Stipe Miocic. Another fighter who became inactive once he became the champion

he has only been off since may and he had a crazy 4 fights with arlovski, werdum, overeem and jds from jan 16 to may 17. a break seemed viable for him.

While this is true, he's not very active while seemingly healthy I feel like the UFC doesn't have worth while matches for him. HW has always been a pretty slow moving division. the last time there were 3 HW title fights in a 12 month span it was ufc 155, 160 and 166. After that it feels like there was 1 HW title fight a year since then.

I Wish they just Gave Ngannou the title shot instead of making the overreem fight.

Stipe is a bad mother fucker. One of the guys that actually does deserve a nice pay bump.

Also, he would fucking retire(for realzies, not just injury retire) brown pride.

Stipe is a bad mother fucker. One of the guys that actually does deserve a nice pay bump.

Also, he would fucking retire(for realzies, not just injury retire) brown pride.
I want to see this fight. that's his ticket to immortality.

he has only been off since may and he had a crazy 4 fights with arlovski, werdum, overeem and jds from jan 16 to may 17. a break seemed viable for him.
It's been 6 months now. Before his last fight he took a 6 month break too.

meh. its been said before, there was no real clear cut contender to have him face. so whilst one arises after the next few fights, why cant he have a break?

i think the clear contender is winner of reem vs ngannou so we just got to wait for that to happen.

World title fights are difficult and so is the training.

Champs deserve their chill time leave Stipe alone

Didnt he just redo his contract this week?

The UFC offered him the fight.

Source? All I've seen is a) Dana claiming they were looking into setting up Stipe vs Jones before USADA hit the fan, b) Ngannou saying since Jones can't make it why not have Stipe fight me instead, since Overeem won't take my bait, then c) Overeem do a real quick "waaaait a minute bub, don't you cut in line" and offer to fight Ngannou after all.

Surely if the UFC actually officially offered a fight and Stipe turned it down because of negotiation ploys, we would have ALL heard about it by now. Dana wouldn't have been able to resist letting the fanship know, trying to lever our frustration as a bargaining tool on his side.

I'd understand this if there was a lineup of contenders waiting to have a go at Stipe, but he beat them all. The only one left (Cain) is perpetually injured. Ngannou's biggest win is a glass jaw veteran on a losing streak, i thought we were done making title fights a joke by just letting anyone get a shot ?

Not a huge stretch of time as these things go. Nor unusual in his record. The longest time off so far was the 9 month gap between the Struve loss and the Nelson fight. It's just we're all way more antsy about seeing him fight now that it represents a title defense, so it seems more egregious.

Nor is it his fault that the HW matchups that were supposed to determine persuasively who the next contender should be have been so anticlimactic — that is, the few that even managed to get to the cage in the first place.

Stupid thread, he wants and absolutely deserves a raise, if UFC wants him to fight it's simple: pay him. Shame is them not willing to pay what he wants, he actually put excellent numbers in his previous fights.

Back