Media Strawweight queen Joanna Jedrzejczyk gives not-so-Thug Rose a ultimatum

It's not her fault that Rose is too scared of Andrade, who Joanna beat comfortably when was her time to defend.
Rose will be remembered as Joanna's Dennis Hallman one day. Joanna, on the other hand, will always be the greatest strawweight ever.

Joanna is gonna lose to valentina and be just another victim if she can ever make it back to roses level.

2nd fight wasnt any sort of ass beating. It was a good, close fight.

1st was a beatdown tho
rose2.jpg

Seriously?

yes, you showed 1 fighter with a few more bumps and cuts but how was this a beatdown? did you even watch the fight? I think Rose won the fight, but, this wasn't a beatdown at all. First fight I'd agree too, not the 2nd. It was a close fight with Rose getting the better of the exchanges. But Joanna was never OUT of the fight.

yes, you showed 1 fighter with a few more bumps and cuts but how was this a beatdown? did you even watch the fight? I think Rose won the fight, but, this wasn't a beatdown at all. First fight I'd agree too, not the 2nd. It was a close fight with Rose getting the better of the exchanges. But Joanna was never OUT of the fight.
I did watch the fight and I understand that through a scoring system that scores for strikes landed that it was close. But in real life that scores for getting your block knocked, Joanna lost. She took way more actual damage in that fight. She actually looked like she had been in a fight. Rose looked noticeably better, bc Joanna's strikes didn't do nearly as much damage as Rose's did to her. That's exactly why Rose won, and Rose didn't land nearly as many times as Joanna did. Nick Diaz volume punches don't hurt someone more than Melvin Manhoef bombs. It's the actual theory behind Japanese scoring. The punches that actually hurt win the fight.

I did watch the fight and I understand that through a scoring system that scores for strikes landed that it was close. But in real life that scores for getting your block knocked, Joanna lost. She took way more actual damage in that fight. She actually looked like she had been in a fight. Rose looked noticeably better, bc Joanna's strikes didn't do nearly as much damage as Rose's did to her. That's exactly why Rose won, and Rose didn't land nearly as many times as Joanna did. Nick Diaz volume punches don't hurt someone more than Melvin Manhoef bombs. It's the actual theory behind Japanese scoring. The punches that actually hurt win the fight.

again, at no point did i even suggest Joanna won, Rose did, I agree. But if you think this is a beatdown, I suggest you watch more fights. This was a close fight that Rose won. Thats it. No beatdown.

again, at no point did i even suggest Joanna won, Rose did, I agree. But if you think this is a beatdown, I suggest you watch more fights. This was a close fight that Rose won. Thats it. No beatdown.
I think you missed the context in my post, bud. I think you already know too that I watch more fights than the general schlub around here. If you threw out the scoring system altogether, and just based the fight on who got fucked up, Joanna got way more fucked up than Rose. I'm not even saying that Joanna stood there and got hit repeatedly and didn't do anything, I'm saying that her strikes didn't do nearly as much damage to Rose as Rose's did to her. It was obvious at the end who won that fight. I am not even sure why Joanna thought that she won.

Good, the saltier she is, the more hate she'll get. Clearly she knows what she's doing.

I used to be a fan of Rose coming off TUF but there's no doubt she got some of the most preferential matchmaking this side of Conor on her way to the title. She beat Joanna twice, proving she's better than her but styles make fights. She still hasn't fought a single top wrestler in the division since Esparza dominated her in the TUF finale.

It's pretty weird that her resume contains no Gadelhas, no Andrades, not even a rematch with Esparza let alone up and comers like Suarez who may be the best of them all. Rose might beat them if she's improved her grappling like she did her striking. It sure would be nice to see before another year is up.

prior to 217, jj cleaned out the division - rose was the only one left to fight. if anything it was matchmaking that suited joanna, not rose.

