stipe whooped dana`s ass, but why he is so pissed off by dana?

Clownopotomus has virtually squatted down, and hot-carled Miocic.

He treats homie like a steaming pile of garbage.

Didn't want to pay him what he was worth, hence the long contract holdout by Stipe over the last year, and he rarely promotes the guy.

You could see he was all, "I'm taking my ball & going home", sour-pussed tonight when he was having to give the belt to Stipe in the cage.

Homies tomato head was about to pop.

I love this: Dana would probably not have entered the octagon if he knew Stipe didn't want him to put the belt on him. Instead Stipe inadvertently has Dana come to the octagon only to get publically snubbed with the belt, giving it to his great coach.

Of course not. I don't mind decisions, if the fight itself is good or at least close. But this one was not, it was a total blowout, where the other guy couldn't even move for most of the fight because he gassed so hard and the other guy decided to ride it out until the end instead of taking full advantage of it and going for a finish.

Help me understand then, if I'm such a simpleton, what was so great about this fight? Don't just throw that out there, explain the "actual nature of combat sports" to me.

Here, read this.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/s...ers-bar-i-was-at-loved-stipe-francis.3697213/

I’ll almost never take Dana’s side over a fighter, but Stipe has been notoriously difficult to work with for promotion, shuns fame, has contract holdouts, and clearly holds grudges. Yes the UFC could have and should have done, and should do, a better job of promoting Miocic, but I can see why they would want someone else in the role of HW champ.
makes me a bigger fan, stipe doesn't bend over and take shit from a million dollar organization, he knows his worth hes the best hw fighter right now who came a long way , we need more people like stipe

stipe already has great attributes for a good story line. hard working fire fighter from the midwest

Nobody gives a shit about some hardworking dude who lives on a farm. People want shit-talk and excitement. It sucks but it's true.

I don't even mean it like that, (Although alt right will lap it up). It's more to do with what the the target audience will respond to. Stipe is a relatable chill blue collar guy that's a part time fire fighter. There's so much material for a promo team to work with there.
Matt Hughes was bland as fuck personality wise outside of being confident. No reason they can't drum up interest in Stipe with him breaking records, and winning fights. The key to getting a guy over is relating to the crowd. The crowd shouldn't have any problems relating to a regular dude like Stipe.

It's a joke.. UFC shit all over Stipe.. in his last 5 he beat Hunt.. Arvoloski.. JDS.. Reem.. Werdum.. 4 of which were 1st round ko's..

You could argue all 5 of those could be in the top in 10 Hws of all time.. or at least top 15..

Yet you have UFC acting like Francis who has done nothing will squash him.. zero mention of the record defenses either..

Matt Hughes was bland as fuck personality wise outside of being confident. No reason they can't drum up interest in Stipe with him breaking records, and winning fights. The key to getting a guy over is relating to the crowd. The crowd shouldn't have any problems relating to a regular dude like Stipe.
You know I was thinking about this on my way home from work. How is it boring team athletes are able to be on cover of cereal boxes and sell sneakers, but the UFC get stumped when they try and promote Stipe, Edgar, Lawler, DJ, etc?

In the UK, football (Soccer to North America ;)) has some of the bland'ess fucking players on the planet. In fact there media trained to be boring and say the bare minimum when a mic is in front of them. Yet they have millions in endorsements.

There has to be a way to channel the same kind of promotion for the every man fighter like Stipe.

And on the flip side, Holloway and Woodley go out of there way to make themselves marketable, and the UFC ignores them.

Max is in the movie Den of thieves (apparently, haven't seen it yet). They should be pumping up the fact that they have a UFC champ in feature film, but I would never have even known he was in the flick if it wasn't for Max's instagram.

Nobody gives a shit about some hardworking dude who lives on a farm. People want shit-talk and excitement. It sucks but it's true.

I understand in the world of #'s/twitter diarrhea that shit talk matters. but there are still a large portion of fans that just care about what he does in fights.. as in he is a fighter i dont care what he does the second he steps outside of the cage/ring.

you barely saw the highlight clips of stipe breaking off good fighters on his way to the title...

Last edited:
...And THEN in the leadup to this fight they had the stupid slogan of "Nowhere to run".

Who the fuck is running? I mean besides Conor?

