Stipe Miocic demands title rematch with Daniel Cormier, calls Brock Lesnar antics 'disrespectful'

Maybe he should have had a rematch clause in the contract. Did he ask for one? Surely he could have bargained for one. Maybe he got lost in the $$$$$...

No such thing as rematch clause in the ufc. They do as they please..

Most of the time when the ex-champ got finished/dominated the new champ wins the rematch as well. There should be no rematches unless it is a Machida/Shogun 1 type of fight or the champ was inefficient with his energy.

Well Stipe will be on the Helwani show today. I'm sure he'll have plenty to say about this. I'll put up a thread in a little bit.

So let me get this straight. Stipe deserves an immediate rematch despite getting KTFO in one round, but Cody Garbrandt is undeserving of his? {<huh}
This comment is stupid for the following reasons.
1. Stipe was the best heavyweight in UFC history before getting KO'd while Garbrandt got finished in his first title defense.
2. BW has way more deserving contenders than HW
3. TJ lost a close decision yet still had to earn a shot yet Cody was KO'd and gets an immediate rematch
4. Stipe has a legitimate gripe with refereeing due to the eyepoke
And yet despite all this, Cody NoDad is getting an immediate rematch and Stipe probably won't so quit your bitching.

Stipe Just needs to stay ready in my opinion. The fight with Brock would not happen until January. And that is assuming he can pass all of this drug testing. So he just needs to stay ready.

UFC never wanted Miocic as champion I dont think they will give him a rematch

Most of the time when the ex-champ got finished/dominated the new champ wins the rematch as well. There should be no rematches unless it is a Machida/Shogun 1 type of fight or the champ was inefficient with his energy.
I would agree if there was any credible contender at heavyweight, and since there isn't, Stipe should get a rematch.

Lesnar is a fucking joke of a fight, DC should be ashamed, hope that gorilla gets a fluke KO and makes him cry again.

Stipe 1st defense
712_Stipe_Miocic_vs_Alistair_Overeem.0.0.jpg

Stipe 2nd defense
ufc-211-stipe-miocic-junior-dos-santos.jpg

Stipe 3rd defense
908153422.jpg.0.jpg

Cody 1st defense
094_Cody_Garbrandt_vs_TJ_Dillashaw.0.jpg

870336948.1509855063.jpg

TJ-Dillashaw-875621.jpg

tj-dillashaw-cody-garbrandt-ufc-217.jpg

heavyweight is the worst/weakest division in all of MMA though, JDS and Stipe have been top 10 for like 10+ years. Ngannou admits he doesnt even train wresting or ground work and got a title shot. Brock Lesnar took years off came back and destroyed the #5 guy at the time who is till #6 lol

heavyweight is the worst/weakest division in all of MMA though, JDS and Stipe have been top 10 for like 10+ years. Ngannou admits he doesnt even train wresting or ground work and got a title shot
That's false. He never said that. Rumor was he DOESN'T LIKE IT, he absolutely trains it.

I'm not even hyped for this DC brock fight. it's a freakshow. would much rather having DC facing blaydes

You're a Fedor fan. You should be used to freakshow fights.
They make up half his record.

DC is going after the fights that will get him the most $$$. I don't blame him the guy is 39 yrs old and on his way to retirement in possibly a year or two. I don't think Lesnar should get a title shot either, but he's the only guy that can probably bring some huge PPV buys since the UFC has been lacking a bit with this, had Miocic won he would've wanted the Lesnar fight aswell.

You're a Fedor fan. You should be used to freakshow fights.
They make up half his record.
Fedor at least faced giants on steroids, DC will be fighting what? A 40 year old post-USADA Lesnar? LOL that fight makes NO SENSE

The very fact that anyone is saying that Lesnar should get a title shot at all let alone before a single fighter in the top 20 shows that the sport is in sorry shape.

This wouldnt fly in any other sport on the planet, same with anyone, fan of DC or not, saying that a poke in the eye (on the SAME SIDE a punch that put him on the ground came from) had no effect on the fight shows that fans are morons.

This isnt a team sport folks and if you are acting like it means nothing because its "your guy", all you are doing is saying that you are backing a guy that cant win with skill.

Says a lot about you...especially since you no doubt complained about DC getting poked in the eye several times by Jones.

JJ got thoroughly dominated and Garbrandt got KO'd too

What's your point? And I'm not the one to make excuses, I haven't even spoke on the eye pokes cuz it's not my style, but Stipe does make the point himself

Make the rematch

But no, cormier would rather fight fucking shogun and then Brock. Not gus, Blaydes, Volkov, or Stipe... not real contenders. Shogun then Brock.

Embarrassing
The money fight era.

You shouldn't get an immediate rematch after getting finished. The TJ x Cody fight is dumb too.

Stipe has the most title defences at HW so that sort of a record is it not

Because the HW division is a mess, Stipe needs to build himself up for a rematch and there are a lot of options. Just a couple of fights and he is in the line again.

DC deserves a good paying fight one of the few times I have no problem seeing Brock cutting line.

It could of been Stipe fighting Brock and getting that huge payout, but he got knocked the fuck out in the 1st, It's no ones fault but his.

Back