Stipe v. Minakov in Russia

LHWBelt

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
The UFC is trying to break into Russia lately and this would be a no brainer of a match up. Stipe's running out of UFC contenders to fight and Minakov is like 20-0 and Russia would eat that up, a hw title fight with one of theirs fighting the longest reigning hw champ. I guarantee the UFC could buy Minakov out of his Bellator contract as he's been nothing but trouble for them.

Would you wana see it? Would it be a good headliner for them?

The UFC is trying to break into Russia lately and this would be a no brainer of a match up. Stipe's running out of UFC contenders to fight and Minakov is like 20-0 and Russia would eat that up, a hw title fight with one of theirs fighting the longest reigning hw champ. I guarantee the UFC could buy Minakov out of his Bellator contract as he's been nothing but trouble for them.

Well look at Bellator champions in UFC - Lombard, Brooks, Soto. Alvarez lost his first fight in UFC. In my opinion if UFC will make this fight they are legit idiots.

Yeah let's give a guy who nobody knows a title shot in an organization he's never fought in smh. Minakov is sooo overrated anyway. Out of shape and sloppy. Charging in with some sloppy striking and head down gonna get him killed when he ain't fghting DJ Linderman or Geronimo dos santos

Minakov would have to prove himself in the ufc first before even being considered for a title shot.

this would be an excellent fight. Minakov is the only top 10 heavyweight that isnt in the ufc imo and has the skillset to make it into the top 5. a few years back i believed he would be a ufc champion one day.

i hope they can make this fight happen sometime in the near future.

Yeah let's give a guy who nobody knows a title shot in an organization he's never fought in smh. Minakov is sooo overrated anyway. Out of shape and sloppy. Charging in with some sloppy striking and head down gonna get him killed when he ain't fghting DJ Linderman or Geronimo dos santos
Minakov has looked off in some of his recent fights but this could have something to do with motivation.

he did look great in his last fight against Tony Johnson who is a verry decent competitor himself.

Minakov has looked off in some of his recent fights but this could have something to do with motivation.

he did look great in his last fight against Tony Johnson who is a verry decent competitor himself.
Wow he beat Tomy Johnson!!! What an amazing win for the ages, bring on Stipe. Minakov is overrated and now your overrating his wins

Stipe loses the belt to Cain so Francis helps Stipe train.
Stipe beats Cain in a rematch.
Minakov kills Francis If he dies He Dies.
Stipe chops down trees and goes to Russia and beats Minakov.

Wow he beat Tomy Johnson!!! What an amazing win for the ages, bring on Stipe. Minakov is overrated and now your overrating his wins
did i say Tony is a win for the ages? no i didnt.

read again and you will see i said Tony is a decent competitor. one of the better heavyweights outside the ufc and Bellator actually.

Minakov looked in shape and motivated when he fought Tony. his record of 21-0 at HW with 19 of them by finish prove he has talent.

Wins over Johnson, Kongo and Volkov are an indication he can hang with top 10 opponents aswell.

you see i can make an actual argument when i say Minakov is a legit HW.

Well look at Bellator champions in UFC - Lombard, Brooks, Soto. Alvarez lost his first fight in UFC. In my opinion if UFC will make this fight they are legit idiots.

Alvarez also won a championship so he's not the best example mate. I get it though you dont agree that's fine. I'd be cool with cain or dc too but have no interest in stipe/werdum 2 and blaydes and volkov are intriguing but not there yet which is why i suggested this.

I got vitaly. Not many people here know him yet

If anything Volkov should be getting a title eliminator against Reem, Werdum or Hunt. Stipe vs Volkov would be a solid Option B for a Russian cardif Khabib either loses to Tony or gets injured. Khabib vs Conor and Stipe vs Volkov would be a huge card in Russia.

Hoping Minakov is signed and makes his debut on that card though.

Too good to happen.

It would make sense as Minakov is one of the best HWs at the moment.

If anything Volkov should be getting a title eliminator against Reem, Werdum or Hunt. Stipe vs Volkov would be a solid Option B for a Russian cardif Khabib either loses to Tony or gets injured. Khabib vs Conor and Stipe vs Volkov would be a huge card in Russia.

Hoping Minakov is signed and makes his debut on that card though.

Minakov demolished Volkov back in 2013. Volkov has improved by leaps and bounds since, but it still happened.

If Minakov got out of whatever shady Russian fight contract he's on now, the UFC should do everything they can to sign him. Give him a fight or two before a title shot.

did i say Tony is a win for the ages? no i didnt.

read again and you will see i said Tony is a decent competitor. one of the better heavyweights outside the ufc and Bellator actually.

Minakov looked in shape and motivated when he fought Tony. his record of 21-0 at HW with 19 of them by finish prove he has talent.

Wins over Johnson, Kongo and Volkov are an indication he can hang with top 10 opponents aswell.

you see i can make an actual argument when i say Minakov is a legit HW.
Maybe YOU should read my comment again, I never said he didn't have talent, I said he is an out of shape overrated slob which he is. To base anything on a win vs Tony Johnson is stupid, Johnson is another sloppy out of shape heavyweight that's extremely one dimensional.

Minakov demolished Volkov back in 2013. Volkov has improved by leaps and bounds since, but it still happened.

If Minakov got out of whatever shady Russian fight contract he's on now, the UFC should do everything they can to sign him. Give him a fight or two before a title shot.
Yes I’m aware, but obviously Volkov is closer to a UFC title shot at this point. Minakov is deserving of a big fight in his debut against someone like Overeem, Werdum, Hunt, etc.

Yes I’m aware, but obviously Volkov is closer to a UFC title shot at this point. Minakov is deserving of a big fight in his debut against someone like Overeem, Werdum, Hunt, etc.
I actually hope he gets a big fight first so he can get wiped out an we don't gotta have threads about him anymore. Dude went life and death with DJ fucking Linderman, an old, fat and short heavyweight with little skill.

Back