Stipe v. Minakov in Russia

Alvarez lost 1 fight and won 2 fights via split decision in UFC and then he fought for the title. And you wanna gave a titleshot to Minakov because he beat Tony Johnson? I think UFC learned that it's a bad idea to give a titleshot to non-UFC fighters even if they were champions somewhere - also look at Gaethje, not only at Brooks, Soto and Lombard.

Look who Alvarez has fought in the ufc. He's done fine and proven himself to be a threat to pretty much anyone.

I guarantee the UFC could buy Minakov out of his Bellator contract as he's been nothing but trouble for them.
No, you don't. This never happened and probably never will. Minakov said recently he wants to fight for Bellator again and Coker said they'd work with him.

No, you don't. This never happened and probably never will. Minakov said recently he wants to fight for Bellator again and Coker said they'd work with him.

I said could dude. Learn to read.

You usually wanna see your favorite athletes win, not lose in your home country.

I said could dude. Learn to read.
Yes, you still wrong, there's no way UFC could do that, it's 100% mental gymnastics. Won't happen mate. Minakov has to make them either release him or he has to fight until his contract is over.

Wow he beat Tomy Johnson!!! What an amazing win for the ages, bring on Stipe. Minakov is overrated and now your overrating his wins
Johnson is a good win if you know who he is, but is not about Johnson, is about Minakov overall record, he'd be top 5 by default.

I don't think Minakov would pass his litmus test. He is the HW Gaethje: great looking record but has never fought truly top talent, has wars with scrubs, and when he faces a proven long term top guy/gate keeper he will lose. Realistically, Minakov should probably be fighting at LHW, as he is too small for the new breed heavyweights and lacks the elite wrestling pedigree to pull off what Cain and D.C. did in this modern era.....heck, he is almost even too small for LHW and is like a chubby Glover.
Minakov is huge. He's short, but he's well built like a prime Fedor and he's strong asf, look how easily he took Tony Johnson down and mauled him. He's the real deal outside UFC. Would run through that Bellator tournament. He's definitely not the HW Gaethje, he had some wars but he actually has excellent skills and is very technical when he wants to. Kongo was a gate keeper, right now is killing it at Bellator and lost to him..

Yes, you still wrong, there's no way UFC could do that, it's 100% mental gymnastics. Won't happen mate. Minakov has to make them either release him or he has to fight until his contract is over.

Johnson is a good win if you know who he is, but is not about Johnson, is about Minakov overall record, he'd be top 5 by default.

Minakov is huge. He's short, but he's well built like a prime Fedor and he's strong asf, look how easily he took Tony Johnson down and mauled him. He's the real deal outside UFC. Would run through that Bellator tournament. He's definitely not the HW Gaethje, he had some wars but he actually has excellent skills and is very technical when he wants to. Kongo was a gate keeper, right now is killing it at Bellator and lost to him..
So he is top 5 by default but his best wins are a terrible fight vs Kongo and the suddenly great Tony Johnson. I like how you have built Johnson up in your own mind to give the win credibility, he is a fat, one trick pony who lies about his wrestling credentials. Minakov is nothing but a can crusher. Guy got saved at the bell vs an old fat DJ Linderman who almost put him out with like 2 seconds left in the round.

Minakov vs his last ten or so opponents
AuUGFy5.gif

So he is top 5 by default but his best wins are a terrible fight vs Kongo and the suddenly great Tony Johnson. I like how you have built Johnson up in your own mind to give the win credibility, he is a fat, one trick pony who lies about his wrestling credentials. Minakov is nothing but a can crusher. Guy got saved at the bell vs an old fat DJ Linderman who almost put him out with like 2 seconds left in the round.

How many heavyweights have you seen not get wobbled by someone below their level? At least Minakov beat Linderman and I'm sure he wasn't really motivated for that fight.

I saw that fight. He showed heart and the ability to overcome adversity, something every champ needs. Also, he clearly wasn't training properly, hard to keep animated when you can't fight the best because Bellator screw up his career, i totally get it.

