Stray pit bull gets inside Charlotte elementary school, bites 7 children as they run

Pit "attacks 7 kids" and no paramedics were needed? Beta.

That's called clickbait. Everyone involved says flat out it wasn't an attack, the dog got overly excited and started jumping and nipping. Hardly the actions of a horrible beast that's out for blood.

I knew of a guy that if he saw a stray and it didn't have a collar or tag on, he'd pull out his rifle, shoot it, then toss the carcass in the back of his truck and take it to the dump.
I hope he's in jail now.

So your "source" is a lawyers web page. All the links in their "article" just go to other lawyer services. There are additional resource links at the bottom. Let's take a look at them.

Addition resource #1
Last year, the category that accounted for the largest percentage of bite reports was the pit bull, or mixes of that animal, at 26 percent, according to the city's designations for classifying dogs. Types that couldn't be identified made up the second-largest group, at about 19 percent. American pit bull terriers rounded out the top three at 13 percent.

Additional resource #2 is the wikipedia source for fatal dog attacks which overwhelmingly shows pitbulls are the #1 dog responsible for fatal attacks

Additional resource #3 is a dead link

Additional resource #4
The Pit Bull topped teh CDC's list of dangerous breeds, with 66 dog bite-related deaths from 1979-1988

Additional resource #5 is a dead link

I'm surprised Chows aren't higher on the list to be honest.
I think every Chow I've ever seen was tied to a tree with about 10 feet of rope.

This probably helps with that.

I'm surprised Chows aren't higher on the list to be honest.

Who has a chow anymore? Do you guys ( particularly the peasant that posted the list you're referring to) know how percentages work ? Labs are THE most popular dog in the country , where pits are largely relegated to ged earners and social underachievers.

Also , if like to see how the fatal dog attacks stack up by breed. I doubt anyone will be as forth coming with that list.

Timmy getting nipped and getting 2 stitches isn't at all analagous to killing and eating your owner.

If that had been Mark Wahlberg's kids school he would have bust through the window and bit that pit bull back till it died. <33>

Since zero adults were injured, did the teacher run like a bitch or were they the one that got the pit out of the class?

Also the kids got nipped, not bit.

Seven children were bitten and scratched Monday afternoon after a stray male pit bull got into a southeast Charlotte elementary school and began chasing students as they fled for cover.

A statement sent out by the Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools reported the injuries were not life threatening. Paramedics were not called to the scene.

The incident happened at Lansdowne Elementary School shortly before 1:30 p.m. The school, located between Providence and Sardis roads, is for children in kindergarten through grade five

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article205992424.html#storylink=cpy

This is the first time that a pitbull has ever randomly attacked.

Give them a break, it's not the breed.

Let me guess - you have owned or known zero pit bulls but enjoy making blanket statements.

LOL at this ludicrousness. It's like saying "He never had chicken pox, he doesn't know how terrible it is."

I don't need to have used an AK-47 to know that it's not a good idea for 1000 of these to be in Compton or Oakland.

If anything, owning and caring for a Pit bull makes that person biased. You can't make an objective judgement about this matter because you like them. Reminder: most people who ever get Pits do it to look tough or dangerous- they don't care for them properly. The people who acquire them to look tough will always outnumber responsible Pit owners.

Sgt Dipshit signs into every pit ull thread to spread slanderous hate. He's basically to pitbulls as right wing white trash are to civil justice.

If what you mean by "Slanderous hate" is unretortable facts, then it is true. I have posted the Time magazine article several times in Pit bull threads. No one has properly deconstruced to it ever. Say it with me: "Breed Specific".

And it is Staff Seargent aka SSgt. Get it right.

http://time.com/2891180/kfc-and-the-pit-bull-attack-of-a-little-girl/

Facts are facts. Pit bulls were bred to fight. Tough guy dumbasses tend to acquire the breed to show off and take little care of it. The media can exaggerate all they want, but that's a bad combination.

I don't know why that is so hard for people to understand. Then again, grown adults seem to have problems with 3rd grade English (and get pissy when corrected).

The only thing you are doing right is calling me Sir.

It's not hard to understand as you say, but you make it sound as if the majority of dog breeds weren't bred to fight/kill/attack some other living creature. Pit bulls don't have a monopoly on being bred for violence.

The population of Pits compared to Labs is very low because of the ban. And yet they still manage to place second on that list.

Not true, but you probably won't believe me. Do you think those "tough guy dumbasses" are actually registering their dogs?

"Good dawg! He aint hurt nobody eva! Pit Bulls are ooooooohhhhh the sweetest thangs!"....."Dog was just trying to get home safe to his family." Did I cover both the bases?