I think you missed the context in my post, bud. I think you already know too that I watch more fights than the general schlub around here. If you threw out the scoring system altogether, and just based the fight on who got fucked up, Joanna got way more fucked up than Rose. I'm not even saying that Joanna stood there and got hit repeatedly and didn't do anything, I'm saying that her strikes didn't do nearly as much damage to Rose as Rose's did to her. It was obvious at the end who won that fight. I am not even sure why Joanna thought that she won.
Ok buddy, but it's not like fights are scored, fighters come to ocatgon with tactic to win rounds, not to think how they will look after fight. It's sport not real fight

Well if you can't see JJ get wobbled in the fight--more than once and definitely in the fifth--I guess scoring rules wouldn't apply to your subjective bullshit. You should just give JJ all the belts, because even when she's cleanly beaten, you wouldn't admit she lost. Did Rose gas, or did she lose mobility from the leg kicks? Which is it? Because either way, she had enough to take down Johanna. If JJ was in better shape than Rose, shouldn't she have been able to defend that "lackluster" TD that put her on her ass? Shouldn't she have been able to get back up?

The only way you could have possibly even come close to making the round even is if you scored the leg kicks as much as you did Rose teeing on JJs face. And you shouldn't, because that would be stupid. Not to mention, if you call Rose's TD lack luster because it didn't lead to a sub, you'd have to call the leg kicks even weaker, because they didn't even sap Rose's ability to put JJ down. Easily, I may add.

Rose was ahead in points, but she knew a TD would clinch it. She fought smart. JJ lost. You should over it, even if Johanna can't.

What a discovery! Explain me please why every judge gave JJ different round? Huh?
Rose was striked with leg kicks and she lsot mobility from 2nd round. Rose's punches were somehow more damaging, but yet all I can see its' blood form nose and closing eye of JJ (nothing in her performance), and it could be effect of two strikes basicly. That's it. Numbers of strikes should be first and when they are very close we can talk about impact. It's sport after all .
Like I said Andrade damaged Joanna way more and damn 2nd head was growing from her forhead. Rose landed same amount of strikes like Andrade. Ofc JJ landed less on Rose than on Andrade, but still signifcant numbers more. There is no logic in looking at some mystical damage and like I said, it's jsut discussion for mongloids and will lead to nothing.
Proof of some damage are knockdowns, and that's it, not some bruises, blood etc. This talking about "damage" and how you fools eat that crap will lead only to more dumb decisions.
You bascly need one good cut in round one and you can say you won fight.

Numbers of strikes should be first and when they are very close we can talk about impact.
You do not know how to score fights. Plain, simple truth.

I would educate you, but it's clear it would be lost on you.

emotional stress from the bus incident...
You can’t call yourself “thug” rose and then claim PTSD from being on a bus where a dolly was thrown through a window not even near you. She’s claimed to not be able to leave the house and she now fears going out in public.

I love rose, but I’m sorry, if she doesn’t get her shit together immediately, strip her and let her get her shit under control.

You do not know how to score fights. Plain, simple truth.

I would educate you, but it's clear it would be lost on you.
no mate you have no clue, you posting some stuff about blood etc. I watch combat sports too long to not even to care about stuff like this, you'r point are completly subjective, because you based it on subjective things, and numbers are not subjective, whole talking about damage in combat sport is just retarded,because you can't measure it, all I know about damage of both fighters: they were suspended for 30 days, that's it, who broken what you will never know, so that's pointless ramblings are not really fun for me;
it's completly useless to judge fight based on cuts etc. because I've seen too many dominant performances when winning guy was more bloodied etc.
like I said Namajunas came to fight with aura from 1st fight and people thought he gonna KO JJ cold, it didn't happen, because it's straweight and in reality where you facing healthy oponnent Rose needed to land 30-40 head strikes in one round to even think about some TKO.

JJ is a heck of a fighter, but she should focus on this weekend. She has a very tough opponent in front of her and Rose is not available atm. Why talk about this at all? This is what got her in trouble the first time, not being totally focused and arrogant.
So twice she wasn't focused? Sometimes a style is something a fighter can't overcome. JJ has always talked this way her whole career and I don't see how it played any factor in the Rose fight. She just lost and I think she will be champion again but Rose for whatever reason has a good style to fight her. I don't think Rose will have the belt much longer. I think she is an easy fight for a lot of fighters in the division just not JJ for some reason.

Back