Stipe Vs Prime Cain

ZekaPeka

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Since most likely cain won't be coming back to mma what do you guys think about this matchup?

Cain had some of the most entertaining and brutal fights period.

That gave him respect and huge fan base but after watching closely every single of his fights I just don't see him beating Stipe. Why?

He just drinks too much damage and Stipe has razor aim and power which is still underrated.
Cains wresteling? I don't know, he is more of a brawler than tehnical wrestler unlike Stipe.
Cardio? Yes its fine, when he gets super tired, he keeps coming unlike most of the fighters playing passive when tired. This probably wouldn't benefit him vs Stipe because look how it went vs Werdum who didn't go full brawl vs Cain and just used precise shots to chop him down. You can say sea level this, sea level that but Werdum took his soul in that fight. Stipe fought Werdum in Brazil and KOd him in first round.

Stipe broke the record of the most title defenses and had beaten toughest opponents on their highest winstreaks. That alone should be enough to not even count Cain in the discussion when in reality Cain is Cain because of him vs JDS trilogy but thats pretty much it.

Last edited:
maxresdefault.jpg

Cain has only looked good when he can bully his opponents from start to finish. He's a front runner. I don't think he would he would be able to do that to Stipe.

One of those great fights we are likely to never see

Leanig Cain

Prime Cain imo. He was a beast.

AssuredDifficultAsiandamselfly-size_restricted.gif

Cain has only looked good when he can bully his opponents from start to finish. He's a front runner. I don't think he would he would be able to do that to Stipe.

Kind of agree with this. Never really seen Cain come back from adversity except the Kongo fight way back...

I think stipe would take over in round 2 or 3 and tko Cain.

It would be interesting to see what kind of game plan Stipe and his team would come up with. As impressive as Cain's style is, is/was he adaptable enough to prevail if one part of it is countered effectively? We saw what happened when the wrestling had to be essentially ditched from fear of Werdum's ground game, for example.

Stipe all day. Puts him out.

Stipe wins I think but even if Cain isn't in his "prime" anymore he's still coming off a win and would like to see a fight with him if Stiopic gets past DC

We could still see it. Looked great against Browne. I think Cain at his best beats every HW to date, while DC could be his toughest fight but it'll never happen.

Cain. The guy that has been in his prime for like two weeks and some people on these boards call him HW GOAT.

Even OWGP Cro Cop who is a one night entity has had more fights in a range of three hours than Prime Cain in two years.

Stipe murders any version of Cain.

sucks that prime cain spent years of his career housing solely on matchups with JDS and Bigfoot. he should've been able to add so many more names to his list during that time but many HWs were in strikeforce at the time too

prime Cain got kod by JDS and floored three times in one fight by Kongo.

A guy with the chin, wrestling and straight punches of Stipe would KO him too if not give him serious problems at the very least.

Sea Level Cain wins this easily

Prime Cain FTW!
Since most likely cain won't be coming back to mma what do you guys think about this matchup?

Cain had some of the most entertaining and brutal fights period.

That gave him respect and huge fan base but after watching closely every single of his fights I just don't see him beating Stipe. Why?

He just drinks too much damage and Stipe has razor aim and power which is still underrated.
Cains wresteling? I don't know, he is more of a brawler than tehnical wrestler unlike Stipe.
Cardio? Yes its fine, when he gets super tired, he keeps coming unlike most of the fighters playing passive when tired. This probably wouldn't benefit him vs Stipe because look how it went vs Werdum who didn't go full brawl vs Cain and just used precise shots to chop him down. You can say sea level this, sea level that but Werdum took his soul in that fight. Stipe fought Werdum in Brazil and KOd him in first round.

Stipe broke the record of the most title defenses and had beaten toughest opponents on their highest winstreaks. That alone should be enough to not even count Cain in the discussion when in reality Cain is Cain because of him vs JDS trilogy but thats pretty much it.
C

Stipe. Cain had the potential to be something really special but injuries and inactivity stopped that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back