Stipe is clearly the hw mma goat “if” he beat Cormier.

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by 3sumrock, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Streeter

Streeter Brown Belt

He beats DC n Cain ........ yeah GOAT GOAT.

2. Fedor>Cain

Fedor>Cain K1 Level Shit Talk

Your logic is dumb lol.

I guess it's a more even playing field under USADA where some people cheat, some people get caught, some people dont, some are clean, some of them (Vitor) get their test results covered up by the UFC.

You are delusional

3. welcometohavoc

welcometohavoc Yellow Card

Can't bring up the 10 years dominance when the guy was fighting people like HMC, Zuluzhino, Ogawa, TK, Yuji Nagata.

Every single guy Stipe has fought since winning the title has been top 5

4. fedoriswar37

fedoriswar37 Purple Belt

Awful thread. And I'm a big stipe fan who thinks hes close to fedor. Also, cains nowhere fucking close lol

5. fedoriswar37

fedoriswar37 Purple Belt

Cain isnt even fucking top 5 my god.

Typrune Goatley likes this.
  6. Prince Nephilim

Prince Nephilim Brown Belt

You're projecting and calling a stranger names because they don't agree with you tells me all I need to know about you.

So my last response to you is to piss off and get Fedor's pale red prick out of your mouth

7. PEDS Help me Post

PEDS Help me Post Black Belt

So basically the same as the UFC up until 2015.

Prince Nephilim likes this.
  8. PEDS Help me Post

PEDS Help me Post Black Belt

Sure you can because he fought a lot of other people too

<DirkMavs>

9. Wicked_1

Wicked_1 Purple Belt

Nag is a hyped no one, overeem is over.. Got handled by nag, Werdum is solid at times but not as solid as nog was.. And arlovski was a far better fighter when Fedor knocked him unconscious. 10 years without losing a round > anyone who lost to skyscraper by KO and hasn't even come close to 27 unbeaten streak. Stipe must appreciate ur nuthuggery tho.

10. nefti

nefti Red Belt

Potentially, Andre was classic case of unfulfilled potential.

11. myjohnson9

myjohnson9 GOAT Platinum Member

Hahaha did you just say a win over overeem is greater than big nog?

What about fedors wins over schilt which is a greater win than ngannou. Or Rogers which is equal to Ngannou. Or Arona? Or Hunt?

12. Cooliox

Cooliox Gold Belt

You are intentionally being stupid, dude.

Are you a fucking doctor now? Take PEDs is dangerous? That's your generalized conclusion?

A bunch of what is classified as 'PEDs' in mma are actual hospital-prescribed treatments. Not that I'm pro-steroids, but you need to stop saying dumb shit especially generalizing it like that.

The issue is not with the ethics with using steroids and other PEDs. Its about cheating. If it is allowed, then there is no cheating, whether you want to take it or not is up to you- just like it is up to you how much you want to invest in training camps, nutritionists, diet, bringing experts from around the globe... etc.

13. Prince Nephilim

Prince Nephilim Brown Belt

Read the first line and refuse to read the rest of your post. Nice waste of time typing. Now fuck off

14. MescalineDreams

MescalineDreams Silver Belt

ruthless but fair

Shaddows likes this.
  15. Cooliox

Cooliox Gold Belt

How self-centered of you to think that this is all about you.

No, kiddo, its not for you. Its to put you in your place so that others reading realize how stupid you are and in turn don't take your bullshit seriously.

That's about it. ciao.

16. Nameless Ghoul

Nameless Ghoul Brown Belt

Cormier..and for some people, Stipe will need to take a Delorean back to 2010 and defeat "prime" Cain. Anything else and Stipe isn't worthy.

17. Myrddin Wild

Myrddin Wild Lets enjoy our time together!

Good find on that list. A lot of those numbers are really questionable... but like you said, it depends on who's doing the rankings. They're most likely somewhere in the ballpark though.

Anywayz... My method has nothing to do with TS or the OP. It's my personal method for defining whether a GOAT point should be given for a particular fight. Fedor is by far the most challenging GOAT to do this for.

I don't understand how you can ignore what happens to a fighter after they fight the GOAT. It shows where they were truly at. It takes something away from the win for example if that person never wins another fight against top competition. It shows they were washed up all ready. It wasn't the excellence of the GOAT, it was the person's personal decline. However, if that same person showed up in very obvious top looking form when they fought the GOAT then that would over rule my method even if that person never won another fight in their life. Hope that makes sense.

Coleman is a perfect example of his post Fedor fight record proving he was washed up. It's real easy to just throw Coleman up & say he was ranked 4th at the time of their first fight, so that's a legit win for Fedor. His history after that fight though tells the story of an old man in his twilight. You see some of the build up to his decline prior to the Fedor fight... but at the time we all were just speculating if he still had it. Afterward, we knew he had lost a step... but it's what happened in the other fights after that fight that tells us the true story. It wasn't just Fedor's greatness that beat Coleman. It's that Coleman had gotten old & was not the same Coleman.

In their first fight, Coleman was off a really nice win streak on paper... & I don't doubt he was ranked 4th at the time. however, what the ranking doesn't show is that he took 2 years off after his loss to Nog, he came back to beat a twilight version of Don Frye... & then took another year off before fighting Fedor. So Coleman was 3 years removed from his win streak at the time. Something happened in those 3 years... & it's evidenced by his record after those 3 years.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  18. Final Say

Final Say You's'll Belt

[​IMG]

• Werdum owned Cain methodically and technically
    • Stipe owned Werdum methodically and technically
    • Stipe was an underdog against Francis, who he owned, methodically and technically

19. Shaddows

Shaddows Gold Belt

Fedor won and dominated his division against the top of his division for a decade.
    he beat everyone there was.

Stipe lost to journeymen.

you are a triggered blind hater...

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  20. Shaddows

Shaddows Gold Belt

10 years in Pride, where all the best fighters were....
    and what you said applied to everyone, so your excuses is irrelevant