Stories of Rickson

Everywhere Rorion went in his life he had a camcorder in his hands. Instead of listening to stories why don't they show us more footage of Rickson?

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like most of the top guys from the last two decades have a story about rolling with Rickson.

Many high level black belts have their stories of him

He was overhyped a bit but he is was best bjj guy ever

He would have ran through saku

Nobody was "Running through" a prime Sakuraba. Nothing Rickson ever done in MMA ever proved he could do that.

Last edited:
Pedro Sauer has said many times that Mark Shultz was the toughest man he has ever rolled with..

Run through Sakauraba? C'mon friend. In a gi or no-gi grappling match maybe. In an MMA fight Rickson has not shown anything that would lead me to believe he could take out Sakuraba.

Saku was so far ahead of his time for MMA.

Renzo is the most well rounded Gracie to have taken him on. Renzo had better standup than any of the other Gracies (Royler, Royce, and Ryan) that fought Sakuraba and better takedowns. He had the best performance against Sakuraba and even though Rickson is an absolute legend I don't think he would have done better than Renzo in an MMA context.

Mark Schultz was dominating Rickson hard in his first ever BJJ roll but couldn't finish him off because he didn't know any subs yet.
Sounds familiar

Saku isn't a powerful wrestler with top control

Saku has a great single then catch

Rickson fought funaki yes both were past it but funaki was better than saku

Nobody was "Running through" a prime Sakuraba. Nothing Rickson ever done in MMA ever proved he could do that.
Wand I think would have ran through any version

But grappling rickson is another level

I'm a huge saku fan I'm a catch wrestling fan

He fought funaki

Funaki was better than saku

No he wasn't, nothing Funaki ever did in MMA is comparable to what Sakuraba did. Sakuraba fought at the highest levels of Pride taking on guys much bigger than him. Funaki`s career is a joke comparatively.

Run through Sakauraba? C'mon friend. In a gi or no-gi grappling match maybe. In an MMA fight Rickson has not shown anything that would lead me to believe he could take out Sakuraba.

Saku was so far ahead of his time for MMA.

Renzo is the most well rounded Gracie to have taken him on. Renzo had better standup than any of the other Gracies (Royler, Royce, and Ryan) that fought Sakuraba and better takedowns. He had the best performance against Sakuraba and even though Rickson is an absolute legend I don't think he would have done better than Renzo in an MMA context.
Renzo I agree most well rounded and when he fought Sauk even weight or close

It would have been interesting but rickson is another level than renzo on mat

No he wasn't, nothing Funaki ever did in MMA is comparable to what Sakuraba did. Sakuraba fought at the highest levels of Pride taking on guys much bigger than him. Funaki`s career is a joke comparatively.
Saku has bigger legacy as he's more well known

Skill wise funaki is better imo.. what made saku a god was his chin funaki didn't have one

Grappling wise funaki wins

I'm looking for DVDs featuring Rickson fights. I only have the 'Choke' documentary that manga released.

Anyone know what's available officially?

Wand I think would have ran through any version

But grappling rickson is another level

I'm a huge saku fan I'm a catch wrestling fan

You're a masochist is what you are. You seem to get off on presenting yourself, or things related to catch, or people who appreciate catch in general, in the most embarrassing manner possible.

I honestly can't think of a single good thread you've ever made

Every other sentence that spills from your keyboard is cringe inducing, that tars the objects of your 'appreciation' by association. A subtle sense of wrongness pervades the corpus.

It is my fondest hope that people ignore everything you say, and not take it as a representative example of, anything, really. For as much your own good as anyone elses.

Last edited:
Back