Media Strawweight queen Joanna Jedrzejczyk gives not-so-Thug Rose a ultimatum

Rose ain't beating Andrade or Suarez, so Joanna is looking towards the new champ. Really she needs to stay at 125 though.

Joanna is being remarkably generous with the four months, UFC should strip Rose by 13th January if they apply the same timescale as when they stripped Nicco Montano.
i love andrade and would love to see her champ, but if rose can keep it standing and stop that takedown it should be alright for rose, also rose is much taller and could just keep andrade at bay with striking from a distance. but andrade is a beast and absolutely demolished claudia which i was a bit surprised by, so who knows. will be a good fight, is it actually set?

Could be:
  • Fear of getting destroyed by Jessica Andrade
  • Reluctance to defend her belt because she knows she's losing it as soon as she fights again, and she enjoys the "champion" life now that she gets invites for random events
  • Some PSTD thing going on, i mean, she was afraid of getting out of her house after Conor's shenanigans
  • JJ inflicted long-term damage on her in the 2nd fight, it's taking a lot of time to recover
Probably all the above.
say what now?

The bus ptsd is nothing. Rose has some sort of injury before and she just got back to training again.

i love andrade and would love to see her champ, but if rose can keep it standing and stop that takedown it should be alright for rose, also rose is much taller and could just keep andrade at bay with striking from a distance. but andrade is a beast and absolutely demolished claudia which i was a bit surprised by, so who knows. will be a good fight, is it actually set?
Rose gets hit too often, doubt she can keep Andrade on the outside and outclass her like JJ did. As we saw with KK, it only takes one good shot from Andrade.

No, it's not set yet, Rose's still running, but not for long, she has 4 months.

The only thing left for Rose to do is sub her, that would be gold.

81c99f58656774cb85e34e4febe429ac.png
Why? he is correct. You can still like her, but she is in a delusional state of mind.

She IS NOT the queen of any weight division.

Rose gets hit too often, doubt she can keep Andrade on the outside and outclass her like JJ did. As we saw with KK, it only takes one good shot from Andrade.

No, it's not set yet, Rose's still running, but not for long, she has 4 months.
man i felt so bad for kk (mainly because she is just so cute! <{1-13}>) when andrade knocked her out, she wasnt in it right after the first strike landed!!

will be exciting to see if they fight, i was imagining rose implementing the strategy joanna did when i said keeping her at bay with strikes.

so with the fight coming up i think schev beats joanna, and i think joanna will go back down to strawweight, or if its a close decision there would be a rematch regardless of winner. hopefully the rose/andrade fight is set soon.

Seems pretty clear: Joanna thinks Andrade will demolish Rose, and I agree, theres too much of a size/strength difference there. Then Joanna comes back to 115 and takes the belt off Andrade doing the same thing she did in their earlier fight.

say what now?
She's leaving the house now, but in the months following UFC 223 she wasn't.
man i felt so bad for kk (mainly because she is just so cute! <{1-13}>) when andrade knocked her out, she wasnt in it right after the first strike landed!!
Yeah man, Andrade is just an awful match up for KK, you can't brawl with Andrade. Specially in the first round. You have to keep her away, to move.
will be exciting to see if they fight, i was imagining rose implementing the strategy joanna did when i said keeping her at bay with strikes.
I'm not sold on her ability to do that though.
hopefully the rose/andrade fight is set soon.
Agreed, can't wait.

I don't mind JJ's delusional attitude, but lets not encourage it or pretend it has any merit to it.

Joanna Champion has made public her ultimatum to her former rival Rose Namajunas. Timestamped.

As of yesterday, Rose has only 4 months to defend "her" belt, against the nº 1 contender Jessica Andrade.
6040c6daa0d6177bc1b6a5adc8ae9347.png

In case of Rose failing to fulfill it, may it be due to fear or some bizarre PSTD excuse, she must be stripped of "her" belt and then Joanna will come back to 115 and will rematch Andrade. Dana smiled in agreement as you guys can see in the footage above.
To me, it's clear who, to this day, runs the division.
cgxR01h.gif

YES!!! Max is looking fine!

The best is Bless
WAR MAX ! ! !

Joanna has got ahead of her a fight against a woman that defeated her thrice and she's talking shit about another woman who beat her twice, including making her tap to strikes?
I understand fighters need confidence, but maybe it's time to balance that with focus and a tad of realism.

She is in no position to set ultimatums. I haven't watched the vid though.
I understand. You also don't realize that we are speaking about the champion that built that division, that defended the belt 5 times. Dana likes her, always did. Dana nodded in agreement to JJ's ultimatum.
Rose has been out for too long, and as Askafan mentioned, Nicco Montano had less than 1 year to defend her belt, not being able to led UFC to strip her. Same could happen to Rose, and it should.

What's even happening with Rose?
8 months have passed and JJ is onto her 2nd fight.

she waitin on that big payout from Conor. if she fights it probs looks bad on the lawsuit as she can't be 'that distressed' if she can still fight.
at this point both these woman are fukin annoyin and I wouldn't bat an eyelid if either dissapeared completely.

Back