Street Fight vs Multiple Attackers (And the Biggest LIE in Martial Arts History)

You guys are looking at this way wrong. If you and 2 of your buddies are looking to jump a champion boxer what martial art would you need to know? BJJ

I once saw an Aikido guy make like 15 dudes do a bunch of flippy shit in a fight.

The year 1999 is the year I met your mother. It was a very significant year for me, hence its honored place in my username. In no small part thanks to your mother, I might add, but I won't, because that'd be crass. And I'm not crass, no, sirree.

Yes, I've been in a fight on da streets. My training background is something like five years of Judo, four of Ashihara, six of MMA, six of jiu-jitsu, ten of boxing and kickboxing, around four to five years of Escrima, with a smattering of Muay Thai, other styles of Karate and different JJ styles along the years.

thumbs-up.jpg

Your post clearly demonstrates the level of your maturity - I mean, your mother jokes? I haven't heard that since before 1999, maybe middle school? Sad, really.

But keep living in your dream world where Jack Reacher gives sound advice on how to defeat multiple attackers. I think the issue here revolves around your thinking that a n v 1 fight is some sort of high school bully situation. You're such a badass, your goal isn't survival, you'll be last man standing! WOW!!!!!

I'm pretty sure if you got mugged or jumped on the street by 2+ guys you would have your ass handed to you. But believe what you like. Most likely you nor I will ever be in that situation.

thumbs-up.jpg

Your post clearly demonstrates the level of your maturity - I mean, your mother jokes? I haven't heard that since before 1999, maybe middle school? Sad, really.

But keep living in your dream world where Jack Reacher gives sound advice on how to defeat multiple attackers. I think the issue here revolves around your thinking that a n v 1 fight is some sort of high school bully situation. You're such a badass, your goal isn't survival, you'll be last man standing! WOW!!!!!

I'm pretty sure if you got mugged or jumped on the street by 2+ guys you would have your ass handed to you. But believe what you like. Most likely you nor I will ever be in that situation.
Well, amigo mio, when your only argument is "omg ur so delusional u were born in 1999", there's sadly very little I can do but to stoop to your level. You don't understand the more logical arguments, so I talk in your language. Get it? I doubt it.

I'm sorry your training has been so awful you don't feel confident against average people. You should look into a new gym.

Well, amigo mio, when your only argument is "omg ur so delusional u were born in 1999", there's sadly very little I can do but to stoop to your level. You don't understand the more logical arguments, so I talk in your language. Get it? I doubt it.

I'm sorry your training has been so awful you don't feel confident against average people. You should look into a new gym.

I didn't find a lot of logic in your post. Mostly just assumptions. Here is my summary:

- Multiple attackers is based on the same principles as 1v1
- Most people can't throw a punch, or grapple, and are scared
- If you are 2v1 just attack first and now it's instantly 1v1
- even 5v1 just take out 3 guys and you're done (based on Jack Reacher's analysis)

There is no evidence based logic here just a lot of assumptions. You seem to treat these scenarios as nothing more than street fights. Thus you don't care about "survival" because, well, you're no wuss! You gotta teach them punks a lesson! Show how tough you are!

But let's be more explicit. Say 3 guys come up to you. All of them are in front of you, closing in. Say you throw a punch and don't land the perfect, clean, insta-KO that you imagine you can do in that situation. What now? You think they will all just wait around for you to throw more punches? Once they close the distance, how will you even be able to generate enough force to hurt one of them, let alone more than one? They will start hitting you, from all angles, and your only realistic option will be to go super defensive and curl up.

Most likely they will surround you and you'll end up on the ground. What now? Will you armbar them one by one, breaking their arms so they can't attack? While the other two stand by and wait their turn? Or will they start pummeling you and soccer kicking you until you are incapacitated?

How do you see this situation going in your superman world? They come up to you and you just, one by one, knock each attacker out? Do you honestly believe that?

I don't like the new Sherdog. Too many newbs coming in here and trolling the people that really trains.

I didn't find a lot of logic in your post. Mostly just assumptions. Here is my summary:

- Multiple attackers is based on the same principles as 1v1
- Most people can't throw a punch, or grapple, and are scared
- If you are 2v1 just attack first and now it's instantly 1v1
- even 5v1 just take out 3 guys and you're done (based on Jack Reacher's analysis)

There is no evidence based logic here just a lot of assumptions. You seem to treat these scenarios as nothing more than street fights. Thus you don't care about "survival" because, well, you're no wuss! You gotta teach them punks a lesson! Show how tough you are!

But let's be more explicit. Say 3 guys come up to you. All of them are in front of you, closing in. Say you throw a punch and don't land the perfect, clean, insta-KO that you imagine you can do in that situation. What now? You think they will all just wait around for you to throw more punches? Once they close the distance, how will you even be able to generate enough force to hurt one of them, let alone more than one? They will start hitting you, from all angles, and your only realistic option will be to go super defensive and curl up.

Most likely they will surround you and you'll end up on the ground. What now? Will you armbar them one by one, breaking their arms so they can't attack? While the other two stand by and wait their turn? Or will they start pummeling you and soccer kicking you until you are incapacitated?

How do you see this situation going in your superman world? They come up to you and you just, one by one, knock each attacker out? Do you honestly believe that?
It's not possible to provide "evidence based logic" about something like this. There are millions of different scenarios, and obviously different things apply to one scenario and other things to another, so it's impossible to generalize.

As for your silly fantasy scenario... it's silly. That's how it might go for you, but not for me, nor for other people who know how to fight.

