STREET FIGHTER V - v4: COMPLETE LIST OF NEW V-TRIGGERS

I'm logging in right now.

If anyone is up for some casual matches then send an invite to

CFN: Thndrhd27

Currently maining with Ed.

Last edited:
GGs. I was way off on a lot of things. I felt bad for that Cammy player. I shouldn't have won that. I was even punishing with the wrong moves too, lol.
It was fine. I wasn't reacting to things the way that I should have been.

Edit: For instance, I'm usually pretty good about neutral jumping Running Bear Grab; oh well.

GG’s @Swing ! It’s really great to play those long sets because it forces you to adjust your playstyle. I noticed that I was sweeping way too many times even without going into VT. That’s an issue I’ve been struggling for so long. I also noticed that I wasn’t setting up my jump-ins nor was I using my optimal jump-in distance to get over your cr.hp. You are right, you didn’t AA DP me one time, it was all cr.hp. I’ll be honest, I scrubbed out a couple of wins just because I had EX meter and was getting pummeled. You did hit me with a couple of nice shimmy’s, so its great to see you’re working on that. I haven’t even started to train for those yet but it’s something I need to know to bring me to the next level of play. Also, I don’t think I saw you use your V-reversal once. Also, st.mp > cr.mk > Hado is not a real block string. I think you can interrupt with a 3f between the st.mp > cr.mk but I’m not 100% sure. Worth a training mode set-up. Either way, fun games. Let’s do those F10’s again sometime soon.

So I played some sets with Akuma last night and I came to the conclusion that I will be maining him until S3. This is for several reasons with the main one being that he will help me improve my execution. He’s a little slow for me, but his options are almost limitless. He seems to have an answer for everything. Ryu will still be my 2nd of course and he may move back up to my main if a new V-Trigger comes out, but for now I’m switching to Akuma.

If there is another set of V-Triggers on the way, I can only hope that Ryu gets his E.Ryu incarnation. Ryu is so easy to use but very difficult to master. If they made him to be a more complex character in a new V-Trigger, he would be all sorts of fun. That would be dope if he had a FADC as his V-skill while in V-Trigger. One can wish.

So I played some sets with Akuma last night and I came to the conclusion that I will be maining him until S3. This is for several reasons with the main one being that he will help me improve my execution. He’s a little slow for me, but his options are almost limitless. He seems to have an answer for everything. Ryu will still be my 2nd of course and he may move back up to my main if a new V-Trigger comes out, but for now I’m switching to Akuma.

If there is another set of V-Triggers on the way, I can only hope that Ryu gets his E.Ryu incarnation. Ryu is so easy to use but very difficult to master. If they made him to be a more complex character in a new V-Trigger, he would be all sorts of fun. That would be dope if he had a FADC as his V-skill while in V-Trigger. One can wish.
My main reason for going to back to Cammy was because Akuma is so popular, and I hate fighting mirror matches. Akuma is great though; my favorite thing about him is how he can choose between stun and damage combos. Incidentally, my favorite stun combo with him was: whatever button/buttons into m.k -> l.tatsu -> ex. demon flip -> air tatsu. In addition to a stupid amount of stun, you also get a lot of corner carry.

My main reason for going to back to Cammy was because Akuma is so popular, and I hate fighting mirror matches. Akuma is great though; my favorite thing about him is how he can choose between stun and damage combos. Incidentally, my favorite stun combo with him was: whatever button/buttons into m.k -> l.tatsu -> ex. demon flip -> air tatsu. In addition to a stupid amount of stun, you also get a lot of corner carry.

I've had my share of mirror matches with Ryu in Silver. He seems to be the one I run into the most and is probably my worst matchup lol. I really like his V-Trigger set-ups and his endless amounts of mix-ups. Had they built the game around him instead of Ryu, we might be looking at something a little more technical and less one-dimensional. I feel like he's the most complex in the game and learning him should help me with future Season of SFV and future Street Fighters in general.

I've had my share of mirror matches with Ryu in Silver. He seems to be the one I run into the most and is probably my worst matchup lol. I really like his V-Trigger set-ups and his endless amounts of mix-ups. Had they built the game around him instead of Ryu, we might be looking at something a little more technical and less one-dimensional. I feel like he's the most complex in the game and learning him should help me with future Season of SFV and future Street Fighters in general.

Well, it is Ryu. You're gonna run into a lot of shotos no matter what. Just like you would run into a lot of Scorpions and Sub-Zeros in MK. Good or bad, they are popular.

Off topic: Wow, they just nerfed Aquaman, haha. It's actually funny.

Well, it is Ryu. You're gonna run into a lot of shotos no matter what. Just like you would run into a lot of Scorpions and Sub-Zeros in MK. Good or bad, they are popular.

Very true. Shoto's are the most popular in the game with Ryu always taking the top spot. I really play him just because he was the first character I picked in SF2 arcades. Plus I like his story line. Reminds me of my wrestling days. Still though, if you can learn Akuma at a good level, you should be able to pick up most of the cast. The issue I have is remembering inputs. Ryu has maybe 3 inputs total where Akuma has <5. It really limits your understanding of the game if you only stick with one fighter.

