Story of the Century: Xanda, son of Cecil the lion, killed by hunters

Humans are locusts. I think it is time for the earth to rebalance nature.
You act as if lions don't eat their young, or don't just kill things for fun.

Lions and cats are cunt creatures. Just because they have a big hairy mane doesn't make them any better than insects. At the end of the day no creatures compare to humans and they are all on the same level below us.

Hippy dippy bars?

I'm not drinking anything in Africa unless it has a seal and a made from label saying not made in Africa.

Nobody is going to Africa for the food and culture. What fantasy world is that?

People go to Africa to cover wars, look at animals, maybe fleece some people of stuff they have buried under ground. Only one of those is touristy and that's the animals.

Hunting is not some massive source of income at all. Tourism is.

Who gives a fuck about lions killing people? It's not like we're running out. 4 billion on that continent alone.

You want me to feel sorry for people that encroached on the limited habitat of an endangered predator and paid the price for it?

Really?

It seems like you're grasping at straws here. Really has nothing to do with the money conversation we're having. Stick to one subject at a time please. Otherwise this will get messy.
Sorry for people that encroached on 'lion's land?' Uhhh, who's the apex predator of the world, king of the mountain, conquerer of the seas and the tamer of the jungle? That's right, we are. Kill the animals.

Yes, normal people go to Africa to go see the wildlife, but they also go to cape town to watch WSM events. Oh crap, Africa has large tourist cities? The vast open areas of Africa are third world hell holes, when they get more sophisticated, populated and common for people to live in, all that lush green crap will be replaced with condos and starbucks coffee buildings. You can stave that off by paying the land owners enough money to keep the land and not sell it.

You act as if lions don't eat their young, or don't just kill things for fun.

Lions and cats are cunt creatures. Just because they have a big hairy mane doesn't make them any better than insects. At the end of the day no creatures compare to humans and they are all on the same level below us.

Researchers used to think Big cats only tortured and dissected their prey in order to show their young the ways to kill and eat. Nope. They torture and drag out painful deaths more when they dont have kids. Fucking monsters.

I've always found it funny the people who whine about hunters. I know a few people who hunt and I can tell you they don't give two flying shits about what keyboard warriors think about them. Their rights trump your hurt feelings.

g3ib1.jpg

Modern technology has taken all the fun out of "big game" hunting.

Now it's pretty much just a controlled execution.

right.

they act as thought its some major accomplishment. id truly be impressed if they were out there with bow and arrow, or a simple rifle.

right.

they act as thought its some major accomplishment. id truly be impressed if they were out there with bow and arrow, or a simple rifle.
Many people do that. The issue is, unless someone is experienced you hurt or maim animals. Much better to take them out clean. Not everyone is a fred bear or howard hill ya know

Congrats to some fucking piece of shit somewhere. Hope the trophy can continue to boost your self esteem.

Self-esteem and prestige are important amongst humans.

maasai.jpg

Btw- the maasi do not eat lion meat

I guess I'm not against hunting but I just dont understand what you get out of killing one of these lions by luring out with bait and shooting it with a 308 or 30-06 or whatever caliber they use. Probably 300 win mag where you can blow his head off from 800 yards

Many people do that. The issue is, unless someone is experienced you hurt or maim animals. Much better to take them out clean. Not everyone is a fred bear or howard hill ya know

yea, i know some people do that.

the animals might be eaten alive or die a slow death in nature....so im not as concerned about their painful death. what pisses me off is pointless killing, and then the patting yourself on the back for sitting in a damn stand with electronics and a rifle scope that lets you shoot them a 1/2 mile a way.

People who take pleasure in killing majestic animals have character flaws.

People who believe animals are "majestic" are idiots. Can we make a list of animals who are "majestic" and not majestic so we can decide which ones to kill.

yea, i know some people do that.

the animals might be eaten alive or die a slow death in nature....so im not as concerned about their painful death. what pisses me off is pointless killing, and then the patting yourself on the back for sitting in a damn stand with electronics and a rifle scope that lets you shoot them a 1/2 mile a way.

Why is technology bad when it comes to hunting? Why do you use modern medicine?

To me, it's a sin if you don't eat it. But, that's just me.
What others do, as long as it's legal, is none of my business.

I guess I'm not against hunting but I just dont understand what you get out of killing one of these lions by luring out with bait and shooting it with a 308 or 30-06 or whatever caliber they use. Probably 300 win mag where you can blow his head off from 800 yards

You clearly know nothing. An 800 yard shot would be impressive as hell, Like, elite level. and what does it matter the caliber used? Use the size of cartridge you need for a quick kill on the game you're hunting. 308 would be rather undersized for a lion. 30-06 would be on the small side as well. 300 win mag would be the smallest I'd consider for an African hunt, but I don't see how you think the diameter of the bullet is such a strong negative?

By the way, I don't like trophy hunters. The saving grace is that in the vast majority of cases the meat is still consumed and the monetary benefits go towards other wildlife efforts. Still, I never would and I have no respect for those that do

People who believe animals are "majestic" are idiots. Can we make a list of animals who are "majestic" and not majestic so we can decide which ones to kill.
Baby ducks are majestic
5482da9e01287_-_mcx-17-animal-gifs-39950650.gif

I would say dogs should top that list of animals not to kill.
They're good animals that actually oftentimes take on their owners traits after a while. They're loyal, can be trained for work, protection, helping the blind, etc.and welcome you with unabashed glee every time you walk through the door. They're honorary people. We have a black and white Border Collie that's as smart and as quick as a fucking whip. Anybody that's had one knows what I'm talking about. They can be intense dogs, but very loyal, very protective. He's a good watch dog.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back