Stolen police cars

ralphc1

Titanium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
People stealing police cars seems to be more common than one would think. There was one locally here yesterday that a person who was detained in a police vehicle ended up driving off with the vehicle he was detained in.

I know they need to leave the vehicles running because of the electrical load from the equipment used but why don't they have something to prevent the vehicle being driven without an officer in it. Transmissions are electronically controlled as are engines. It should be easy to install something to do that. You have to hold the brake pedal down to put newer cars in gear. Most use an electrical system for this that could be remotely controlled. Another way would be to turn off the engine if the vehicle is put in gear without a remote key being inside. The officers could carry electronic keys in their pockets that would allow them to move the vehicle.

The Dodge Charger police vehicles have such a system that they call secure park. Why don't all manufactures have this. An aftermarket company has a system to add some other features to this.

http://www.hendonpub.com/resources/article_archive/results/details?id=5592

I've stolen LOTS of police cars!

They were all in GTA though. Does that count?

I would never steal a cop car. They must have gps. But I did steal a box of munchkins from an open window of a cop car. I was young, drunk and stupid, and the munchkins gave me a tummy ache.

People stealing police cars seems to be more common than one would think. There was one locally here yesterday that a person who was detained in a police vehicle ended up driving off with the vehicle he was detained in.

I know they need to leave the vehicles running because of the electrical load from the equipment used but why don't they have something to prevent the vehicle being driven without an officer in it. Transmissions are electronically controlled as are engines. It should be easy to install something to do that. You have to hold the brake pedal down to put newer cars in gear. Most use an electrical system for this that could be remotely controlled. Another way would be to turn off the engine if the vehicle is put in gear without a remote key being inside. The officers could carry electronic keys in their pockets that would allow them to move the vehicle.

The Dodge Charger police vehicles have such a system that they call secure park. Why don't all manufactures have this. An aftermarket company has a system to add some other features to this.

http://www.hendonpub.com/resources/article_archive/results/details?id=5592
Yeah, so about those fob thingies. I'm guessing I'd get dubbed for sharing which car/how to do it so I'm going to go eat my Raspberry Sushi.

First thing that came to mind when I read the title lol.

People are idiots if this is true. Chances are the cop has already entered your name into the system that he has started the process of arresting you, let alone the fact that police cars have GPS. So instead of getting a small offense that you can get past in a short period of time you're essentially guaranteeing jailtime for yourself. Best case scenario is you have to go on the lam and hideout since obviously they'll know where you live.

Imagine waking up from a hangover in a police cell because you got so fucked that you thought it was a good idea to steal a police car and live stream it on facebook.

Back