Did I misread the part about how he so viciously attacked those kids that they didn't even call paramedics? He must have straight up eviscerated them.

Not long ago I saw this kid, late teens early 20s walking down the street with a Pit bull on a huge chain like this: He was trying really hard to be tough, and ghetto, of course the dog was tryin to bust loose, but He just had moron written all over him. This was in a suburb. You could tell he knew people were looking at him like an imbecile, and he was!

8e69bc31ebf3970255b4e7bb348177b4--blue-pits-pretty-boys.jpg

First time I ever saw such a thing in real life.

On the other hand the smoothest coolest *dog* I ever saw was this big Wolf Hybrid being walked by a skinny chick in a State Park near Houston. I mean she wasn't walking it, the thing was with her. No Leash. Other dogs were there too.

Anyway as it was walking beside her, and I was passing the other way the Wolf looked up, instantly sized me up, and disregarded me all in a glance! Like I didn't even exist. I was effectively scoffed at by this thing.

It was one confident Motherfucker! And there was a sharpness and wisdom in its disregarding gaze like no other dog I've ever seen. It had very understated but understandable expressions.

It was one Cool Creature. Chick was better looking than this one.

It looked almost exactly like this thing, except its eyes were more yellow.
5d9976413c2ecb09f9f5b3a7f651c059.jpg

0af2ec31433edbddce4092b3ee0f0949.jpg

You wouldn't want to cross this thing....

Last edited:
Seven children were bitten and scratched Monday afternoon after a stray male pit bull got into a southeast Charlotte elementary school and began chasing students as they fled for cover.

A statement sent out by the Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools reported the injuries were not life threatening. Paramedics were not called to the scene.

The incident happened at Lansdowne Elementary School shortly before 1:30 p.m. The school, located between Providence and Sardis roads, is for children in kindergarten through grade five

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article205992424.html#storylink=cpy

And here we go again....

3952245.jpg

mean-dog-bite-1.jpg

Member my epic thread...

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/dogs-of-peace-strike-again.3677083/

<{hughesimpress}> .

It's not hard to understand as you say, but you make it sound as if the majority of dog breeds weren't bred to fight/kill/attack some other living creature. Pit bulls don't have a monopoly on being bred for violence.

Not true, but you probably won't believe me. Do you think those "tough guy dumbasses" are actually registering their dogs?

Did I misread the part about how he so viciously attacked those kids that they didn't even call paramedics? He must have straight up eviscerated them.

Others breeds such as the Rotty have a violent streak, sure, but they were bred for centuries to be guard dogs/military dogs. Discipline is enforced and selective aggression against threats is instilled. Bulldogs and Bull terriers were for rat baiting. Were they selected for pit fighting? Yes, sometimes. Pit bulls on the other hand, were bred for pit fighting. Selectiveness was given to those which of the litter can unleash the most damage. That makes Pits intolerable in the sense these things, raised by derelicte owners, just can't run around in neighborhoods with kids.

The Labs/Pit bulls statistics are very skewed is what I was saying. Unless you see the actual number of dogs in that area registered or not, which you don't, you can't make a ruling based on percentages.

Not long ago I saw this kid, late teens early 20s walking down the street with a Pit bull on a huge chain like this: He was trying really hard to be tough, and ghetto, of course the dog was tryin to bust loose, but He just had moron written all over him. This was in a suburb. You could tell he knew people were looking at him like an imbecile, and he was!

8e69bc31ebf3970255b4e7bb348177b4--blue-pits-pretty-boys.jpg

First time I ever saw such a thing in real life.

On the other hand the smoothest coolest *dog* I ever saw was this big Wolf Hybrid being walked by a skinny chick in a State Park near Houston. I mean she wasn't walking it, the thing was with her. No Leash. Other dogs were there too.

Anyway as it was walking beside her, and I was passing the other way the Wolf looked up, instantly sized me up, and disregarded me all in a glance! Like I didn't even exist. I was effectively scoffed at by this thing.

It was one confident Motherfucker! And there was a sharpness and wisdom in its disregarding gaze like no other dog I've ever seen. It had very understated but understandable expressions.

It was one Cool Creature. Chick was better looking than this one.

It looked almost exactly like this thing, except its eyes were more yellow.
5d9976413c2ecb09f9f5b3a7f651c059.jpg

0af2ec31433edbddce4092b3ee0f0949.jpg

You wouldn't want to cross this thing....

you bet.
actually been around wolves before. they're cool as long as you have food, but don't be fooled. when there's no food, you become the potential food. still awesome

they're not dogs

Back