Stipe on JRE: "I can't do it, I hate it" (promoting)

Weird is he said to DC I think, "No one is beating me. I can't wait to fight this guy" so he has confidence and if he just shared that honest confidence with people, I think he'd move the needle more.

I think he has something to be more popular.
Not Conor level "it", but certainly a bigger draw.

Plus he can be really funny

Heavyweight champ doesn't need to talk smack, defend the belt again and hes in the history books. They can promote him as best UFC champ ever. No need to fake trash talk.

Would you feel differently if you were regarded as the best author in the world? I would have to think it would be WAY more fun to go around promoting if everywhere you went people were licking your asshole ya know...

You mean @A.S. Deep isn't?

Heavyweight champ doesn't need to talk smack, defend the belt again and hes in the history books. They can promote him as best UFC champ ever. No need to fake trash talk.

Nobody said he should fake trash talk
Why do SDers have issue with comprehension?

Stipe doesn't want to do minimal promotion for HIS fights & people are discussing that

Supposedly Chael paid Rowdy Roddy Piper to train him in the art of pro wrestling promos. I believe it.

In Chael's book he was talking about all of the stress of a pro fight, taking you through the whole process. He briefly mentions how hard it is after you win to remember the script you have written for what you're going to say. I wonder how many other guys write a script?

yeah he's definitely a marble-mouth

good dude though

for sure

enjoyed that podcast

yeah because there are only two extremes to promoting yourself ...

Two?
Most on here think only one
Somehow they ignore, GSP, Forrest, Silva, Tate, Holly, etc & etc all made millions without a "WWE persona"
Amazing how many supposed hardcores have no idea what they follow

Two?
Most on here think only one
Somehow they ignore, GSP, Forrest, Silva, Tate, Holly, etc & etc all made millions without a "WWE persona"
Amazing how many supposed hardcores have no idea what they follow
GSP - whole country behind him
Forrest - I do not know guy really
Silva - long reigning champ
Tate - good looking women, rivalry with Ronda
Holly - first to beat Ronda + american blonde

GSP - whole country behind him
Forrest - I do not know guy really
Silva - long reigning champ
Tate - good looking women, rivalry with Ronda
Holly - first to beat Ronda + american blonde

So?
All of them are millionaires that had zero issues promoting & did not create a WWE persona.

Your post had nothing to do with my point

Stipe does not like doing promotion
Sherdoggers immediately start with "WWE SHIT"

I think a lot about cleaning the pool, mowing the lawn, fixing stuff around the house. There is just no room for drama in my brain

So?
All of them are millionaires that had zero issues promoting & did not create a WWE persona.

Your post had nothing to do with my point

Stipe does not like doing promotion
Sherdoggers immediately start with "WWE SHIT"

I have no sympathy for fighters that refuse to promote themselves or learn english, after years of fighting in the states, to help add to their fan base and connect with more people.

Back