And hey.. it's HW, Fedor got rocked against Fujita, didn't he? Not just a can crusher because of that. It doesn't mean shit, tbh.

And Kongo is a good win, yeah it wasn't a good fight by any means but a win is a win at the end of the day, Covington has like 8 UFC fights and most of them were boring ass fights but he's there top 3 at WW. Woodley is boring nowadays and is the champion ffs.

His best win is Volkov, and that's what makes him top 5 by default. You really think he'd lose to Lewis, Hunt, Arlovski and other top 10 guys like that? Come on. If you have been watching his fights then you know that's not true lol

I actually hope he gets a big fight first so he can get wiped out an we don't gotta have threads about him anymore. Dude went life and death with DJ fucking Linderman, an old, fat and short heavyweight with little skill.

Did Minakov fuck your mom or something?

How many heavyweights have you seen not get wobbled by someone below their level? At least Minakov beat Linderman and I'm sure he wasn't really motivated for that fight.
Linderman is atrocious and Minakov lucked out the round ended.

Minakov has gotten sloppy due to lack of comp

His wipeout of Volkov was his peak, he needs to be tested to get in the best shape

32 y.o with the kind of background he has, 4 Sambo world titles (twice as many as Khabib) makes him a future world title challenger without a doubt, despite the fact that Bellator still own his rights

Then let him test himself, that's perfect reasoning for him to compete in the UFC. Its not like his fans are trying to Conman protect him from competition. I want fighters to be tested.

Its obvious Minakov wants to challenge himself, which is why he wants back in Bellator if possible. Ride out his contract and be done with it. Even if he stays, there's big names in there to fight he probably wants on his resume.

Then let him test himself, that's perfect reasoning for him to compete in the UFC. Its not like his fans are trying to Conman protect him for competition. I want fighters to be tested.

Its obvious Minakov wants to challenge himself, which is why he wants back in Bellator if possible. Ride out his contract and be done with it. Even if he stays, there's big names in there to fight he probably wants on his resume.
I agree with everything you said, just saying that the chance of that happening like TS suggested is 0%
UFC "buying his contract" lol Bellator would never "sell" a HW challenger to UFC, they have a lot of money now with Viacom

I agree with everything you said, just saying that the chance of that happening like TS suggested is 0%
UFC "buying his contract" lol Bellator would never "sell" a HW challenger to UFC, they have a lot of money now with Viacom

That "buyout" proposition is definitely out of the window. If he's given Bellator so much "trouble" like another guy suggested, why do they still have him hostage? You can release dozens of fighters, some good Russians in the lower-weights, but you keep this one guy for what? Fuck Bellator.

You think Tony Johnson is in the same universe as Cain?

Calling Minakov a GAethje is no insult, it just means he is not champ material in the UFC.

Seriously, if you struggle with DJ Fucking Linderman, what on Gods green earth do you think will happen to you vs Stipe, Ngannou, Doom or Cain? I would honestly be surprised if Minakov beat Mitrione.

He is a great fighter, possibly UFC top five but will get hids shit severely caved in.

You think Tony Johnson is in the same universe as Cain?

Calling Minakov a GAethje is no insult, it just means he is not champ material in the UFC.

Seriously, if you struggle with DJ Fucking Linderman, what on Gods green earth do you think will happen to you vs Stipe, Ngannou, Doom or Cain? I would honestly be surprised if Minakov beat Mitrione.

He is a great fighter, possibly UFC top five but will get hids shit severely caved in.
Lol do you think Meathead is better than Volkov? Didn't Kongo beat Mittrione? Well Minakov beat these 2 who i know are better than Meathead.. I don't see where Minakov would struggle with Mittrione being real. Fuck it, i think Roy Nelson may KO him in the first round of the tournament lol

Again, that probably wasn't a seriously training Minakov, he didn't looked good but that's just 1 fight, he had another 19 to you make your analysis. Not sure what expect from Cain nowadays, how do you know he'd beat anyone in top 10, it being Blaydes, Tybura, Volkov etc? Cain doesn't fight anymore, he could come back and look like total shit.

Back