STREET FIGHTER V-v5: Arcade Edition - Battle Lounge 4/6 – Streamed on Twitch! 4:30PM PST!

Looks like I got till the 16th to grind things out. Still kind of ridiculous to give so few stages off the bat. Other fighting games give so much more.

Getting this game up and running on my PC was kind of a pain too. The game would instantly shut down when I tried opening it. It took me an hour to fix it as it was my antivirus false detecting it as a virus so I had to add in a bunch of exclusions.

For setting the resolution, most games allow you to select what you want then apply, this literally changes it on the fly so as I try to scroll down to 1440p so I can set it at high detail, it runs into a resolution that doesn't work on my set up and forces me to force close the program. So I'm stuck at 4K with lower detail settings. That's fucking annoying.

To top it all off its not recognizing either of my fightsticks (both have PS3/PC pcb's) that work perfect with Tekken 7. So I'll have to figure out a solution to that after work. I got too frustrated last night and gave up.

I'm surprised extreme survival mode is still a thing... who is seriously willing to sit there and go through 100 rounds when the likelihood is you'll get into the 90s get your ass whooped and have to try again.

Is there anyone that has fully completed survival mode for all characters? I'd be amazed if someone had done it.

Never tried. I did Hard Mode with Zangief and Ken a while back and that took forever too. If this survival mode was like DOA's, I might attempt it.

Last edited:
Looks like I got till the 16th to grind things out. Still kind of ridiculous to give so few stages off the bat. Other fighting games give so much more.

Getting this game up and running on my PC was kind of a pain too. The game would instantly shut down when I tried opening it. It took me an hour to fix it as it was my antivirus false detecting it as a virus so I had to add in a bunch of exclusions.

For setting the resolution, most games allow you to select what you want then apply, this literally changes it on the fly so as I try to scroll down to 1440p so I can set it at high detail, it runs into a resolution that doesn't work on my set up and forces me to force close the program. So I'm stuck at 4K with lower detail settings. That's fucking annoying.

To top it all off its not recognizing either of my fightsticks (both have PS3/PC pcb's) that work perfect with Tekken 7. So I'll have to figure out a solution to that after work. I got too frustrated last night and gave up.

There are much more knowledgeable people on r/streetfighter that have probably troubleshooted these things many times. I would give that a shot if it’s still not working. My MC TE2+ was having issues but I wanted a Razer anyways so I’ve been using that and have had 0 issues. I got lazy and never looked into my TE2+ issues.

I agree with the lack of content, it was the major gripe right out of the gate. Supposedly there are more stages coming from all arcade paths and I believe a Final Fight stage is in the works. Could lead me to believe Haggar is coming in S4. I’m very surprised they have yet to put him in a game.

There are much more knowledgeable people on r/streetfighter that have probably troubleshooted these things many times. I would give that a shot if it’s still not working. My MC TE2+ was having issues but I wanted a Razer anyways so I’ve been using that and have had 0 issues. I got lazy and never looked into my TE2+ issues.

I agree with the lack of content, it was the major gripe right out of the gate. Supposedly there are more stages coming from all arcade paths and I believe a Final Fight stage is in the works. Could lead me to believe Haggar is coming in S4. I’m very surprised they have yet to put him in a game.

It's funny how SFV and Tekken 7 are the most popular, yet they have the least amount of content compared to their predecessors.

That is such a fun looking stage.

I never really cared for the series. My point is that when playing survival mode, do you really care about intros/win poses/etc? Nah, just keep the line moving.

It's funny how SFV and Tekken 7 are the most popular, yet they have the least amount of content compared to their predecessors. I never really cared for the series. My point is that when playing survival mode, do you really care about intros/win poses/etc? Nah, just keep the line moving.

Haha yea, I thought that was really weird. I find it even funnier that Tekken7 didn’t learn from SFV’s mistake. Seemed like they wanted to get it out of the door because people were forgetting about it. SFV screwed up royally though. If you look at the first thread that @Gref started, there were a lot of players on this sub. Then after the first 2 months they just left because the net code and overall offerings were crap. Granted, a lot didn’t enjoy the gameplay and some just bought it to have it, but there were a lot more players. IGN just posted an article of big game screwups and of course SFV was on the list. And that list was dating back to thing like the Atari/Nintendo team up.

I only did survival on the medium level. No way I was going to attempt something like hard. I know I’ve read people on reddit who completed the whole thing with every fighter. That’s some dedication.

Edit: Are you getting the 30th anniversary edition for PS4 or PC?