Asking me how I see "that situation going" shows a profound lack of understanding about fighting. How do I see it going? I could tell a story, like you just did, childishly crafting a scenario where everything goes my way and dictating what the fantasy people in my fantasy scenario do (like you just did, only in reverse) - but that's not how it goes, and that's why it's obviously pointless to discuss it. I could say I knock each attack out, yes, with jabs, bam, bam, bam, bam, bam, done. And it'd be as accurate as any other scenario, because it's a retarded fantasy. There are too many circumstances that are left unsaid and real people aren't characters in a story, they have their own idea of what's going to go down... and they're, you know, real people, not characters - so what's the point of storytelling like that?

It's not possible to provide "evidence based logic" about something like this. There are millions of different scenarios, and obviously different things apply to one scenario and other things to another, so it's impossible to generalize.

As for your silly fantasy scenario... it's silly. That's how it might go for you, but not for me, nor for other people who know how to fight.

Asking me how I see "that situation going" shows a profound lack of understanding about fighting. How do I see it going? I could tell a story, like you just did, childishly crafting a scenario where everything goes my way and dictating what the fantasy people in my fantasy scenario do (like you just did, only in reverse) - but that's not how it goes, and that's why it's obviously pointless to discuss it. I could say I knock each attack out, yes, with jabs, bam, bam, bam, bam, bam, done. And it'd be as accurate as any other scenario, because it's a retarded fantasy. There are too many circumstances that are left unsaid and real people aren't characters in a story, they have their own idea of what's going to go down... and they're, you know, real people, not characters - so what's the point of storytelling like that?

"Real people aren't characters in a story" says the guy quoting Jack Reacher on how to handle a self defense scenario o_O

It's great to see you keep responding, because now everyone should know you're an absolute idiot. You can't even come up with one realistic scenario where you would be able to diffuse that situation because you know how ridiculous it sounds. "Bam bam bam" yup - 3 perfect jabs, 3 perfect KOs. Lol.

GTFO.

Even Bas Rutten, who can street fight and mma fight, admits to having to flee from a multiple attacker scenario at a club.

FFS ...

"Real people aren't characters in a story" says the guy quoting Jack Reacher on how to handle a self defense scenario o_O

It's great to see you keep responding, because now everyone should know you're an absolute idiot. You can't even come up with one realistic scenario where you would be able to diffuse that situation because you know how ridiculous it sounds. "Bam bam bam" yup - 3 perfect jabs, 3 perfect KOs. Lol.

GTFO.
I knew the Jack Reacher thing was a bit too complicated for your little brain to handle. Jack Reacher is a fictional character, yes, but fictional characters don't write their own lines, and- forget it, by the time my explanation would percolate through twelve layers of solid bone to reach your walnut sized brain, we'd all be dead of old age anyway.

I can't come up with one realistic scenario for what? For your fantasy scenario where you decide that X happens, then Y happens, then Z happens? :rolleyes:
Without knowing what the opponents are like, what the circumstances are, what the terrain is like? I mean, yeah, if you consider all of these irrelevant, then I can see why you'd think winning a fight against multiple opponents is impossible.

I knew the Jack Reacher thing was a bit too complicated for your little brain to handle. Jack Reacher is a fictional character, yes, but fictional characters don't write their own lines, and- forget it, by the time my explanation would percolate through twelve layers of solid bone to reach your walnut sized brain, we'd all be dead of old age anyway.

I can't come up with one realistic scenario for what? For your fantasy scenario where you decide that X happens, then Y happens, then Z happens? :rolleyes:
Without knowing what the opponents are like, what the circumstances are, what the terrain is like? I mean, yeah, if you consider all of these irrelevant, then I can see why you'd think winning a fight against multiple opponents is impossible.

So this is your logic: I say that you can't properly train for multiple attackers, and the best course of action is seeking to flee,

You say that's false, and of course someone can handle multiple attackers.

I ask for any evidence of this, you can't provide any.

I provide a generic scenario, and ask how could multiple attackers be handled, but you claim it's too artificial so you won't even respond. You say it's too silly.

You say real life is too dynamic to have any sort of plan. But then you claim you can be trained to do so?

So which one is it? Real life is so dynamic you can never have a plan or training? Or you can be trained to handle multiple attackers?

Oh yeah, I forgot about all the ad hominems you throw in, the last vestiges of a moron that has CLEARLY been hit in the head one too many times. I guess it is true that boxers get brain damage - you're living proof!

The reality is that a situation where a person would be in a 1v1 confrontation, or Nv1 confrontation, is already exceedingly rare unless you're still in high school or something. If you happen to live in a bad neighborhood, or are confronted by a mugger, the greatest possibly is that your attacker will be armed.

So training to defend in a multiple unarmed attacker scenario is stupid. The odds are stacked against you, and you have nothing to gain. Unless, of course, you are in a high school fight and want to show how tough you are.

Or will you also argue that you are badass enough to take on multiple, armed attackers too? 3 guys with knives? That's a normal day for n.diazismylife "Jack Reacher" 1999.

Do you think Jack Reacher is based on a true story?

Who was that guy on the forum who used to say everyone was a pussy these days and how he used to beat up loads of black dudes in his incredibly tough neighbourhood and then got outed as posting his bizarre fight fantasies on Stormfront and then disappeared?

Who was that guy on the forum who used to say everyone was a pussy these days and how he used to beat up loads of black dudes in his incredibly tough neighbourhood and then got outed as posting his bizarre fight fantasies on Stormfront and then disappeared?

JohnSouth?

This thread is missing a lot of pepper.

I was in a fight against multiple attackers once.

I turtled and took it like a man. It would've been worst if there wasn't a lady screaming that she called the cops across the street. Yeah, wrestling didn't help me one bit.

Fucking gangs...

Back