Stipe vs ngannou just shows how great Fedor was

HW division is probably the only division that has actually regressed in talent and skill. You have former PRIDE guys that are so far removed from their athletic primes still be in the top 10..

You have a part time fighter, that was stumbling accross with every movement, beat another guy who gassed himself by winging haymakers half way within the first rd, by using hs level wrestling to hold him down. They actually both gassed within minutes, except one wasn't as bad and had better technique. And these are the top two guys in the division.

It pretty much looked like the days of Tank Abbott. These guys can't hold a candle to the prime versions of Nog, CC, and Fedor.

Fedor is a legend, the best fighter of his generation.

Deal with it, kids.

Come on...You can't be serious comparing bigger guys (like Zuluzinho) with Ngannou.
Fedor was really amazing in his prime, but he didn't fought anyone like Ngannou.
Zuluzinho was pure body fat;
Semmy Shilt was only a striker with zero takedown defense and zero ground game and a very slow guy. Very easy to take down;
Brett Rogers was the closest to Ngannou, but way smaller...And he almost destroyed Fedor in 20 seconds on the ground...Ngannou is taller and much stronger and have a better chin.

And you have to remember when a fighter much stronger and taller (Bob Sapp) appeared, Fedor declined to fight against him!

Prime Fedor was surely a better fighter...But you can't be sure if he could destroy Ngannou. Miocic has KO power, and he hit Ngannou's chin but that monster stayed on his feet...And his few punches destroyed Miocic's face.
Of course Fedor could win, but not that easy...And Ngannou can knock out anyone in this planet.
Semmy had a ground game and unhuman grip strengh, Fedor couldn't really use his ground and pound because of that.
He was only submitted by Barnett and Nogueira, Kharitonov was the only guy who somehow managed to use ground and pound against him, nobody else.
I wouldn't be surprised to see a prime Kharitonov beat Ngannou and Alexander Emelianenko durning his very short prime would probably also give him a ton of problems, tons of power, size and incredible handspeed, he was sooo much faster.

66hfds.jpg

Fedor against much more decorated striker then Ngannou ever was. Just to make shitstorm in this thread even bigger.

I’m not picking sides but Ngannou beat Overeem who is much more decorated than Semmy as a striker being a former K1 Champ. This argument doesn’t hold water.

Yesterday just showed how great Fedor was . A lot of people were expecting the big, muscular guy to knock out a "smaller" man, bit instead the big guy was dominated, but not knocked out or submitted .

Now go back to pride days , where hw fighters were juiced to the grills, weighting at least 250 pounds. Yeah, some of those fighters were not that well rounded (just like ngannou). Then you have Fedor, this chubby , small HW who weights 225 to 230 pounds completely destroying, knocking out and submitting guys way heavier and bigger.

Pride Fedor would have raped Francis ngannou, and this is coming from a huge Stipe fan

People cry when the opponent misses 2 pounds, and yet Fedor was taking down opponents several inches taller and 30 to 40 pounds heavier , without making excuses.

Fedor is
Stipe would have crushed prime Fedor

Drugs also helped a lot.

If both guys are on PEDs and it's not against the rules then it's a level playing field.

Still gotta beat the guy in front of you who's juiced to the gills.

Why?

Seriously, I'm not even a Fedor "hater", but what the fuck does Stipe vs. NGannou would show about him?

People were saying that at a ripped 260lbs+ Francis was a next level athlete that people wouldn't be able to compete with.

Fedor is the best HW ever because he was beating guys like Nog, Cro Cop, AA etc... Not because he was beating big HWs like Zulu. Almost all the best HWs ever are 220-240LBs
Didn’t he get knocked out by a middleweight a few years back

I’m not picking sides but Ngannou beat Overeem who is much more decorated than Semmy as a striker being a former K1 Champ. This argument doesn’t hold water.

Also Fedor didn't finish Semmy. So its not really relevant to this thread

what? Semmy is 4-time K1 Champ.

{<huh}

what? Semmy is 4-time K1 Champ.

{<huh}
He's nuts. Semmy, Hoost, Aerts, and Remy are the most accomplished K-1 fighters by far. I'm not even sure Overeem is top 10.

Fedor fanbase has to be worse than McGregor's. McGregor's are largely just shitposting memers, but Fedor's fans seriously think he was a demi-god.

Being 6'5, 250lbs doesn't put you in better stead at all in the UFC where fights are up to 25 minutes long.
Stamina (which bleeds massively into intelligence), speed and fluidity of movement are reduced when you're a big guy like Ngannou and even Stipe!

Sylvia was really the only fighter Ngannou's size that Fedor finished that was really impressive. I am more impressed with Fedor finishing actual good smaller HWs
I'm a huge Fedor fan and just posted positive about him in another thread.

That said this type of insecure Fedor fan irritates me.

Yes all of Fedor's toughest fights at HW came against guys basically his size or around that 235lb-250lb range and he won those in hard fought decisions.

The bigger guys were the easier fights typically and yet people still want to act that simply beating a bigger opponent is the pinnacle of achievement when it was not. You were getting the easier fights.

Lets put it his way. Had Brock only ever fought guys in a 300lb+ open class and had he only fought guys bigger than him would that automatically be more impressive than fighting the smaller HW's around Fedor or Cain's size?

Because I guarantee you that outside maybe UberReem at 300+lbs Brock's fights would have got easier and easier if he picked only the bigger guys.

So stop, JUST STOP suggesting that Fedor fighting bigger guys what was impressive during his prime run. Those were almost never his toughest fights. And stop pretending Fedor was not a powerfully built guy and was just some chubby guy because shertards have this love affair with fighters with body builder builds. Tank Abbott was not a naturally LHW if only he would have ripped down and lost all that fat. That was not useless fat and was key to his power at HW.

Back