STREET FIGHTER V-v5: Arcade Edition - Battle Lounge 4/6 – Streamed on Twitch! 4:30PM PST!

Went through the thread and liked every post cuz y'all some likeable mofuckas and deserve them

I had the weirdest dream last night that I was in a tournament running around looking for an N64 controller to use. Very odd.
Just let it out, you secretly want to go pro in smash Bros (just don't be a top tier whore)

Same here. I'm looking forward to all of them except Blanka. Never liked him.

I'm not huge on Blanka either, but I think the developers like the fact that his fighting style can be made so unique whereas other characters tend to overlap more.

Just let it out, you secretly want to go pro in smash Bros (just don't be a top tier whore)

Lol no kidding, I was like WTF am I even playing right now? I’ve tried to watch a Top 8 in smash and I couldn’t get into it at all. It looked like a bunch of nonsense on the screen and it was very hard to make out what was happening. It’s pretty sad to see the dev’s come out and announce that the game is a party game and not an actual fighting game.

Lol no kidding, I was like WTF am I even playing right now? I’ve tried to watch a Top 8 in smash and I couldn’t get into it at all. It looked like a bunch of nonsense on the screen and it was very hard to make out what was happening. It’s pretty sad to see the dev’s come out and announce that the game is a party game and not an actual fighting game.
I have special place in my heart with smash. In high school we had big tournament s with it. I don't enjoy the pro scene (Melee has too many fox players and the fact I like big characters and they all suck in smash doesn't help). I did enjoy GF of smash 4 at Evo this year

I had the weirdest dream last night that I was in a tournament running around looking for an N64 controller to use. Very odd.

I kinda want to see people have to play SF or something similar on an N64 controller....

Anyone have a very detailed long winded explanation / process on how to complete Character trials?

I finished about half of the Vol 1 trials (that brings up another question, are they still all doable with the new changes?)

Haven't started Vol 2 yet... but with my current struggles I won't get them done prior to Jan 16. (when they no longer award fight money)

So yea... as detailed as possible, I'll read it all.

Anyone have a very detailed long winded explanation / process on how to complete Character trials?

I finished about half of the Vol 1 trials (that brings up another question, are they still all doable with the new changes?)

Haven't started Vol 2 yet... but with my current struggles I won't get them done prior to Jan 16. (when they no longer award fight money)

So yea... as detailed as possible, I'll read it all.

You'll want to do Vol 1 just to get the hang of the game, but Vol 2 will have the updated changes to them. It's basically trial and error. What I did is I broke down each part into a section and did it over and over again. I also watched the demonstrations to help me know when to confirm. Watching the animations helps because it gives you clues (i.e; when the yellow spark comes up for a confirm).

You'll want to do Vol 1 just to get the hang of the game, but Vol 2 will have the updated changes to them. It's basically trial and error. What I did is I broke down each part into a section and did it over and over again. I also watched the demonstrations to help me know when to confirm. Watching the animations helps because it gives you clues (i.e; when the yellow spark comes up for a confirm).

Yea, I guess I need more patience, it really is a process. And then you finish one and the next one is just as tough once you get in that 7-10 range anyway.

Yea, I guess I need more patience, it really is a process. And then you finish one and the next one is just as tough once you get in that 7-10 range anyway.

It’s a pain in the ass. @Crimson Fury is probably one of the better ones on the sub with multiple character experience. I’ve only got through a few of them but I’m stubborn as hell and always switch back to Ryu. I really want to use Nash as my sub but I’m too lazy to grind it out lol. From what I’ve read, Karin’s Vol2 is pretty tough.

It’s a pain in the ass. @Crimson Fury is probably one of the better ones on the sub with multiple character experience. I’ve only got through a few of them but I’m stubborn as hell and always switch back to Ryu. I really want to use Nash as my sub but I’m too lazy to grind it out lol. From what I’ve read, Karin’s Vol2 is pretty tough.

Really? I'm going to have to try hers then. I need to get Karin's and some of the other characters Vol2 trials done before S3.

Really? I'm going to have to try hers then. I need to get Karin's and some of the other characters Vol2 trials done before S3.

Yea, apparently she has a very tough link in one of her trials. Not sure which one though.

Yea, apparently she has a very tough link in one of her trials. Not sure which one though.

Ok, I just did them. Took about 25 minutes. I think it's probably Trial 5, 6, or 7. Comboing her Tenko into Orochi seems hard, BUT she recovers pretty fast from her Tenko so just do her Orochi a bit early.

She had a trial like that in season 1, iirc.

Back