Stipe vs ngannou just shows how great Fedor was

Has he ended his career? He is still fighting and finally fighters who know how to fight. Fedor got KTFO by a 100 year old MW fighter.
He went 10 years before he finally lost.

He went 11 years before he was KO'ed. No other HW can say that.

Finally fighting fighters that know how to fight? Oh, so Nog 2x, Cro Cop, Arlovski, Sylvia, Hunt, Herring, etc don't know how to fight?
On the contrary, when Fedor would fight #1 ranked guys like Ngannou was he'd go to decision.

And Pride championship fights were only 20 minutes, not 25.
Nog was impossible to finish.

Cro Cop was only finished once in his first 7 years of MMA. He was not easy to finish until his body broke down and he became slow.

Fedor finished Arlovski, Sylvia, Hunt, Herring, Rogers. They were all ranked very high. Arlovski was #2 behind Fedor I believe. Arlovski was on a 5 fight win streak and had just KO'ed Nelson, Rothwell and decisioned Werdum.

Struve is going to be shot before Stipe is, and he's 6 years younger than Stipe. Age definitely has nothing to do with it.
Good point.

And everyone questioning Fedor declining and losing at 33? That is about the exact same age that Cain and JDS declined and started losing and those guys have less than half as many fights as Fedor.

Why does Fedor get shit but not Cain and JDS? Their primes were way shorter

Come on...You can't be serious comparing bigger guys (like Zuluzinho) with Ngannou.
Fedor was really amazing in his prime, but he didn't fought anyone like Ngannou.
Zuluzinho was pure body fat;
Semmy Shilt was only a striker with zero takedown defense and zero ground game and a very slow guy. Very easy to take down;
Brett Rogers was the closest to Ngannou, but way smaller...And he almost destroyed Fedor in 20 seconds on the ground...Ngannou is taller and much stronger and have a better chin.

And you have to remember when a fighter much stronger and taller (Bob Sapp) appeared, Fedor declined to fight against him!

Prime Fedor was surely a better fighter...But you can't be sure if he could destroy Ngannou. Miocic has KO power, and he hit Ngannou's chin but that monster stayed on his feet...And his few punches destroyed Miocic's face.
Of course Fedor could win, but not that easy...And Ngannou can knock out anyone in this planet.

Stipe doesn't have great head movement and he was dodging most of Francis' punches because they were looping telegraphed shots. Fedor was the least hit fighter in MMA when he was at the top... I have little doubt he would be able do dodge most of Ngganou's offence and tee off on that chin. Fedor would be the faster guy.

What was his record when he beat semi-prime Arlovski? Not the 'old' Arlovski that Ngannou beat. Fedor beat him and he suddenly was deemed a "can", even though, like Ngannou, he had never really been tested until his Championship fight. I posted about this before the Miocic fight that if Ngannou lost, no one would give Miocic credit because Ngannou would suddenly become a "Zulu", "Choi" or Rogers. What showed you that Ngannou was better than Rogers up to the same points that they fought for titles?
Francis has more than one meaningful win against reasonable competition. Rogers literally has one. In a fight that lasted 20 seconds.

Francis has more than one meaningful win against reasonable competition. Rogers literally has one. In a fight that lasted 20 seconds.
You say "meaningful win" but fail to mention who... Was the Overeem fight "meaningful" to you? Was a 15th ranked Arlovski "meaningful" to you?

Has he ended his career? He is still fighting and finally fighters who know how to fight. Fedor got KTFO by a 100 year old MW fighter.

He's been at the end of his career for over 5yrs. He was in his twenties when he was champ and a beast.

I hope you are not really down playing Henderson skills. He is a legend too.

Stipe got ko by struve who is the worst HW. Henderson would beat struve too lol.

People love to become nostalgic as soon as they see similarities.

Stipe showed wonderful performance, that's it. Fedor once fought in testing free environment, as soon as it was shut down - it was all over.

They don't want to believe that, though. Pride encouraged athletes to use steroids. There was no problem with it so I wouldn't be surprised at all if Fedor was on the juice and same with Cro Cop. What a coincidence that both of them weren't nearly as good as soon as they fought in America after Pride went under. There's a few other reasons but, I believe 'roids/PED's is one of them. Fedor has only a couple wins worth even talking about whereas the rest are against.. who?

Funny to say he's oh so much better than Stipe and every other top HW in the UFC right now even though he only has a few ranked wins like I said, and all these top guys in the UFC fought MUCH BETTER competition. Fedor was great, skillwise and in terms of his dominance and all that, he's definitely one of the best, but he's insanely overrated. I believe there's quite a few top guys in the UFC right now that would beat prime Fedor's ass.

Back