STREET FIGHTER V-v5: Arcade Edition - Battle Lounge 4/6 – Streamed on Twitch! 4:30PM PST!

Wish I grew up watching DB, so I could be part of the hype. The gameplay isn’t for me though. Never got into MVC either.

Never cared for DBZ, but this game is exciting. It's still too early to see if it will remain on top. Tekken is ahead of both Smashes and that will probably change unfortunately. I rather have all 3 of them be after smash.

ST on the 30th anniversary looks too fast to be arcade perfect...

Might have turned a corner in my gameplay recently, started solidly competing with Silver ranked players.

Maybe it was just a lucky evening, but a rare dash of optimism was inspiring enough haha.

Might have turned a corner in my gameplay recently, started solidly competing with Silver ranked players.

Maybe it was just a lucky evening, but a rare dash of optimism was inspiring enough haha.

Right on man! Who is your character?

Right on man! Who is your character?

Kolin.

I spent a good amount of time with Ryu and Bison but about to have my most matches played with Kolin soon. Just enjoy how she plays.

Kolin.

I spent a good amount of time with Ryu and Bison but about to have my most matches played with Kolin soon. Just enjoy how she plays.

I’ve never tried her out, but she definitely presents some unique challenges as an opponent.

It always feels good to hit a benchmark. I’m riding at the cusp of Gold nowadays. But about a month ago I had climbed my way to 5600LP on a magical run one weekend! It didn’t last though, lol.

Since AE released, it seems like the competition is a bit stiffer, or I’ve tweaked my gameplay for the worse because I’ve spent more time in Silver, than Gold lately. Whereas before it would be the other way around.

Anyways, congrats on your achievement. It’s a great feeling to feel as though you’ve improved and are a more skilled player.

After last night, perhaps I didn't make the "leap" after all lol.

I'm getting close, probably need another film session, another trip to the lab and then I can overcome some of the obnoxious offensive loops I'm encountering in silver.

After last night, perhaps I didn't make the "leap" after all lol.

I'm getting close, probably need another film session, another trip to the lab and then I can overcome some of the obnoxious offensive loops I'm encountering in silver.

Tips to get out of Silver:

1. Anti-Airs: I believe your cr.hp is your anti-cross up tool. I get hit with it all of the time and if you’re consistent with it you will keep the fight in the neutral.

2. Learn your other normal AA punishes. I think all characters have the ability to keep opponents out by using their normal as AA’s. Nash probably has the most, but Ryu has his st.hk mainly and his st.mp. If you watch Daigo's Guile he'll do a cr.lp and Dictator also has that. It's a really powerful tool to learn and it's not too difficult.

3. Don’t hit buttons on wake-up. You seemed pretty good at this the last time we played, but try to remember to block over 80% for now. Eventually you’ll learn when to wake-up jab or other wake-up options she has, but silvers will more than likely use tools that leave you at frame advantage after they hit you and you block.

Learning those will bump you into at least Super/Ultra Silver.

Last edited:
Tips to get out of Silver:

1. Anti-Airs: I believe your cr.hp is your anti-cross up tool. I get hit with it all of the time and if you’re consistent with it you will keep the fight in the neutral.

2. Learn your other normal AA punishes. I think all characters have the ability to keep opponents out by using their normal as AA’s. Nash probably has the most, but Ryu has his st.hk mainly st.mp. If you watch Daigo's Guile he'll do a cr.lp and Dictator also has that. It's a really powerful tool to learn and it's not too difficult.

3. Don’t hit buttons on wake-up. You seemed pretty good at this the last time we played, but try to remember to block over 80% for now. Eventually you’ll learn when to wake-up jab or other wake-up options she has, but silvers will more than likely use tools that leave you at frame advantage after they hit you and you block.

Learning those will bump you into at least Super/Ultra Silver.

Thanks for the tips.

Kolin's anti-air game is semi weak. You're right Cr HP is an effective anti air but it has to be at range I think... on cross ups it tends to be a whiff that leaves me getting punished. She has the anti-air parry.... and that's excellent, but you need an early read or you'll get hit and if they catch onto it, they'll jump in without an attack let you whiff the parry and punish.

I definitely need to hone this part of her game, I'll watch more videos of top tier Kolin's and take notes.

I do ok blocking, for the most part... it's the damn tick throws that get me, I have a hard time tech-ing them and if there's any amount of lag it becomes the most maddening thing. Also different characters and players have their ways of setting up throws, and that takes some time to adjust to as well.

Thanks for the tips.

Kolin's anti-air game is semi weak. You're right Cr HP is an effective anti air but it has to be at range I think... on cross ups it tends to be a whiff that leaves me getting punished. She has the anti-air parry.... and that's excellent, but you need an early read or you'll get hit and if they catch onto it, they'll jump in without an attack let you whiff the parry and punish.

I definitely need to hone this part of her game, I'll watch more videos of top tier Kolin's and take notes.

I do ok blocking, for the most part... it's the damn tick throws that get me, I have a hard time tech-ing them and if there's any amount of lag it becomes the most maddening thing. Also different characters and players have their ways of setting up throws, and that takes some time to adjust to as well.

Find Bafels (SP?) S3 Kolin Video. He just posted on Reddit last week that he has an updated S3 video for all characters. It might just be the balance changes so be sure to review his B&B Kolin video. He will explain all of her normals up front in great detail. He does an excellent job discussing the entire cast.

I’m right there with you on throws. Play @Swing and he will tick throw you about a 1,000 x’s in a set. It’s annoying and something I really need to work on.

Find Bafels (SP?) S3 Kolin Video. He just posted on Reddit last week that he has an updated S3 video for all characters. It might just be the balance changes so be sure to review his B&B Kolin video. He will explain all of her normals up front in great detail. He does an excellent job discussing the entire cast.

I’m right there with you on throws. Play @Swing and he will tick throw you about a 1,000 x’s in a set. It’s annoying and something I really need to work on.
I actually haven't even been using her good tick throw setup this season. She gets it after crouching jab now, which is not only her 3-frame button but is also +2 on block. So her tick throw legit beats out 3-frame reversals again if my inputs are on time. I really need to use it more, but I'm just so used to stand light kick and most people around Gold quick rise and I forget to dash cr. lp meaty after a knock down.

good news for the sf community, i am no offically 100% free!
its been 3 of 4 days of straight soul crushing losses and bad lag at the worst times.

good news for the sf community, i am no offically 100% free!
its been 3 of 4 days of straight soul crushing losses and bad lag at the worst times.

Haha I know how that is. Did you end up getting hard wired? It makes a world of difference, even with 5Ghz WiFi. I feel like the Netcode has gotten worse since AE, but it could just be me. It’s really hit or miss and I have 150mb internet. Of course I haven’t set my SFV up to be optimal using the recommended ports because I have no idea how to do that.

My GF is trying to schedule a date night tonight but little does she know that Friday’s are for Battle Lounges! CPT Tour kicks off Today and our Battle Lounge will kick-off anywhere from 4:30-5:30pm PST Today! Come out and level-up!

Might be able to make the battle lounge.

For the first time I hit Silver League yesterday lol... but then I went into Casuals and got bodied by a bunch of mid-tier Silvers so I'm sure I'll be knocked into Ultra Bronze immediately.

Might be able to make the battle lounge.

For the first time I hit Silver League yesterday lol... but then I went into Casuals and got bodied by a bunch of mid-tier Silvers so I'm sure I'll be knocked into Ultra Bronze immediately.

Play long sets in battle lounge. Best of 3's or 5's or 10's. You'll get much better that way than playing Casuals. More games in a quicker amount of time.

Back