Stop trying to rewrite history with Bj Penn....

Fesaine

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Bj Penn was a great fighter at his era but saying he can beat khabib Conor or Ferguson is literally the most idiotic things I've ever heard. you can praise how good penn was at that time but saying shit like that is just plain stupid, like Penn never ever beat anyone that's remotely close to those 3.
Here's some hard cold fact about bj Penn:
Fact 1: Bj Penn got 12 losses and 16 wins.
Fact 2: Bj Penn best win is Matt Hughes, who won't even crack the top 10 in the current welterweight division.
Fact 2: Bj Penn got dominated by Frankie Edgar twice, and one of them is in his prime.
Fact 3: Penn never beat a single great striker and well-rounded fighter in his life

khabib would destroy prime Penn on ground. Conor would knock prime Penn in round 1. And Ferguson would 50-45 prime Penn.

Fact 2: Bj Penn best win is Matt Hughes, who won't even crack the top 10 in the current welterweight division.
Fact 2: Bj Penn got dominated by Frankie Edgar twice, and one of them is in his prime.
Fact 3: Penn never beat a single great striker and well-rounded fighter in his life

tenor.gif

Beeej at his best was a handful for anyone at lw and at ww,man you better still be on your A game.

prime BJ wrecks khabib

but gets killed by Conor

I do not think it is as obvious that BJ Penn is the LW GOAT like a lot of people say

Bj Penn was a great fighter at his era but saying he can beat khabib Conor or Ferguson is literally the most idiotic things I've ever heard. you can praise how good penn was at that time but saying shit like that is just plain stupid, like Penn never ever beat anyone that's remotely close to those 3.

khabib would destroy prime Penn on ground. Conor would knock prime Penn in round 1. And Ferguson would 50-45 prime Penn.
I don’t agree with fact 2. But I agree with your conclusion overall. I do think Conor would have a worse chance at beating BJ styilistically than Khabib but I do think Khabib beats BJ handidly as well as Ferguson. Conor is unique just because his ground game is his worst asset and I’m not sure his left is enough to finish the iron chin BJ had. All this is in reference to prime BJ.

Lol, it's pretty clear you don't know what you're talking about. So Conor would KO prime Penn who took HW Machidas best shots and even out of prime took a beating from Diaz and Rory with out being dropped or rocked but Conor KOs him in 1? Khabib would be in serious trouble too, both could potentially win but its far from a forgone conclusion, especially in Conors case cause BJ would maul him as soon as the fight touched to mat.

So fucking delusional

Oh and in case you didn't know BJ started his MMA career in the UFC, was fighting for belts by his 4th pro fight and fought nothing but the best from FW all the way to HW basically from day 1. This is why he is cut so much slack for his less than immaculate record.

No need to rewrite history if you were there to witness it. It was awesome.

A bunch of wikipedia factoids mean jack shit kiddo

I love Penn but I hate comparing different eras. Same thing in boxing, people like to talk about Marciano vs Ali but rocky would get fucking WASHED by Ali 8 days a week... doesn't make him any less of a great he just was the product of his era. the MMA game in particular grows in leaps in bounds... look back at fighters even 10 years ago and look how fucking CAVEMAN their overall game was (for the most part) the collective consciousness of MMA is easily the most rapidly growing and fastest evolution of combat sports I've ever seen in my life. Guys from the last era aren't likely to hold a candle to well rounded guys of today, the game simply evolves to fast. Thats why so many of yesteryears greats got phased out by fighters who couldn't hold a candle to their legacy.... game just keeps improving.

Difficult to say what a prime BJ is? (intended)

I feel like I've only seen a prime, motivated BJ once (or maybe twice) in my life.

But DAMN it was good.

Back