Stipe: 'I think (Werdum) realized that it wasnt going anywhere'

y'kiddin?

prolly same result but without the takedown.
Well Reems old and worn out like all of Stipes competition so it wouldn't be far fetched.

Facts remain the same. Besides getting ktfo by Struve, Reem put up the best fight and it ended pretty odd. Need to run that one back just to be sure.

I'm pretty sure you miss quoted stipe he said that werdum knew HE wasn't going anywhere not that the fight wasn't going anywhere I could be wrong but I think he meant that he didn't wilt to the forward charging punches of werdum and werdum knew he was ready for the fight

Stipe is one of the only fighters I've ever known who has definitive knockout power and savage finishes but I still find him incredibly boring, bland, unlikable and impossible to root for.
Check out his latest interview with Joe Rogan then..sure to change your mind

stop trollin bro

stipe is as aggressive as they come
Dude, he is exactly like Holm.
They are very mobile, elusive and know how to keep his distance.

Note:This is not a bad thing.
People need to stop taking offense from everything.

This is their style. Just accept it for what it is.

Dude, he is exactly like Holm.
They are very mobile, elusive and know how to keep his distance.

Note:This is not a bad thing.
People need to stop taking offense from everything.

This is their style. Just accept it for what it is.
Stipe is exceptionally aggressive

yeah who knows what stipe could have accomplished boxing? he only did golden gloves to become a better mma fighter, hes talked about it a couple times, including the rogan podcast in the OP. his coach kind of forced him to do it.

but he started baseball young so he was probably too old to even think about a serious career in boxing.

His coach had to coerce him into starting to spar in the first place. He had come into the gym as a wrestling partner and wasn't exactly enamored with the idea of getting punched in the face. Luckily he realized it wasn't all that bad—

Classic illustration of the stupidity of MMA fans. Werdum got frustrated and ran at Stipe because he couldn't get his offense working.

It's similar to the misconceptions about Silva/Weidman 1. Anderson didn't get "caught" clowning. He was deliberately taunting Weidman to get him to open up because he couldn't do shit in the first round and realized that Weidman was legit when he almost got caught in that kneebar.
Some of the stupidest fight analysis came out of the first fight vs Weidman. Many people totally ignored that Silva had nothing for Weidman leading up to the "plan B" that opened up the KO.

It was obviously a case of bad fight IQ.

It's pretty hard to argue against that.

Werdum should have patiently sat back and thrown kicks.

He didn't need to rush forward but he has been charging at people like that his entire career. Even after improving his striking with Master Cordeiro he still charges forward wildly.

IYB6XVb.gif
Ask and it shall be given

Stipe easily wins rematch, werdum in his last fight looked like the werdum that got upper cut to oblivion by jds, and he's 40 now so it's a pointless rematch

Such a beautiful and skillful KO when you watch it in slow motion. He parried 4 punches from Werdum, threw a straight right, all while backing up and flattened him cold. Give this man his props.

After just over 2 minutes of a 25 minute fight?
<31>

Great win but Werdum served that KO on a platter for Stipe.
Doesn't mean Stipe wouldn't have won anyway (I think he would have) but it is what it is.
yeah I don't necessarily call bullshit on Stipe's team's gameplan, but 2 minutes is hardly enough time for Werdum to have decided "nothing I'm doing is working"...

Back