Last edited:
Haha yea, I thought that was really weird. I find it even funnier that Tekken7 didn’t learn from SFV’s mistake. Seemed like they wanted to get it out of the door because people were forgetting about it. SFV screwed up royally though. If you look at the first thread that @Gref started, there were a lot of players on this sub. Then after the first 2 months they just left because the net code and overall offerings were crap. Granted, a lot didn’t enjoy the gameplay and some just bought it to have it, but there were a lot more players. IGN just posted an article of big game screwups and of course SFV was on the list. And that list was dating back to thing like the Atari/Nintendo team up.

I only did survival on the medium level. No way I was going to attempt something like hard. I know I’ve read people on reddit who completed the whole thing with every fighter. That’s some dedication.

Edit: Are you getting the 30th anniversary edition for PS4 or PC?

I'm not sure if I'm getting it at all. It's a good collection of games and the netcode should be great, but all of that is already on Fightcade and each title is playable online + more. If it had more like Alpha 3 Upper and CVS2 then maybe. I'd get it if other players/friends on my list pick it up.

I'm not sure if I'm getting it at all. It's a good collection of games and the netcode should be great, but all of that is already on Fightcade and each title is playable online + more. If it had more like Alpha 3 Upper and CVS2 then maybe. I'd get it if other players/friends on my list pick it up.

Right on. I’ll more than likely pick it up for PC to support the cause. You never know if this is going to help the future development of SFV & SFVI.

Well I fixed the issues that I was having.

For resolution I set the game to window mode then dropped it down to 1440p then back to fullscreen so I can now run Ultra settings at 60fps.

For the arcade stick I unchecked "PS4 controller support" in steam and ironically my now my PS4 controller works perfectly (it had been cutting out on me) and I can unplug that usb cord right into my stick and it plays perfectly as well, outside of the fact that it has a Korean lever with Namco Noir layout and is designed to play Tekken. I need to figure out a way to make a quick disconnect for the top plate on my HRAP3 so that I can swap with a plate that I have with a Sanwa JLF and a Viewlix button configuration. Just need to wire the buttons into a plug for an easy swap.

What's the fastest way to grind for money on SFV?

Last edited:
Right on. I’ll more than likely pick it up for PC to support the cause. You never know if this is going to help the future development of SFV & SFVI.

Maybe on PS4, but it depends on the player base too. I remember the players seemed a bit better on PS4 than PC but PS4 is probably the tournament standard.

Well I fixed the issues that I was having.

For resolution I set the game to window mode then dropped it down to 1440p then back to fullscreen so I can now run Ultra settings at 60fps.

For the arcade stick I unchecked "PS4 controller support" in steam and ironically my now my PS4 controller works perfectly (it had been cutting out on me) and I can unplug that usb cord right into my stick and it plays perfectly as well, outside of the fact that it has a Korean lever with Namco Noir layout and is designed to play Tekken. I need to figure out a way to make a quick disconnect for the top plate on my HRAP3 so that I can swap with a plate that I have with a Sanwa JLF and a Viewlix button configuration. Just need to wire the buttons into a plug for an easy swap.

What's the fastest way to grind for money on SFV?

I believe doing all the character story modes nets you $200k. Doing the ‘Shadows Fall’ story on hard will net you $50k. Then I would go to the trials (v1 & v2) and then maybe medium level on survival. There are some tips and tricks out there on how to beat it. But yea, those first two and the trials will give you more than enough for S3 I’d imagine.

Maybe on PS4, but it depends on the player base too. I remember the players seemed a bit better on PS4 than PC but PS4 is probably the tournament standard.

I’m just in such a shitty setup for my PS4 since my TV is mounted on the wall 10 feet in front of me. It’s terrible for fighting games if you’re not up close. But if it has to be PS4 to get some game in with the Sherdoggers then so be it. Besides, like you mentioned I already have fightcade.

I just blasted through the story mode for all of the characters, and so far I'm liking Ed the most. He's like Dudley with kicks.

Was gifted this by the Sherdoger with a big ass dick @Gref but I cant feel it

I'm surprised extreme survival mode is still a thing... who is seriously willing to sit there and go through 100 rounds when the likelihood is you'll get into the 90s get your ass whooped and have to try again.

Is there anyone that has fully completed survival mode for all characters? I'd be amazed if someone had done it.
japanese and koreans

I just blasted through the story mode for all of the characters, and so far I'm liking Ed the most. He's like Dudley with kicks.

@Thunderhead is an Ed main. I think he’s pretty cool and unique. Expect some decent buffs in S3. I believe they’re going to extend the ranges on his combos because even on a hit-confirm, his spacing to finish the combo is a little wonky.

Make sure watch all the character demonstrations as well. They aren't worth much but it's quick/easy Fight Money.

Oh, hell yeah.

tenor.gif

Back