Locked Stranger Things (Season 2 Premieres Oct. 27, 2017)

How would you rate season one?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone who has watched alot of anime (elfen lied, Akira). This show seemed cliché to me. The whole parallel dimension thing is played out too. Its like event horizon meets akira, but set in the 70s for some pointless reason. 6 or 7/10

6/10. I think without the 80s nostalgia and the wonderful music sscore, it will be your typical CW teen show

tumblr_obyu3oGwOc1qaiuijo1_400.gif

GOAT title screen.

8/10

Better than good but not quite great.

The parts that I enjoyed the most were the kids just being kids in the 80s. The scenes in the upside down world were actually the least interesting to me.

Eleven is a great character. The acting is excellent across the board, though Winona's character is a bit too one-note.

Being a huge fan of the 80s and actually living through them, the show totally sucked ass. It was like someone's idea of what the 80s was by ripping off a bunch of 80s shit. If you want to see a true throwback to the 80s watch Freaks and Geeks.

giphy.gif

Why? It sucks. I watch 80s movie multiple times a week.
1st off, people---especially kids--did not talk like that in the 80s.
2nd it just tries to put the most popular product placement like Trapper Keeper in there but none of the ordinary shit of the time. What Freaks and Geeks....that is what the early 80s was like.
3rd off, did they even fucking watch MTV yet?
Where are the Madonna rubber bracelets? Where is some kid playing Dark Tower? Oh, and that was terrible on what they did to Dungeons and Dragons.
Did they make it to an arcade yet even???

I am like 4 episodes into it and will try to finish it just to take a bigger shit on it.

The writer/director was born in like 89 and has no idea of what the 80s were like at all....other than he can rip off ET, Firestarter, and maybe the Blob remake....but in a totally shitty way. The whole plot was totally cobbled from other movies.

This show painfully sucks and you should know better because I know your ass was a kid in the 80s.

Didn't care for it. Seemed like a bunch of set pieces strung together by a weak story.

Having said that, I'll still probably hate watch the second season.

9/10

Great acting, story, atmosphere, cinematography

I like how there were 3 age groups with their own storyline and set of conflicts that overlapped and were necessary to the overall plot

Hyped for season 2

That is one thing I really enjoyed about it. Four parallel plots running at once (the kids, the teens, the adults, the government guys) and they all converged in the finale. Great stuff, I only wish I could write out plots that intricately.

Why? It sucks. I watch 80s movie multiple times a week.
2nd it just tries to put the most popular product placement like Trapper Keeper in there but none of the ordinary shit of the time. What Freaks and Geeks....that is what the early 80s was like.
3rd off, did they even fucking watch MTV yet?
Where are the Madonna rubber bracelets? Where is some kid playing Dark Tower? Oh, and that was terrible on what they did to Dungeons and Dragons.
Did they make it to an arcade yet even???

I am like 4 episodes into it and will try to finish it just to take a bigger shit on it.

The writer/director was born in like 89 and has no idea of what the 80s were like at all....other than he can rip off ET, Firestarter, and maybe the Blob remake....but in a totally shitty way. The whole plot was totally cobbled from other movies.

This show painfully sucks and you should know better because I know your ass was a kid in the 80s.

Tell me something that you like about the show.

Just started watching it, just watched episode 2. So far it's pretty awesome.

I voted 9. 10/10 is reserved for
Absolutely amazing such as Girl Meets World (RIP)

Being a huge fan of the 80s and actually living through them, the show totally sucked ass. It was like someone's idea of what the 80s was by ripping off a bunch of 80s shit. If you want to see a true throwback to the 80s watch Freaks and Geeks.
I lived through the 80's too and this was much more like my childhood than Freaks And Geeks was

I lived through the 80's too and this was much more like my childhood than Freaks And Geeks was

How old were you in 1980? F&G hits the early 80s exactly.

Also, what in ST was like your childhood? Bitches with telekinesis? Aliens? The little fuckers were not even playing D&D right ffs! I am midway through ep4 officially.

I think the kids talked the way kids in the movies made in 80's would've talked. Goonies comes to mind, though I haven't seen that one in a while.

Update: July 10, 2017

New STRANGER THINGS Season 2 Poster and Teaser, Premieres Oct. 27, 2017 on Netflix

GCTZIkY.jpg

I'm afraid they are going to get too visual and CGI based. The show was best when it harkened towards the old-school horror letting you build it with imagination. Actually seeing the demon thing was less scary than when it was just some mystery thingy

Update: July 22, 2017

Comic-Con Trailer for STRANGER THINGS Season 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back