suck at video games for the most part, but these kids who essentially have gaming as a day job, I think most could be able to reach master level using 2 or 3 different characters. It doesn't make sense to me for someone to main a character who is 40-60 in some match ups and hope to win a huge tournament. I think it would be strategic to have a secondary that is like 55-45 against the guys your main are 40-60 against if possible.

I like the idea of having best of threes, where each guy has to use a different fighter for each set. That would be awesome if they did that once in a while. I mean, I get pretty fucking bored of Tokido doing his same old canned combos using Akuma.... zzzzzzzz.

Back