Stipe: 'I think (Werdum) realized that it wasnt going anywhere'

Final Say

So Icey Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
What ive been saying about this fight for a long time. A lot of people thought werdum had some stupid game plan or went 'full retard' but stipe kind of confirms what i always thought.

We knew exactly what he was gonna do. Everything he wanted to do, I just wasnt falling for anything he wanted. He went up for the flying knee, he went for the takedown, he went for a body kick, I just wasnt giving him anything he wanted. You know, I think he realized that it wasnt going anywhere.

timestamp:

I'd like to request a gif of that KO please and thank you...

Stipe is lucky Werdum didn’t try this:

6.gif

ya. it was a great win. and i'd still like to see a rematch.

in before "der, whutevr, no rematch needed, he pwnd him already"

ya. it was a great win. and i'd still like to see a rematch.

in before "der, whutevr, no rematch needed, he pwnd him already"
nah, id like to see it. werdum is a smart guy and that fight could be a very slow and methodical one because both of them are typically gameplanners. plus, if stipe wins in january, theres going to be some rematches on the horizon for him, why not?

Werdum had nothing for Stipe. It was easy work.

toro.gif

Flat on his ass. It was comical to watch him run after Stipe like that.

Last edited:
nah, id like to see it. werdum is a smart guy and that fight could be a very slow and methodical one because both of them are typically gameplanners. plus, if stipe wins in january, theres going to be some rematches on the horizon for him, why not?
dont think werdum and dana are in good grounds right now, probably meaning they are disagreeing about money, not sure if dana will want to go in that direction - although if there are no other options, its an easy go-to

dont think werdum and dana are in good grounds right now, probably meaning they are disagreeing about money, not sure if dana will want to go in that direction - although if there are no other options, its an easy go-to
hard to make the overeem rematch after that ngannou KO so we'll see

After just over 2 minutes of a 25 minute fight?
<31>

Great win but Werdum served that KO on a platter for Stipe.
Doesn't mean Stipe wouldn't have won anyway (I think he would have) but it is what it is.

<31>

Doesn't mean Stipe wouldn't have won anyway (I think he would have) but it is what it is.
yes, exactly. its what ive been saying since the fight. werdum completely emptied his chamber and nothing worked, so he went for broke.

yes, exactly. its what ive been saying since the fight. werdum completely emptied his chamber and nothing worked, so he went for broke.
I disagree

Kinda thing you do if you are down big on the scorecard in the final round, not 2 minutes into the fight.
Got over confident, over aggressive and didn't respect Stipe's power imo.

I disagree

Kinda thing you do if you are down big on the scorecard in the final round, not 2 minutes into the fight.
Got over confident, over aggressive and didn't respect Stipe's power imo.
complete opposite. felt stipe's power, knew nothing he was doing was working (lost confidence) and figured he needed a KO. and quickly.

but hey agree to disagree.

<31>

I agree. If Werdum quits so quickly on a cerebral fight to do that....

Also, he was trying to impress his homies in Brazil. Whatever he did, his plan D of offering his chin like a dumbass is abnormal.

Classic illustration of the stupidity of MMA fans. Werdum got frustrated and ran at Stipe because he couldn't get his offense working.

It's similar to the misconceptions about Silva/Weidman 1. Anderson didn't get "caught" clowning. He was deliberately taunting Weidman to get him to open up because he couldn't do shit in the first round and realized that Weidman was legit when he almost got caught in that kneebar.

Last edited:
Back