Stipe vs Cain needs to happen

It would be a good fight for sure but Velasquez has been absent for a considerable amount of time... Needs at least one convincing win before a title shot.

BTW why is he still ranked #4 after not fighting since summer 2016? Do i have my dates wrong?

would be nice but I don't wanna see a sea level cain again esp. with a bad back.

Cain needs a tune up fight.

He always loses a big fight after an injury so he needs a Travis Browne type of opponent before a title shot.

After that, fuck yeah.

I think healthy Cain mauls Stipe.

Stipe is basically a poor mans Cain Valasquez.

Stipe has a better chin tho...

yea you're right, cain has a ton of 1st rnd KO's in his career.

Man this sport has such a short term memory because I can't believe the Cain comments. Besides that KO by JDS in 20 secs, Cain is probably the best of all time. How the fuck could anyone say Werdum has better standup then Cain? WTF are you smoking. We all know what happened, Cain didn't get to Mexico city early enough to acclimate himself to the altitude. Therefore he was totally gas'd out in the 2nd round and any HW would of beat him at that point. I hope he's healthy soon cause he's going to prove you all very wrong.

Stipe should fight the winner of Bellator's heavy weight tournament.

yea you're right, cain has a ton of 1st rnd KO's in his career.

Not in that respect.

What we saw yesterday was very Cainesque, or AKAesque if you will :D

Do you think Stipe would beat a healthy Cain ? The one we saw in the JDS or Bigfoot fights ?

I'm aware, and quite sad, that Cain will never be the same... but we can hope right ? :)

I don't get why people hate rematchs that much, yeah Werdum already fought Stipe but we know that Werdum lost by doing a stupid move of rushing in, OBVIOUSLY he won't have a similar strategy and won't do the same mistake, so it's a totally new fight, how people don't wanna to see that? Werdum already earned his shot, while Cain did fucking nothing to get it.

Cain can fight Overeem or Volkov.

Werdum won both rounds and then finished him while being ahead at 3rd, and by PRIDE rules (damage) he would've won aswell. Cain only won like the first 2 or 3 minutes of 1st round but the beating he managed to took in the last gave the round to Werdum.

Werdum beats him again.

Lol that statement is stupid in so many ways.

In what ways is it stupid ? Enlighten me :)

You seem to look at Werdum from a very romantic angle.

I could say the same thing about your post, it's a stupid post.

Werdum got knocked the fuck out silly... why would he win a rematch ?

Maybe he gets knocked the fuck out for the second time... even funnier this time around.

Cain shouldn't get a title shot until he can prove he can stay healthy.....

He had two long layoffs as champ totalling 33 months of injury absence.....

I love stipe
but he an't get better chin than CAIN
u watch cain vs kongo
kongo threw some hook bomb in CAIN chin TWICE IN A ROW
but that dude just take him down immediately
in that point i knew other HW s f up ...........

His chin is not THAT better but it's better.

Cain has been rocked more and KO'd worse.

I personally think that a healthy Cain would ragdoll Stipe... we'll see what old Cain can do soon I hope :)

In what ways is it stupid ? Enlighten me :)
Stipe is better than Velasquez. He is what Velasquez noob fans were expecting their fake mexican to be, turns out he was overrated asf and has idk, 5 or 6 good wins, in a 10+ year career LOL

Not only that, but their style is very different, while Cain relies on his GNP too much, Stipe has been a boxing guy for pretty much all his career outside 3 fights. Cain won many fights because of cardio and athleticism, his boxing is not even in the same conversation of Stipe.

Man this sport has such a short term memory because I can't believe the Cain comments. Besides that KO by JDS in 20 secs, Cain is probably the best of all time. How the fuck could anyone say Werdum has better standup then Cain? WTF are you smoking. We all know what happened, Cain didn't get to Mexico city early enough to acclimate himself to the altitude. Therefore he was totally gas'd out in the 2nd round and any HW would of beat him at that point. I hope he's healthy soon cause he's going to prove you all very wrong.

Cain has some of the best performances of all time, yes. However, to be called GOAT in any sport you need to be a monster, you need to last LONG on the highest level and face a wide variety of different opponents. This is where Cain falls short and this is the same reason why Mike Tyson is not even a top 5 HW boxer of all time.

Stipe is better than Velasquez. He is what Velasquez noob fans were expecting their fake mexican to be, turns out he was overrated asf and has idk, 5 or 6 good wins, in a 10+ year career LOL

Not only that, but their style is very different, while Cain relies on his GNP too much, Stipe has been a boxing guy for pretty much all his career outside 3 fights. Cain won many fights because of cardio and athleticism, his boxing is not even in the same conversation of Stipe.

I'm sorry but I really can't take you seriously...

Noob fans ? Fake Mexican ? 2 time champ overrated ?

Who talks like that ?

i-literally-cant-even.jpg

Take care now, good luck with everything

I'm sorry but I really can't take you seriously...

Noob fans ? Fake Mexican ? 2 time champ overrated ?

Who talks like that ?

i-literally-cant-even.jpg

Take care now, good luck with everything
SF HW > UFC HW when he became champ, Overeem would have blasted him, cya mate

SF HW > UFC HW when he became champ, Overeem would have blasted him, cya mate

Huh.... I wonder why Overeem isn't blasting anyone right now ... oh right... steroids...

You are snowballing dude.

Check yourself before you wreck yourself ;)

Maybe if Jon can somehow get all this bs sweapt under rug which so far they doing there best to do that, then he instantly becomes the next #1 contender at heavyweight if he wanted

Nah, he's not good enough

How many times did Gustafsson hit him in the face? 185 or something like that...

Imagine what a real HW would do

Anyway, Steroids are one helluva drug

Cain needs at least 2 tune up fights. Let’s not keep making the same mistake again over and over and over again. This is just another example of holding up yet another division. Cain/Stipe anytime soon is a horrible idea.

Cain is one of my favorite fighters ever, he doesn't deserve a title shot. The dude shouldn't even be ranked. He was a great fighter for a short period but his body has failed him.

Book it in Mexico City so Cain can get redemption with his other proud people.

I think you the one who needs to rewatch that fight cause you obviously not remembering the first half of it. Cain was pressuring him with his boxing til he gassed suddenly after 3 mins which was strange to see from him since he’s a cardio machine usually. Then he went for a gassed out panic takedown an fell right into the choke. I’m not having a favorite in that match up,it’s just the fight that is the only #1 contender fight possible to make atm (imo). But I also mentioned how his team may want a tune up fight first vs someone like Volkov.

Last edited:
Watch the fight. That would've happened in Vegas, LA, Boston, England, Australia, or Brazil.

Werdum is a nightmare matchup for Cain regardless of altitude. But you can use the altitude excuse all you want.
I meant to quote this comment for my last comment, haven’t commented here in awhile

Back