Seriously, think about that. Imagine if you're Stipe. You're on a fantastic win streak. You're poised to break several records. And then your boss, who stiffed you out of money, starts a campaign that is designed squarely to make money based on the ridiculous and unfounded notion that you're about to lose the belt and running scared.

I'd be pissed too. I wouldn't want to look at him either. War Stipe
Nowhere to run...

Let's also not forget Stipe signed the contract bout agreement to fight this guy and it was announced publicly in less time than it takes to get a fax to go through.

if stipe had lost. would they have done him dirty like they did with aldo with a backroom spy cam.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/in-the-age-of-conor-mcgregor-clones-stipe-miocic-only-cares-about-winning

"Stipe Miocic can honestly say he’s not sure he’s the champion the UFC wants right now.

In an age where superstars sell the most pay-per-views, thus creating the most revenue for the promotion, the UFC — and every other organization across the globe — is looking to build those athletes who put butts in seats and make people willing to pay $60 every time they step inside the cage.

Conor McGregor is by far the greatest example of this superstar stalking that takes place in mixed martial arts these days, thanks to the 29-year-old Irishman becoming one of the most talked about athletes on the planet regardless of the sport that he competes in. McGregor reached his status as the biggest draw in combat sports by a combination of his quick wit, loud mouth, and ability to back up everything he says inside the cage.

UFC president Dana White has often called McGregor a ‘unicorn’ — a mythical creature that probably doesn’t exist outside of the one superstar currently driving around in $500,000 cars throughout Dublin, Ireland. But McGregor’s arrival hasn’t stopped a bevy of clones from emerging in his image by either trying to talk like him, act like him, or at the very least adding the words ‘money fight’ to their vocabularies and then vomiting them back up as often as possible whenever asked about what comes next.

But Miocic is a different kind of animal.

He doesn’t talk trash. He dresses nice, but he’s not touting custom made suits that will be transformed into a clothing line for men. He doesn’t drive luxury cars. He’s not hobnobbing with celebrities. And chances are, you’ll never see him wear a pair of sunglasses indoors.

Miocic is only about one thing and that’s winning."
So many fans and media want egotistical asshats and decent, everyday men like Stipe are treated like shit by WME as a result. Makes sense...

what happened between stipe and dana that stipe got so pissed off that guy?
he was very clear... he took that belt from him away and he made a clear statement in the pre fight press conference.
Would be easier to type "I don't really follow MMA and I don't like using Google".

Because Dana is racist and hyping the black guy

So maybe Stipe fought a shitty (but dominant) fight on purpose, to piss Dana off. If Dana doesn't feel like promoting him and paying him well, fuck his whole PPV up with a boring fight.

Nah, not like this. If he had finished him, or even tried to, then yeah, but not like this. This is not how you create hype for yourself.

Ngannou was still dangerous right to the end, he threw some big haymakers even though he was tired. Stipe was tired also having to deal with a guy so big and powerful.
Trying to finish him on the feet could have set him up for a counter that would have lost the fight. Ngannou almost hit Stipe with a knee towards the end as it was.
If Stipe went for a finish on the ground it would have given Ngannou a opportunity to brake free while Stipe is burning up energy.

How many times have we seen fighters get sloppy going for the nock out shot and lose big time. Stipe is a smart champion.

How many times have we seen guys burn up big energy going for a rear naked choke and the guy on the bottom turn the tide. Many times.

By Stipe laying on the big guy and landing punches, Russian eagle style, he was diminishing the chances of Ngannou pulling off the punchers chance that was still a possibility till the end.
I could only imagine he would have loved to finish him which would have only made Dana look more pathetic than he already did.

It was a masterful job on Stipes end.

If Stipe went for a finish on the ground it would have given Ngannou a opportunity to brake free while Stipe is burning up energy.

Opportunity, maybe, but as tired and helpless as he was, I think Stipe should've at least tried a few times.

How many times have we seen fighters get sloppy going for the nock out shot and lose big time. Stipe is a smart champion.

I would've never done that against Ngannou myself, that's true.

By Stipe laying on the big guy and landing punches, Russian eagle style

That was not Khabibs style. If he was as active and relentless as Khabib, I wouldn't be here complaining about it. If he did what prime Cain did, I wouldn't be here complaining.

It was a masterful job on Stipes end.

It was smart, and effective, yes. But it wasn't a good fight. It certainly wasn't fight of the night material, nor close to being performance of the night like Khabibs was.

Back