Stipe vs Cain is the fight to make

Snolla

Brown Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
Who wins and how?
I think Stipe at this point purely because of being so active and the opposite of ring rust.

Stipe. The best competition Cain will have fought in 2 YEARS by then is Travis Browne...which by the way will be his only fight in that time frame.

Only Cain and werdum are good fights for Stipe

No i'm laughing at the mention of cain
He's a beast. Just an inactive beast.

iu

I'm giving it to Stipe as well. His MMA boxing is getting better all the time, and he can mixit up with offensive wrestling and clinch fighting. And unlike with JDS, the threat of the fight going to the ground won't be a massive game changer since his defensive wrestling and scrambling ability on the ground will inevitably be far better and he's been known to be awfully hard to submit. I suspect Miocic is getting to the point where he can outwork any version of Cain we've ever seen including the one in the last two JDF fights.

Cain is 0-1 against the current top 10 Heavyweights, He's had only 3 fights in 4 years where he's 2-1. So no, he shouldn't even be in consideration for a title shot for another 3-4 fights depending on who he fights,

Both are very similar but I think Cian is past his prime and accumulated injuries puts Stipe over the top. Werdum is most dangerous for Stipe although he failed hard in his last fight charging like a lunatic.

I know the UFC will make this fight because HW is a wasteland and they love rewarding AKA fighters for sitting on the sidelines while contenders knock each other off, but Cain doesn't deserve to be less than 3 fights from the belt. The last thing we need is another champ who never fights.

Kimbo has a better chance of fighting again than Cain.

It's the HW division, Cain could easily get a title shot after a tune fight again.

cain needs a warm up fight. rematch werdum at sea level then quickly get in against stipe.
cain vs stipe would be incredible. could not pick it.

Back