Street Fighter V v3: WTF Capcom?

Will an American take EVO this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm looking forward to Nuckledu vs. Xian. Du looked unstoppable last season, and I'm excited to see what Xian can do now that he isn't being hampered by Fang.

I wonder what happened to Snake in his match with Fuudo. He could have won their second match. Looked like it was his controller.

Not sure, I saw the match, just stood in the corner. Doesn't he always have issues?

I'm looking forward to Nuckledu vs. Xian. Du looked unstoppable last season, and I'm excited to see what Xian can do now that he isn't being hampered by Fang.

Yep. Same here.

That was probably one of the better Top 8s for SFV. Props to Xian for winning with Ibuki.

I had a great time watching Top8 and I agree it’s one of the better ones I’ve seen (granted FR 19 last year was also really fun to watch). Lots of hype moments and great matches were played. KBrad looks to be really strong this year. Maintenance tomorrow from 10am to 6pm. Hopefully a new patch is on the horizon. Watching someone as fun as Daigo with a sub-tier character is painful.

Last edited:
I need to watch the rest of it. Turned it off after Itazan lost.

13_daigobnr.jpg

Daigo dropping Ryu for Guile in Street Fighter 5 Season 2, according to top players at Final Round

Ha, yea I've been reading about that. /r/SF has a good thread on it and everyone agrees that Ryu needs some major help. From another thread:

'The maintenance is just maintenance. No patch' - Matt Edwards, Capcom UK
few more things he said
he has seen the changes
"you won't have much longer to wait"
"once people find out about the patch.. i'll be interested to see what the reaction is"
also seems the Capcom japan guys are in charge of the servers interestingly...
Aparently Laura has some changes.. and when laura players find out, they will need to be sitting down
and he is excited about the changes...
and he said randomly.. 'would it be interesting if some character received a new move?'
could all be bullshit... we'll see

Could be the return of Ryu's Donkey Kick! But that's wishful thinking. He would need other Buffs as well as something cool like that. His FB game is probably the 2nd worst in the game (Guile > Akuma > Ryu > Ken) and his V-Trigger sucks.

Ha, yea I've been reading about that. /r/SF has a good thread on it and everyone agrees that Ryu needs some major help. From another thread:

Could be the return of Ryu's Donkey Kick! But that's wishful thinking. He would need other Buffs as well as something cool like that. His FB game is probably the 2nd worst in the game (Guile > Akuma > Ryu > Ken) and his V-Trigger sucks.

Are you a Destiny player? If so, then you should be used to unnecessary nerfs by now, lol.

Edit: I hope Laura doesn't get nerfed too badly. I'd rather they leave her alone and buff the characters that need it.

Last edited:
Are you a Destiny player? If so, then you should be used to unnecessary nerfs by now, lol.

Edit: I hope Laura doesn't get nerfed too badly. I'd rather they leave her alone and buff the characters that need it.

I bought the Destiny white PS4 but gave up on it when I started playing USFIV. That was really the only game I played. Well that and Bloodborne. I have TLOU & The Wither 3 and haven't touched them because of SFV. I also don't play as much as when the game dropped. But Horizon, NieR and Nioh all look fantastic. It's just hard to rip me away from that 1v1.

Did they Nerf a lot of guns in Destiny?

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2017...balance-changes-revealed-available-end-april/

Zangief

Zangief is one of the characters who has seen a big jump in the rankings since the beginning of Season 2. Although we are quite happy with his progression, we have noticed that his lariat is a large source of frustration for his opponents in that it's extremely hard to punish.

We feel that with the adjustment made to Zangief's lariat, he will still maintain his strength, yet players will have to utilize a bit more strategy to be effective with him.

Lastly, we felt that Zangief's moveset could use more options. To that effect, we have added a few more moves to his arsenal, which should make him a bit more entertaining for those who play him.

Head Butt
Reduced the amount of CA meter gain upon use to cancel a projectile attack
Note: From 50 to 30

Double Lariat
Reduced the downwards hitbox on his arms while spinning (1st revolution)
Changed so that the hitbox on his arms while spinning (2nd and 3rd revolutions) will not hit crouching opponents
Expanded the hurtbox to the same position as his hitbox

Harasho Choke Slam
New neutral/forward normal throw (LP+LK) that is triggered against crouching opponents

Flying Head Butt
New move: press up + HK during a neutral jump

Tundra Storm
New move: F, D, DF + P - perform a counter (only works against horizontally-angled kick attacks)

Ryu

The concept behind Ryu's initial Season 2 adjustments were that we wanted to encourage players to engage in closer combat by giving Ryu stronger in close tools, while in return, his midrange was weakened a little. Although his tools in close were strengthened, due to the shrinkage of a few hitboxes and increased attack startup, he now had a bit more trouble than anticipated fighting from the midrange. This, in turn, made it harder to get in close, making it more difficult for Ryu players to experience his Season 2 adjustments.

We hope with the additional adjustments made, Ryu will be more well-rounded than he was in Season 1, while also feeling that much stronger.

Standing LK
Expanded the forward hitbox

Standing MP (Normal/V-Trigger)
Expanded the forward hitbox

M Shoryuken
Added a hurtbox for frames 3-6F
Added invincibility for airborne attacks for frames 1 to 6F

H Shoryuken
Added attack and projectile invincibility for frames 3 - 6F

Crouching HP
Changed the move animation

3 new moves?! Holy Cow! How awesome for Cyclone mains. Ryu buffs are what I wanted with added buffs to his FB & VT. Still don't know why his VT is so weak and his FB is so dang sub-par.

Wait, so Cammy gets an air-throw and Balrog’s nerf was a reduction in health? Insane. Looks like they didn’t give the DP buffs to Necalli either. They also looked to have nerfed Juri a bit.

Last edited:
3 new moves?! Holy Cow! How awesome for Cyclone mains. Ryu buffs are what I wanted with added buffs to his FB & VT. Still don't know why his VT is so weak and his FB is so dang sub-par.

I wonder how much stun that headbutt does. I dunno about that counter against only kicks. We'll see. I'm happy Alex is getting buffed.

And a new crouching HP animation for Ryu?

As for Destiny, they love to nerf anything and everything. If it was up to them, Ryu wouldn't even have a DP, lol.

Last edited:
I wonder how much stun that headbutt does. I dunno about that counter against only kicks. We'll see. I'm happy Alex is getting buffed.

And a new crouching HP animation for Ryu?

As for Destiny, they love to nerf anything and everything. If it was up to them, Ryu wouldn't even have a DP, lol.

Lol that sucks. I don’t know much about the Devs, but that sounds pretty lame. I’m curious to see Ryu’s new cr.HP. What big of a difference can it make? Same move different angle?

They nerfed Blade Dancer because one of the devs didn't like getting killed by it and the hunter regenerates their health afterwards. Seriously. Then they accidentally nerfed a bunch of regen stuff at the same time, lol. The guy sucks too. I watched the stream and he was ass.

Hopefully Ryu can still combo off of it.

need to get my PS plus back on so i can play, hopefully the next character released is a grappler, but i'm sure that's going to the big silhouette guy

has there ever been a fighting game where grapplers ruled the meta?

Back