"Stipe was never my friend..."

Sylvia gets shit on constantly, but in his prime he could have beaten a majority of the guys currently in the top 10. just the size and the jab alone were enough to handle a lot of fighting styles.

The only thing I held against Timmy was his laurel-resting fighting style toward the end of his career. The Sylvia who fought cabbage would definitely have wrecked most current HW's. His fights against Vera and Monson are some of the most boring fights I've ever seen.

People be propaganda'd...

UFC does a breakdown where they heavily favoured stipe because of his "close range power"... heard that term getting garbled around like it was a well known trait of stipe... people just gobble up the UFC propaganda. Is normal

Stipe fought way more carefully against Ngannou than he did with Cormier.

Which is completely understandable considering that Cormier is small and hadn´t knocked anyone out in over 15 years.
Good observation.

Stipe is nothing special. Ngannou is an amateur , who was gassed after 1 round, and Stipe could only decision him. Stipe isn't the GOAT he was made out to be, nor is he the bum that's being portrayed the last few weeks. He is just an average hw, no more no less.
That's what I mean.... only on Sherdog can you go from GOAT to CAN in one fight.

I still think he's in the conversation, if him and DC fight 10 times it would probably be 5 and 5. Him, Cain, DC, Fedor, Werdum are top 5 HWs all time in no order.
Even though Werdum beat Fedor, I wouldn't put him on an all-time list. He had a mediocre start to his career and a horrendous end but had about a 2-3 year span of greatness. Remember, after he beat Fedor, he went on to sitting on his butt begging Overeem to lay on him. Cain is an unknown because he got clobbered in his first fight with Dos Santos and got killed by Werdum. Miocic is the only one with the distinction of "most consecutive defenses" in the UFC's HW division, so he is up there, at least in the UFC greats list.

I just hope Stipe doesn’t retire. He’s really wound up about the bs Lesnar circus and I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s considering walking away from it all.

I just hope Stipe doesn’t retire. He’s really wound up about the bs Lesnar circus and I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s considering walking away from it all.
Would be nice if he ended up at Bellator. I don't think the UFC has a monopoly on the talent, anymore. We may be looking at a Pride/UFC situation where the talent is equally divided.

You must not have been on Sherdog after the Ngannou fight....
I think i was but not sure. Honestly i dont really pay attention to much hw stuff cause the division is just not impressive. I firmly believe the lhws are better and we have started and believe we will see them transition to hw and smash the division. Gus and Jones are better then entire hw division but i think they are scared of the big wrestlers lile cain, brock, blaydes. Regardless I this l both of those guys will move up a division in a year's time

People be propaganda'd...

UFC does a breakdown where they heavily favoured stipe because of his "close range power"... heard that term getting garbled around like it was a well known trait of stipe... people just gobble up the UFC propaganda. Is normal
I've said before, the UFC has paid trolls on this site.

Should ban people who put quotations around things that are not actual quotes. Didn't you motherfuckers even go to middle school?
I hear ya but they can be used for emphasis when used like air quotes. Or to distance oneself from a word. Stipe is the HW “GOAT” but just got his backside handed to him.

He’s a boxer wrestler. A good fighter. He shouldn’t
Be in any top ten hws. Many much better and well rounded heavyweights.

980x.gif

I hear ya but they can be used for emphasis when used like air quotes. Or to distance oneself from a word. Stipe is the HW “GOAT” but just got his backside handed to him.
I already explained that it was a Kenny Florian Quote!

I think i was but not sure. Honestly i dont really pay attention to much hw stuff cause the division is just not impressive. I firmly believe the lhws are better and we have started and believe we will see them transition to hw and smash the division. Gus and Jones are better then entire hw division but i think they are scared of the big wrestlers lile cain, brock, blaydes. Regardless I this l both of those guys will move up a division in a year's time
That's the thing, a lot of people say that the LHW's are better but they apparently don't think so. If they did, they wouldn't be starving and dehydrating themselves to fit in at 205.

The only thing I held against Timmy was his laurel-resting fighting style toward the end of his career. The Sylvia who fought cabbage would definitely have wrecked most current HW's. His fights against Vera and Monson are some of the most boring fights I've ever seen.
Who at heavyweight, now, could he not hang with in his prime?

In this forum, if you're winning, everyone loves you. Even those closeted McGregor fans.

Lose, and you're dead around here.

In this forum, if you're winning, everyone loves you. Even those closeted McGregor fans.

Lose, and you're dead around here.
Sherdog has the quickest flip-floppers... worse than politicians. How much of it is real and how much of it is the UFC trolling, who knows?

Back