Straus vs Pitbull 4 booked. Why???

TheBrownRanger

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I figured I would make a thread bitching about this because nobody else is lol. Why is Pitbull jumping the line for a title shot? We just saw Pitbull vs Straus 3 and I just want to watch Straus defend against other fighters too. Pitbull's last win was against Henry Corrales, who did not have a single win in Bellator before that fight.

I love the Pitbull bros as much as every other Bellator fan but this being booked is bullshit.

Here are the contenders he jumped over:
Daniel Weichel - Is on a three fight win streak, including wins over Karakhanyan and Sanchez. Was considered to be next in line for the Featherweight title by anybody who actually follows Bellator.

Pat Curran - Beat Georgi Karakhanyan and Sanchez. His last fight with Daniel Straus was a classic. Of course, Bellator probably wouldn't want to set this up again as Curran isn't as exciting anymore. Why not do Curran vs Pitbull 3 instead?

Emmanuel Sanchez - Coming off a win over Georgi Karakhanyan (Anyone starting to notice a pattern? lol). Lost to Weichel last year so you can put him under Weichel for a title shot.

John Teixeira - Has a 4-0 record so far in Bellator but he lacks that big win that could take him into contention. Teixeira vs Pitbull was good matchmaking.

With all the people wanting Maia and Romero to get their title shots over at the UFC, you can tell nobody cares about this because its for a Bellator belt. Point is, Bellator shows just as much favoritism as the UFC. If you're looking for an alternative to the UFC that treats MMA as a sport, Bellator should not be an option.

After reading this, I realized Georgi Karakhanyan has been going through a rough stretch.

After reading this, I realized Georgi Karakhanyan has been going through a rough stretch.
He's like the Ricardo Lamas/gatekeeper of Bellator lol. I also think Georgi lost all of those fights by decision.

The question should be... Why not? All of their fights have been great... In fact.. The entire competitive triangle involving Straus-Pitbull-Curran is AMAZING.

Somebody on here was saying AJ McKee should be getting the title shot over Pitbull and everyone else in the division lol

Somebody on here was saying AJ McKee should be getting the title shot over Pitbull and everyone else in the division lol

Lolllll yea he's not there yet. Weichel is getting fucked here big time I think he should fight Straus.

Have Pitbull fight Teixeira and the winner gets champ. Than while all of this is going on see what happens with Curran, Sanchez and Georgi and all the while build others while McKee/Gallagher happens aswell

With Levan Makashvili beating Mirzaev he would be a great addition.

Also anyone know what happened to Febricio Guerrero ???

Last edited:
The question should be... Why not? All of their fights have been great... In fact.. The entire competitive triangle involving Straus-Pitbull-Curran is AMAZING.
Why not? There's more deserving contenders ahead of Pitbull. Pitbull shouldn't have much trouble getting back to the top anyways, he's Pitbull.

Curran hasn't fought any of those two since 2014. Him fighting either one of them would be a breath of fresh air at this point.

Bellator's main events have been so awful lately that I no longer care about what is fair and just want to see an exciting fight.

So Straus can defend his title until he retires.

because why fucking not. what else they got?

Haven't really watched Bellator in 2 years and I feel like nothings changed, I guess other than that big Fedor fight that went down last month.

Did you just read the thread title and nothing else? lol

haha i read it, but still, like really who else? they need to pull people in and pitbull is a name. it sucks but i truly believe if they had a better option they would have went with it.

I really don't get it either. Pitbull brothers are my favorites. But it is not like either of them are huge draws.

I have seen some media say they are trying to do Pitbull vs Chandler 2 on the same card. So maybe that gimmick would sell.

But alone with just Pitbull its not like this is some big ratings fight. Weichel should have gotten the fight.

Still. All their fights have been great so I don't mind. But two guys fighting for a forth time when the challengee quite clearly isn't the number one contender is lame as fuck.

John texiara and daniel weichel are both more deserving for sure sanchez could use another win and id say the same for him need fresh matchups for that belt the division has alot of good guys comin up with galhager and mckee , noad lahmet , chinzo machida already has two wins in that division as well who knows what it could like next year

This rematch will be exciting and Bellator desperately need that. Plus, Pitbull's track record with main events and ratings are good. Why wouldn't you want to put him in the next title fight?

They will probably match Teixeira up with Curran again. If he wins, there's you're next challenger.

Pitbull is coming off a loss and is 1-2 in his last 3 fights. You actually think he deserves rematch #4 right now?? LOL

Pitbull is coming off a loss and is 1-2 in his last 3 fights. You actually think he deserves rematch #4 right now?? LOL

Did i say that? But more deserving then freakin AJ McKee? 1000%

Weichel is who should be fighting for the belt.

Did i say that? But more deserving then freakin AJ McKee? 1000%

Weichel is who should be fighting for the belt.

Why is 1-3 more deserving than a 7 fight win streak?

And Weichel should get the shot, but it seems like Bellator doesn't give a damn about him. Either way, it should be anyone other than Pitbull. We've seen that fight 3 times now, and he's coming off of a loss.

Why is 1-3 more deserving than a 7 fight win streak?

And Weichel should get the shot, but it seems like Bellator doesn't give a damn about him. Either way, it should be anyone other than Pitbull. We've seen that fight 3 times now, and he's coming off of a loss.

Because nobody in that 7 fight win streak has a pulse and McKee would get slept by Pitbull in 20 seconds.

Trust me im not saying Pitbull should be fighting for a belt, but I also don't really put much stock in the Bendo fight as he was winning before a fluke injury. His last fight at FW was a win over Corrales, a guy McKee wouldn't beat.

Back