Street Fighter V v3: WTF Capcom?

Will an American take EVO this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So, I have been playing this. I like using Zangief. I don't understand his spinning pile driver though. I mean it looks like my opponent is just standing there and my grab just goes right through the person and misses. But then other times, especially when I am getting up, it works effortlessly.

I am more baffled though when it just plain seems to now work for absolutely no reason.

by the way, i find i often disconnect before online matches. Is it just me?

by the way, i find i often disconnect before online matches. Is it just me?

The online is pretty terrible so it's not just you. The last time I played I didn't have one match with out lag.

So, I have been playing this. I like using Zangief. I don't understand his spinning pile driver though. I mean it looks like my opponent is just standing there and my grab just goes right through the person and misses. But then other times, especially when I am getting up, it works effortlessly.

I am more baffled though when it just plain seems to now work for absolutely no reason.

It depends on which button you hit for the SPD. The jab version has the best range, but low damage. The fierce version has crappy range, but it does the most damage.

It depends on which button you hit for the SPD. The jab version has the best range, but low damage. The fierce version has crappy range, but it does the most damage.

Thanks for the tip. Definitely know what to use on a stunned opponent.

Thing is when I miss, it seems like I am very much within range, like my arms even go past the person, but it just doesn't connect.

I will try to practice more. For whatever reason I enjoy using Zangief a lot, but he is a bit of a piece of crap against a lot of characters like Guile, Fang, among others. I won't pretend that I am a harcore player, but even just Fang spamming his poison balls are a trajectory that make it so hard to close the gap on.

I also notice a lot of Akuma users now -- for some reason Akuma feels like a "cheap" character to me. I feel frustrated losing to him because it seems like his power attacks reach me faster than when I even just throw at a jab.

Cool, though it worked for me after restarting the console.

GG's I'll be on Friday again if you're down. I've gotta go check out an apartment.

GGs. That's what you should have done to me last week considering I rarely play, lol. I need a lot of work with my characters and Im starting to like Urien.

Last edited:
GGs. That's what you should have done to me last week considering I rarely play, lol.

Haha I put in more work last week than I have in the last 4 months. A good 10-15 hours. I'm usually at my GF's house and leave my PS4 at mine so I never really get a chance to play. I ended up buying S2 DLC because I do want to support the company. I know they've done horrible managing it (even to this day) but I'm hoping that they finally at some point pull it together. Hopefully after MvC:I drops they can have more people focus on this.

For this being Capcoms flagship game, they're really done a piss poor job.

Eh, I don't think I'll buy this season either. Not because I'm not sure how often I'll play, but isn't it just the 6 characters and that's it? No stages?

Eh, I don't think I'll buy this season either. Not because I'm not sure how often I'll play, but isn't it just the 6 characters and that's it? No stages?

Yea, its Akuma + all new fighters. I don't believe stages are included but you can get them with fight money. I know Ono said he has a couple of surprises (and god I hope its not skins) they're going to drop @ SDCC or E3 so hopefully that's another CA and VT. That would be dope.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back