My guess, did they nerf his stupid spear chip on block?

Very true. Shoto's are the most popular in the game with Ryu always taking the top spot. I really play him just because he was the first character I picked in SF2 arcades. Plus I like his story line. Reminds me of my wrestling days. Still though, if you can learn Akuma at a good level, you should be able to pick up most of the cast. The issue I have is remembering inputs. Ryu has maybe 3 inputs total where Akuma has <5. It really limits your understanding of the game if you only stick with one fighter.

My guess, did they nerf his stupid spear chip on block?

Is it Ryu? I remember in 4, it was definitely Ken who even had the original flowchart, heh. I agree with using multiple characters. I could never EVER stick with just one. I get bored to quickly, lol.

Not just that, but he can no longer combo after his meterburn tentacle. The chat exploded after that and I was LOL for real.

bork1}bork1}

BTW, I'm liking Abigail.

Lots of defensive players on tonight; I only had one ranked match where anybody tried to rush me down, and that was an Ed player who was pretty defensive himself until he realized I wasn't reacting to Ed's shenanigans. I look like a real putz when I'm trying to figure the other guy out. Ed matches are frustrating because I know exactly what I want to do to punish him, but I keep waiting too long. I think it's because h.p and v-skill have a lot of startup instead of recovery, and I've conditioned myself to try to punish unsafe moves and moves that have a lot of recovery frames. I need to just start jumping in on him as soon as I see him winding up.

I did block a couple of people's rankups into gold. I sort of feel bad about that because I'd really like to make it there myself, but it also tells me that it should be doable if I'm playing well. That said, I did play one gold Ryu and he cleaned my clock; I've got some ideas for him if I see him again though.

Got Abigail yesterday. He is ridiculous. Gotta have a laugh at Canada finally getting a street fighter character and it's a giant retard. At least he is fun as hell to use.

Played some matches with Swami yesterday. Abigail is really fun to play. Figured out some things too.

I reinstalled. Are you guys still doing Sherdog lobbies on fridays?

Yea if you look at the new CFN portal they have character usage, and Ryu is #1 with Ed as 2nd. Granted it's only a monthly basis, but I highly doubt Ryu ever changes. Ken was like #4 behind Akuma. But the 3 Shoto's are in the Top 5. I bet that changes when Sagat drops.

I will definitely try out Sagat. Hopefully he fits the way that I really want to play. I'd play Guile, but I don't think I have the wherewithal to properly manage a charge character.

I reinstalled. Are you guys still doing Sherdog lobbies on fridays?

Typically, yea. I won't be on this Friday because I'm on work travel. Maybe some of the other guys will be. I'll add your name to the OP. I'll also be on next Friday.

I will definitely try out Sagat. Hopefully he fits the way that I really want to play. I'd play Guile, but I don't think I have the wherewithal to properly manage a charge character.

Same here. He was my pocket in USFIV and my roommate who hardly played SF used to blast people with him.

I was watching Daigo's stream last night with him and Fuddo playing Abigail. It was surprising to me how long Abigail's V-Trigger lasted. It got me wondering how long everyone else who has a lengthy one lasts. I know that some have worse ones than others, but his seemed like it lasted forever. And it lasted even after he was doing normal attacks. Does his just drain out over a period of time or are there some moves the deplete it?

Does Bisons drain when he uses his dash? I know Ryu loses his when he fire's off hadoukens. I'm not sure about his normals because they cause stun, but if it does deplete because he has stun using normals thats a load of BS if you ask me. The VT systems is so unbalanced. When I get back I'm going to time 2 bar and 3 bar for all characters (except Sim / Nash) and see where they end up.

Same here. He was my pocket in USFIV and my roommate who hardly played SF used to blast people with him.

I was watching Daigo's stream last night with him and Fuddo playing Abigail. It was surprising to me how long Abigail's V-Trigger lasted. It got me wondering how long everyone else who has a lengthy one lasts. I know that some have worse ones than others, but his seemed like it lasted forever. And it lasted even after he was doing normal attacks. Does his just drain out over a period of time or are there some moves the deplete it?

Does Bisons drain when he uses his dash? I know Ryu loses his when he fire's off hadoukens. I'm not sure about his normals because they cause stun, but if it does deplete because he has stun using normals thats a load of BS if you ask me. The VT systems is so unbalanced. When I get back I'm going to time 2 bar and 3 bar for all characters (except Sim / Nash) and see where they end up.

Abigail's V-Trigger depletes faster if you use his charged Fierce attacks (which he can't do without the V-Trigger). Bison's doesn't drain when he dashes, but when he does his specials.

BTW, anyone ever seen this?

CgVx2LCW4AAvENQ.jpg:large

c1ef47567986073.jpg

Typically, yea. I won't be on this Friday because I'm on work travel. Maybe some of the other guys will be. I'll add your name to the OP. I'll also be on next Friday.

thanks bud!

Did i read correctly that your on steam now?

Back