Rumored Stipe Miocic: Jon Jones Fight WILL Happen In November At Madison Square Garden

UFC tends to cater to the audience for the location they will be at. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to headline in Abu Dhabi for 308 or perhaps Brazil for 307. 306 in Vegas might be an option but I'm expecting O'Malley/Merab or Topuria/Max to headline that one.
Where’d you get Brazil for 307? Highly doubt it’s there, think it’s probably an American city of some sort

This fight was already supposed to happen. And now they're waiting. Until November....... Hopefully that's because that's when Jones would be cleared to fight otherwise good Lord why do fighters need so many freaking months to get ready for their job?
Jon should be ready for SEP & OCT but it's not a fight that makes a ton of sense Mexican Independence Day nor Abu Dhabi.

Fortunately O'Malley, Pereira, Topuria, & Grasso are available for those 2 cards.

Who? A TON of people. I mean, it is the hw championship fight. One guy many consider to be GOAT (not sure how it's possible, y'know why) vs one of the best champs at hw....

Yeah, there's a big difference between "I don't give a F," and "I'm annoyed by all this BS so 'I don't give a F'."

I'll believe it when I see them both in the cage.

Even if it does happen in November 2024, it would've been 20 months since Jon won the title, and he'll be fighting a 42 year old guy that hasn't fought in 3 and half years
The HW division, due only to TKO UFCs incompetence, is in the sorriest state its been.
Jon should be stripped (again) and allowed to have his retirement fight with Stipe in a barn somewhere while we move on with the division and our lives.

Where’d you get Brazil for 307? Highly doubt it’s there, think it’s probably an American city of some sort
Perhaps Salt-Lake since they got bumped from 304 in favor, rightly so, of the UK? If they do squeeze in 307 before Abu Dhabi, which I'm not sure they will.

I'm just taking a guess because I presume UFC wants to put Pereira as a headliner. It could very well be somewhere like Salt Lake City.

november lol

Holy fuck Stipe looked like a walking corpse in the Ngannou Apex fight. The lighting/hair/mouth guard did him no favours.

lol funny pics for both in the op

Anyway I’m still betting this fight won’t happen. Way too many variables citing that one will fail to make it, which means both will

It was always gonna be either the sphere or MSG, only two spots that made sense.

Either way I think Tom defends interim in July, Jones/Stipe fight in Nov and winner retires and then Tom becomes undisputed champ and we move on.

Would love to see Jones/Stipe winner unify but they likely wont.

They either fight each other and retire or both just retire lmao
This is why I don't get it from the UFC's perspective. There's probably a 99% chance they both retire afterwards so why hold up the entire division this long with your defacto champ defending an interim belt? It's ridiculous.

I have to wonder at this point HOW MANY BULLION TRUCKS the UFC has promised to deliver to Miocic and to Jones for this fight.

I feel it's prob 5 to 10million each guaranteed, plus a share of the PPV revenue.
I mean it's a massive payday and I think that's why they're both just chilling out and waiting til it happens.

I expect Jones to sub Miocic in first 2 rounds and collect boatloads of $$$$$$ and then come up with some post-fighgt Octagon speech like.... :
"I have achieved everything I can, Champ at LHW, Champ at HW, I just beat the Greatest UFC HW of all time and so it's Goodnight and Goodbye from me. Thank you Hunter for everything".

It was always gonna be either the sphere or MSG, only two spots that made sense.

Either way I think Tom defends interim in July, Jones/Stipe fight in Nov and winner retires and then Tom becomes undisputed champ and we move on.

Would love to see Jones/Stipe winner unify but they likely wont.
The SPHERE !!! now....that could be it. Makes some sense to have Miocic v Jones as the Main Event. That or MSG, yup.

The real champ is Aspinal , idc about this fight
All i will remember of Jones is his defeat against Reyes and his ducking on Ngannou and Aspinal

I'll believe it when I see them both in the cage.

Even if it does happen in November 2024, it would've been 20 months since Jon won the title, and he'll be fighting a 42 year old guy that hasn't fought in 3 and half years

I won't speak for anyone else but personally, I can't fucking wait for that HW unification bout in 2025. Only about another year to go!

we should all be blaming Gane for this bullshit anyway, if he had just beaten Jones or put a fight intriuging enough for a rematch this wouldn't be happening.

neither of them deserve to fight Aspinall imo. 1 guy has 1 win and the other guy is ancient and hasn't fought in years.
That's true, but I feel like Aspinall will have to beat one of them to get the respect of the greater fanbase.

Jones made his name beating the greats from the era before him, Shogun, Rampage, Vitor etc.

Miocic did the same at HW, beating Werdum, Overeem, JDS.

Aspinall just beating the current gen guys won't do much for him even if they are objectively better wins. People always think the eras of the past are better and look how quickly people forgot Pavlovich. He went from the most dangerous man in the sport to a nobody overnight on Sherdog.

Back