Stipe Miocic vs. Cain Velasquez rumored for UFC 220

Great fight if it comes to fruition but the odds would be good that if Cain somehow won he would get hurt in his next training camp and the title would end up held hostage or vacant. He should have to get a recent win over someone other than Bigfoot or Travis Browne and prove he can stay healthy. Why would they give him a title shot given his constant injury woes the last few years? Why not give him the loser of Reem/Ngannou and give the winner of that fight Stipe? Then if Cain wins that fight he gets the next shot.

Yes yes yes.

This is one of the best fights the division has ever seen.

I think Cain is the superior fighter overall but Miocic is on a roll (momentum is on his side) and, his boxing is better.

Can't wait to see what happens.

Fedor superfan, but Cain at his best is a stellar HW and would have me sweating in a prime vs prime match up..

Would be great.

Cain either cements his place atop the HW division, or Stipe becomes the greatest UFC HW Champion ever.

I thought we are supposed to see who is the best fighter regardless?

I didn't say I didn't think the fight should happen, just stating the fact that Cain winning would be a disaster.

Stipe, any way he wants. Until the octagon door actually closes, Cain is just another liability at this point.

Cain Velasquez only has 1 win in the last 4 years, and it's against Travis Browne of all fighters.

So bad fight in my opinion. UFC continues to have no rhyme or reason making it hard to follow the sport. I think it should have gone to Ngannou/Overeem winner, or if they didn't want to wait Werdum.

So there's real MMA fans who support this lack of respect with Werdum, Hunt, Reem etc who are active? Because Cain had ONE fight in last 4 years and it was against Travis Browne, who is on a 4 lose streak. Shamefull.

Great fight but long layoff Cain is my least favorite, wish he'd had a tune up fight
Unless Cain comes in injured(always a possibility), I think Cain will humiliate Stipe.

Long lay off is not optimal but for this fight, Cain will have no issues.

So there's real MMA fans who support this lack of respect with Werdum, Hunt, Reem etc who are active? Because Cain had ONE fight in last 4 years and it was against Travis Browne, who is on a 4 lose streak. Shamefull.
Werdum, Hunt and Overeem are all pushing or over 40.

UFC HW division is a joke hence these seniors are still considered “top” contenders. Hence why Stipe gets so little respect as the “champ”.

If Miocic beats Velasquez none of us will really be aware whether it's a valid win or not.

Impossible to know what state Velasquez is in at this point.

LOL

Cain doesn't even deserve a title shot
Hasn't done anything to earn it

WME following on from Zuffa, thinking Cain is still a star from that Lesnar win 6 years ago

Good fight though, but someone will get injured.

If they don't make this Cain's first fight back he'll just get injured again and we'll never see it. Might as well happen now.

Back