Stockton trial project with guaranteed Basic Income

Wonder what the demographics will be about who will get the free money.

so next year 300,000 losers will get money for nothing.

Is this a liberal idea?
You didn't even read did you?

Ca.
No more getting in trouble for knowingly infecting someone with ass aids.

Basic income

Fines for not using proper gender nouns

Sancuary state.

Lol. Watch em suffer

Is this a liberal idea?

Or people working full time jobs. Like the majority who are already on some
Government assistance. Like wal mart workers. Full 40+ hour work week already in the bag.

But In your mind they're losers.

Wonder how badly this may effect those recipients regarding taxes, both state and federal.

Is this a liberal idea?

Doesn't matter if it's a liberal or conservative idea it's going to become a necessity sooner than people realize. Might as well start working out the kinks early on. Might as well let Cali do that for us as well.

Good step in the right direction.

I like Charles Murray's idea. Eliminate all entitlements and benefits, and just give people the actual money instead. Money saved from bloated bureaucracy. Plus, who is better than the actual person to know where their money should go to? Win/win for everybody.

I expect this to go exactly like the Stimulus did, except actually worse as it's a monthly instead of yearly payment

When someone isn't good w/ money, giving them more isn't generally the solution. When your kid runs out of allowance, do you simply give him/her more just b/c?

Good step in the right direction.

I like Charles Murray's idea. Eliminate all entitlements and benefits, and just give people the actual money instead. Money saved from bloated bureaucracy. Plus, who is better than the actual person to know where their money should go to? Win/win for everybody.
Because lots of people will abuse it. Just look at food stamps, 23% of food stamps is spent on junk food and pop, while only 12% is on fruits and vegetables. And that is when people are forced to buy food, imagine what people will do with just plain money.

Entitlements and benefits force people to use the money on something that might benefit them.

Because lots of people will abuse it. Just look at food stamps, 23% of food stamps is spent on junk food and pop, while only 12% is on fruits and vegetables. And that is when people are forced to buy food, imagine what people will do with just plain money.

Entitlements and benefits force people to use the money on something that might benefit them.

Sure, but I rather give the responsibility of that decision making to the person rather than a slow useless bureaucratic body who wastes a bunch of that money anyway.

The abuse won't disappear, it's just that the people themselves will be responsible, not "the system".

Idiots in this thread who don't understand that BI is not an income-based proposal. And in the case of this trial in Stockton the money is mailed out to a random sample of the city's residents.

DHOVJnC.png

Maybe junk food is just cheaper.

looks like the Diaz bros are gonna trade that honda in for an acura

I'm very interested to see how this goes, but I think there is a very serious problem that will taint the experiment, all the other welfare in California. Hopefully it helps the people intended, but I don't think we'll prove this is a better model than the welfare model with this, and it may make things worse. One big thing that gives me trepidation on all welfare is giving people something for nothing on an ongoing basis and with no real accountability. I really believe that people do better when they have to earn things.

Probably going to be pointless. Previous studies already showed that people behave differently when they know that the program is temporary. To get good data, the recipients will have to believe that this is for life.

Still, overall interested in outcome.

Back